Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

NmareBfly posted:

😔This coulda had a little more. I wanted a luxurious shot of her letting her hair down...

Also the hug could have used a beat to emphasize? I felt the same about the shot of the frog costumes earlier. Just a couple seconds hold woulda made them better imo.

Minor stuff! Still elated! But, just saying.

E: spoilered because I watched right when it went up.

Yeah I think it lacked a bit of impact compared to the manga panels. But this was also probably the scene I reread the most in the manga so it was going to be difficult to not disappoint me somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
One of the most basic bit of foreshadowing I always loved is that when Falin is revived, she springs up, gasping for air.

Her right eye is squeezed shut and she instinctively clutches at her throat.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
The lead up to the resurrection was definitely not as good as in the manga, but the resurrection sequence itself was awesome as gently caress and I might actually prefer it to the manga.

Sander fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 21, 2024

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

NmareBfly posted:

😔This coulda had a little more. I wanted a luxurious shot of her letting her hair down...

Also the hug could have used a beat to emphasize? I felt the same about the shot of the frog costumes earlier. Just a couple seconds hold woulda made them better imo.

Minor stuff! Still elated! But, just saying.

E: spoilered because I watched right when it went up.

Mm, yeah I just saw the episode and was a little bit disappointed in the beats they took. Ah well, minor gripes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
On the other hand I do think they got the other lesbian moments nailed down and its probably a bit harder to deny that stuff compared to in the manga lol. Marcille just feels gayer in motion.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The actual ritual was metal as gently caress, but yeah the beats leading up to it could have been better. However I will not be able to take actual complaints seriously because I’m just pleased that the anime is confirming FalinxMarcille.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i caught a preview screening, marcille and falin just outright gently caress in the next one

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

One of the most basic bit of foreshadowing I always loved is that when Falin is revived, she springs up, gasping for air.

never noticed that, that's sick

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hey, how was Falin able to digest anything after being resurrected, anyways? Wouldn't her gut flora be completely out of whack?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Scholtz posted:

Hey, how was Falin able to digest anything after being resurrected, anyways? Wouldn't her gut flora be completely out of whack?

She seemed to be restored to perfect health as she was before death (remember everyone was hungry at that time), she just had some blood in her throat.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

i'm an idiot, what is the foreshadowing here

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm an idiot, what is the foreshadowing here

The dragons eye was blinded and its throat pierced, and she awakens echoing the wounds of the dragon that is now intrinsically merged with her

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

MonsterEnvy posted:

She seemed to be restored to perfect health as she was before death (remember everyone was hungry at that time), she just had some blood in her throat.

Yes but only non-human souls stick to the dungeon and are resurrected. The bacteria in her digestive system wouldn't come back to life.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Scholtz posted:

Yes but only non-human souls stick to the dungeon and are resurrected. The bacteria in her digestive system wouldn't come back to life.

I'm sure "healing magic" lumps in your gut microbiome as well among the things that are healed, otherwise folks would be making GBS threads themselves left and right and it'd make trouble to collect the rezzing fee.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
she got rezzed on a nasty rear end city street trampled on by centuries of who knows what, some of that poo poo definitely ended up inside her

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Scholtz posted:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Think we get a new OP?

One we have now is still excellent but I've always thought it was kinda... plain. There are scads more characters to show off that will be popping up in relatively short order, and the story has absolutely taken a turn. I could see waiting for the full Falin reveal? But typically if you get one it's now.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Seems hard to do an OP just yet without major spoilers.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like the current OP, I wasn't sold on the song at first but it grew on me and all the imagery and stuff is cool. A new one would be cool though.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The song is so good and the series is so good that listening to it can make me tear up a little. But I think the only real thing to spoil is Falin? So just give her a headshot towards the end. I mean the ninjas are gonna be in and out in the next handful of episodes but one in particular is gonna stay around and deserves more than a tail in the OP.

speaking of,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eml1l1y-EIA

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

You've got Shuro with the retainers and 'Asebi', Falingon, actual Itzumi, the Canaries, and finally Yaad & Co and the first mention of the Winged Lion towards the end of the season. Maybe they'll add characters to the opening as they get revealed?

So far at the pace they're going it looks like this season will be:

13 - Thistle Fight & Orcs
14 - Dryads, Kabru Team vs Resurrectors and Sea Serpent
15 - Cockatrice and Cleaners
16 - Harpies & Falin
17 - Dopplegangers
18 - Itzumi
19 - Nightmares
20 - Snow Golem / Barometz / Canaries Intro
21 - Golden Country
22 - Griffin
23 - Changling
24 - First Floor

That gets us up to Chapter 55 of 97 (it's kind of crazy how much stuff happens after they reach Thistle's house)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
When you’re thinking about how the gut bacteria in a person would interact with any given fantasy action you are thinking too hard about things

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I guess it depends if you consider character reveals spoilers. Plenty of anime show people off in the OP for a bit before they appear. Kabru's party, the ninja team with Asebi to keep her a little under wraps, the elves closer to shore or arriving...

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I read the manga about six episodes ago and it was exciting coming back to the next episode watching the OP and seeing how many characters it included

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

thetoughestbean posted:

When you’re thinking about how the gut bacteria in a person would interact with any given fantasy action you are thinking too hard about things

Oh I'm SORRY for thinking about digestion in this diet and nutrition based series!!!

Are our colons not just dungeons with their own creatures (bacteria) and mana (gas) and treasures (poo)???

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

dung in messy

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

thetoughestbean posted:

To be fair that type of overthinking is definitely up Kui's alley

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I wish I could wipe my memory and experience this series all over again. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Clearly bacteria are some kind of mana sprites and the layered structure of humanoid intestines for their own mini-dungeon biome. In this essay I will 1/67

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I love the OP. The opening guitar strumming really sets a great fantasy mood.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jerkface posted:

:same:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Clearly bacteria are some kind of mana sprites and the layered structure of humanoid intestines for their own mini-dungeon biome. In this essay I will 1/67

The real dungeon was in us all along. :unsmith:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the anime actually has me thinking of resurrection sickness specifically as the consequence of a reset gut biome

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

thetoughestbean posted:

They’re thinking about it just the right amount!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Jerkface posted:

My favourite part is the bardcore breakdown at the end.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dolash posted:

My favourite part is the bardcore breakdown at the end.

While I really like that, I prefer the music swelling as Fallin opens her eyes. It's really well timed.

Usually I skip intro songs, but this one is great.

Sander
Sep 10, 2022
I want Keith David to voice Winged Lion in the dub.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

They should go whole-hog and pay James Earl Jones to voice him.

Mufasa's back, baby!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just finished the first 12 episodes. im thinking season 1 is gonna end with senshi and the hippogryph soup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Winged Lion should clearly be voiced by the same guy that does the narration.

This is such a good idea I might actually be disappointed if it doesn't happen.