Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Don't walk while you eat, Izutsumi. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
There was the little promo that they did for the uhhh tankobon release, I think? Would be nice to see this level of production for the whole dang thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlB-_rgSLBI

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

I Am Fowl posted:

It's mostly that we're all jealous of how good the spanish localization of the name is.

:yeah:

("Dungeons and Dragons" in spanish is "Calabozos y Dragones". Dungeon Meshi's spanish name is "Calabozos y Tragones" - "Dungeons and Swallowers/Gluttons")

e: Yeah checking back on it, Dungeon Meshi's only been officially published as Tragones y Mazmorras (exact same meaning and pun, just going by Spain's name for DnD)

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 13, 2022

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
oh Laios. you DENSE motherfucker :allears:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Seconding Frieren and Heterogeneous Linguistics, they hit a similar mark in the "relatively standard fantasy world with a LOT of thought put into how everything works and a fairly wholesome tone". Frieren has some light combat and Linguistics has practically none, iirc.

For something slightly sillier in tone you could check out Soara and the Monster's House. Basically a monster-of-the-week but instead of "how eat" it's "how build house for". Only a few eps out so far, though.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
No spoiling Animorphs itt unless you can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that the next Dungeon Meshi chapter won't be an Animorphs crossover :colbert:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Izutsumi will not be animated because she doesn't feel like it

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Kui felt bad for doodling a short comic about Farlyn wanting a cake but then not showing her eat that cake.
Somehow I feel like the manga will have a happy ending.

Also the existence of chocolate in the Dungeon Meshi universe proves the existence of Dungeon Meshi Mesoamerica. Give us the Eagle Warriors and Jaguar Warriors that are just straight up eagles and jaguars, you coward

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
I suspect that Laios's master plan is just an excuse to justify becoming a monster

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

that's it that's the whole manga

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Well, I'd like to see ol Laios vore his way out of THIS jam!
*Laios vores his way out of the jam easily*
Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Calling it now, the solution to the curse will be "right now my deepest desire is to rescue Farlin, so what I need to do is to get REALLY into my monster freak poo poo until it surpasses my save-my-sister needs, THEN we can save Farlin"

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Kanos posted:

Yeah, if there was only the one demon responsible for all of the magic behind dungeons and their inhabitants, Laios getting the Winged Lion to gently caress off forever also necessarily means that the source behind all the dungeons is now gone.

Pretty sure it's meant to be one demon per dungeon (the demon that got Mithrun was different and got ganked by the canaries), so it's just that dungeon that's gone. So Laios could travel the world looking for dungeons to carry on his monster freak ways.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
I suspect even after Dungeon Meshi is done we'll still have several year's worth of sketches and illustrations of the gang wearing cute clothes.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

when a new chapter drops

me when

me when there's no new chapter

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
It just dawned on me that whatever stupid monster meat restaurant Laios has in mind will probably end up being the title drop.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

boredsatellite posted:

Is it fair for a manga to be this consistently good?

Donkringel posted:

Think the manga will end at chapter 100?

Bybus Slago posted:

Are the Canaries even going to be needed anymore? With the Winged Lion gone, aren't all the dungeons going to be, well.. not dungeons?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Nebrilos posted:

Laius's curiosity only extends to monsters and orcs are not monsters.

(chapter 14.5)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
I do believe that Laios's interests are mostly concentrated on non-sapient species.
But let's be honest: Laios definitely wonders what orc sweat tastes like.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
actually the spanish title is good, and cool, and funny

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
I've entered the bargaining stage and I think I'm ready to accept the end of Dungeon Meshi, provided we get another 100 chapters of the adventurer's bible. Give me pics of the gang wearing the baggiest Christmas sweaters imaginable, forever

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
The gang really earned their happy ending (and Laios earned that curse, the nasty little freak). Loved every single bite of this amazing manga and can't wait for the anime, or for the extra content, which better include a LOT of cute pics of the gang wearing casual modern fashion.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

it's certainly a close second to FMA in my mind

turns out meticulous and well-crafted worldbuilding count for a lot!

Thesis: Dungeon Meshi is the best completed manga of all time
Antithesis: FMA is the best completed manga of all time
Synthesis: Silver Spoon is the best completed manga of all time

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Alacron posted:

So I just did a full re-read of the manga, and now I desperately need an epilogue.

Did Chilchuck patch things up with his wife?

Did Senshi go his own way, or did he stick around the new country?

Did Pattadol and Mithrun become diplomats?

Did Falin marry Shuro? Or Marcille? Neither? Both???

1, 2 and 3: yes
4: Falin had zero interest in Shuro and now that she's basically royalty she's free to tell him to gently caress off. Laios doesn't seem like the kind of guy to marry off his sister for an alliance, and he won't he in any rush for one either since he is 100% marrying the orc chief's sister. Marcille might have a shot once she clears the crimes against humanity allegations.

Vizuyos posted:

who does Marcille's hair now?????

nobody, she rocks the Sadako look forever

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Dungeon Meshi... Aah, Dungeon Meshi.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
i feel like Ryoko Kui would love to draw some stupid-rear end landsknecht outfits

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
they got extra cushions for the halflings!!! cute

also chilchuck immediately regretting having his daughters meet senshi

and of course izutsumi couldn't wait until everyone was at the table to start eating, stupid piece of poo poo cat. she's the best :allears:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
He might be the world's most divorced halfling, but more importantly, he is a union man through and through

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
one of my favorite bits in the manga was when the halfling in Kabru's party is like "Chilchuck? that guy's bad news! as soon as you land in the island he strong-arms you into giving him a cut of your earnings for "protection"!"

and just a few chapters later you're like "actually you're a piece of poo poo scab and a slaver, gently caress off (or at least you think you're a slaver, turns out your slave only follows you around because he pities you)"

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
speaking in a broad sense, i think my favorite thing about Delicious Dungeon Meshi Meal Tragones Gluttons is that it starts with a silly high concept, and as the plot progresses it never unbecomes that, but it also adds, as a side dish, one of the best fantasy stories in recent memory. there are just so many action/comedy stories that grow tired of their own premise halfway through and devolve into generic battle arcs that maybe pay lip service to the original idea once every few episodes (read: every single isekai with a 20 word title)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

VideoWitch posted:

Isekai Authors Hate Her: Local Manga Author's Work Has Themes

uhhh i have it on good authority that themes are for eighth-grade book reports

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
"just look at this loving costume. who would take her seriously?"

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

I've lost count of how often Ryoko Kui has done the "meanwhile, Izutsumi is doing nothing" punchline. It's always great.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

this raises an important question: would marcille include a sponsor segment in her apology video

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Scholtz posted:

More... more!!!

:unsmith:

:smith:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Doesn't have any elves tho

someone didn't buy the Wirrâl Untethered expansion 🙄

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
uh excuse me, Laios never ate a person, he only ate the non-person bits off a person, and he also ate himself, but he was no longer himself by then so that doesn't count plus he got better.

actually when i was reading back the merfolk chapter in anticipation of today's episode, it struck me that this might have been the most creepy-but-in-a-bad-way that Laios ever got. like the gang gets up to some skeevy poo poo later but it's usually out of necessity, i don't remember him ever again trying to move the goalposts of morality to try to eat a seemingly sentient being (the anime omits Chilchuck's argument that the merfolk crafting their own weapons means they have a culture), agree that it feels wrong, pretend to give up and then sneak that poo poo into the dish in secret. that's a red flag!!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
time to post dumb fanart that i like

[x]

[x]

[x]

also figure i'll ask here because i don't know where else - it's the year 2024, is it ok to just use the image's original url or are we still expected to rehost it. is hotlinking still a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
yet another page from the new Adventurer's Bible (Adventurer's New Testament???)

Otta giving strong Tim Robinson in a hot dog costume vibes