Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Dog Kisser posted:

The characters are all interesting and engaging, there's very little dumb fanservice or tone-deaf sex stuff,

Clarification: there is no fanservice or tone-deaf sex stuff. Not that I can recall at least. It actually gently pokes fun at this when Marcille, the elf, gets grabbed by a moving vine, and then Laius says to her "Being held firmly, but not uncomfortably like that must feel pretty good." And then Marcille makes this :catstare: face at him. It's great.

EDIT: Also I am so waiting on someone to cook up a D&D adventure module based on this setting. With all the detailed worldbuilding I think it'd be fairly easy!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

I like Dungeon Meshi so much its one of the few mangas i own a physical copy of

I own four copies (vols 1-4). :cool:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

:five: YES. Freaking borrowed. If I get a chance I might want to crop a few images of the dungeon layou, the island and town and so on too, to throw in the OP and be more fodder for a potential DM.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I like the idea that being "regular pretty" means you're really plain in elf terms. Also :negative: I saw all the replies and thought a new chapter was here.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Noo don't shove Senshi, he's delicate. :ohdear:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wait wait. Hold on. I just thought of something.

Did they just find a resolution to the whole My-Sister-Is-A-Half-Dragon-Griffin-Monstrosity problem? Like, what if they get Farlyn to step in one of those circles? Would she possibly morph into something less dangerous, that they could restore her from?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Tetracube posted:

Laius also thought of that in the chapter that just came out

Look I was skimming the chapter pretty quickly at work, ok??

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

neeeeeewwwwww chapter!

edit: holy poo poo lol this page and especially that lower right panel

Wow, uh, didn't this actually just take a really really dark turn this chapter?? They're going to eat her!! My god!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That one set of panels with Farlyn eating by herself as the seasons changed was unreasonably, intensely sad. :( Hit me right in the feels.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I'm a big fan of the elf with the big nose.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Big nosed elf is best elf and come at me if you think otherwise.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yes, yes, bicorns. ... But what about Tricorns??

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Shaggy Laius is pretty hot in that kind of "sad tormented loner hero" way.

I feel that this chapter somehow conflicts with Falin's story of her time at school, because I was sure that in that one Marcille was depicted as being a fellow student. I want to go and reread it, but I don't know which chapter that was.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Not gonna lie, I am looking forward to seeing them encounter an honest to god D&D Lich someday.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

gnome7 posted:

Isn't the mad sorcerer a lich? Like their whole thing is they did too much evil magic and now they're immortal and in control of a big evil dungeon.

I think, maybe? I got more the impression that they were some kind of spirit or something. At least, not a classic, has-a-phylactery, style lich.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

Filet-O-Lich

Lich-Fil-A

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Marcille posted:

Please no, I do not want to smoke the dungeon weed
_______/

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

W-wait, the goofy elf is a dude?? My god, I have to change his mental voice actor now!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Of course D&D lets the spellcaster solve the encounter with magic when the martial characters all get clowned. :rolleyes:

Fuuuuuuck, that weird goat-eye grin the Winged Lion did. I knew the guy couldn't be trusted!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

RatHat posted:

Everything is weak to explosion attacks.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ott_ posted:

Itsuzumi has the best faces.

A really good avatar+post combo.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

not even being transformed into a bird dragon centaur can stop farlyn from being cute

Farlyn is extremely good, and pure, even as a voiceless chimera monstrosity.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I'm not familiar but I presume so, since even I can tell this one from her blog definitely is

grl gamerz

RAB
BIT is

DEATH :yohoho:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Lurking Haro posted:

Laius is going to turn into his ideal monster, isn't he?

Then he's going to eat Farlyn, solving the problem of eating her to free her body.

And then he's trying to eat everyone else :stare:

Thistle isn't coming out because he freaking out someone cleaned up his house.

This is why you don't gently caress with human transformation alchemy. Something bad always happens. :smith:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

YEAH YEAH HOTTER YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

:allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dzhay posted:

I don't want to spice-shame the author, but if a Thai green curry is off the chart...

Doesn't it depend on how much Thai bird chile is added? Maybe the local Thai place where Kui Ryoko lives makes some insanely spicy green curry.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Jen X posted:

I like the slow deevolution of thistle’s morality

I see it as perhaps the inherently corrupting power of being Dungeon Master ( :haw: ). That people initially start off with benevolent intentions, like Thistle merely wanting to protect his kingdom, transforming over time into keeping the people prisoner. The demons probably act on these basic impulses and just apply the slightest push.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Man, Thistle's just that ultrapowerful AI where its creators told it "Make us happy" and the AI's response was just to take over the world with some kind of nanomachine plague and then wire everyone's brains up to produce maximum dopamine all the time. :mitt:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

So she went out trying to cop a buzz off that walking mushroom, right?

This honestly kicks rear end, when you're just a hustler that fucks up and catches a hell sentence in elf jail, what else are you gonna do but hang out with your fellow rejects and burnouts, and put your brain in a bird and trip balls?

He turns her on her side so she won't throw up and choke to death. :smith: :respek: :unsmith:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I like how Kiki is all like, "You wanna touch?" :wink:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ok. THAT'S IT. Misurn is canceled!! :colbert:

EDIT:

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 18, 2021

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Crain posted:

I wonder if you could get around the whole "Demon devours the Dungeon Master" thing by just finding a really burnt out and soul crushed bureaucrat to run it purely out of obligation and scheduling.

No desires, only logistics.

So Misurn gets to be the Dungeon Master? Got it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh gosh Marcille looks so cute in the Brady Bunch style cover page. :kimchi:

EDIT: And it's such a huge contrast to the end of the chapter holy poo poo :tviv:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Milsiril is the bestest best mom. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

We're gonna build a dungeon menu and the Elves are gonna pay for it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Haystack posted:

Thats a nice webnovel title you got there

CHUD Isekai, I can see the bucks rolling in as we speak!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Marcille's really starting to worry me. :allears: Playing on these kinds of desires and compulsions is part and parcel for demons. And if she has potential to turn the entire world into a dungeon...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

MikeSevigny posted:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/172f7128-4c3f-408b-890a-3b702bdad40f

WAY TO GO MARCILLE

On the one hand I don't think Trigger would half-rear end it, on the other hand I hope you're ready for Dungeon Meshi to get a whole lot hornier.

The Little Witch Academia anime was wholesome though :3:, and, if they do this one, I'm sure Dungeon Meshi will be too.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

amigolupus posted:

Only if they do this scene justice:

Cue Blumenkranz/the Scanty & Kneesocks theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

SexyBlindfold posted:

:yeah:

("Dungeons and Dragons" in spanish is "Calabozos y Dragones". Dungeon Meshi's spanish name is "Calabozos y Tragones" - "Dungeons and Swallowers/Gluttons")

Oh drat that is :krad: I love it. :allears: