Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I will fully admit that the whole Weebles situation made me break down crying with how it ended back then, have only had two other animal related things make me that sad in comparison(my cat dying back in 2016 and when Grape-kun died)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Chaosfeather posted:

I would have never thought of using a pressure washer. That's perfect. Can't wait to have deer chunks scattered across my friend's yard that I need to pick up before the coons find them.

And thank you, I have definitely seen the greasy, yellow hides you are talking about and that looks much much nicer. Thanks for the example and I'll definitely keep your shop in mind now that I'm learning how to knit. Just gotta learn how to do something that isn't a scarf.

Let the coons have their snack:randvince:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Could name the one you rescued Jericho, after the "Rose of Jericho" a type of "Resurrection Plant", which feels rather relevant to the lamb in question

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I assume that fence isn't powerful enough to do any real harm to the sheep

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sheep Romance sounds like the kind of thing that is adorable but also probably quite ridiculous

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Instant Jellyfish posted:

He had been sick so the wool was broken and wouldn't make a usable pelt, even if I had been up to skinning him after putting him down. I took some wool to make a cord and I'll take his eartag (he was number 0002 of course) to make a charm for it. I do have his brother's pelt. Roman's owner gifted it to me after having to put him down, they kept the skull for themselves.

I like skulls but I don't know if I could handle having my bud hanging on my wall.

Perhaps you could have one or more of his horns turned into a Shofar, he did have some beautiful horns after all

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Well, good news and bad news.

Good news is the Biscuit has a new sheep mommy that loves him.

Bad news is that Aster had twin rams and one was dead.

As far as she knows, however, the dead lamb came back to life miraculously and is only slightly weird. Biccy will have to wear his skin for a few days and he's in the tote with his new brother because he doesn't know he needs to stay with them yet but fingers crossed it all works out for him! Aster is already talking to him and licking him so I'm hopeful.

Skin grafting is kind of hosed up looking but is the most successful way to graft a lamb onto a ewe that has lost a lamb, so you do what you have to do.

Well that's a bit of a mixed bag, good for Biscuit though, gonna need some pics of his new brother though

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Biscuit is doing really well with his new sheep family! I'm just so happy that worked out :kimchi:

Taking a break from lambing to celebrate Major's birthday

Gonna need to come up with a thematically matching name for his adoptive brother

Also is Major getting a piece of that cake or are you just showing him a people cake?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I forgot to post this Beep video. She’s showing off her teefers because rubbing her cheek is triggering a suckle reflex. She is exactly as soft as she looks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNQClHpdF7Q

I had almost forgotten that Sheep don't have upper front teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

That first boy won at life immediately after birth, definitely needs to be named Lucky