Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What exactly is the female cop doing after losing the drugs? Just standing in shock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I was watching some Jojo videos and YouTube went on to recommend this video to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBJ6JfjV25E

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Apparently his argument is that certain aspects of the writing of Jojo got better with each part, not that each part gets better than the last.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How many novels are there and are they worth reading?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Nessus posted:

The odds are shockingly high that Joseph was given an official visit by Adolf Elizabeth and a firm handshake to go with his German technology prosthetic hand. 30% of the Speedwagon Foundation's budget has gone towards suppressing this fact

And another 30% is spent on fixing Joseph's drat hand. Seriously, how many times has that thing gotten damaged/destroyed?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The fact that Rohan doesn't know the cat makes me think it belongs to some new unknown organization, and it's going to nab the diamond while the protags are tied up.

Either that, or it's just a random stray cat being a dickhead. That's also a strong possibility

Passione time baby!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Do you think Speedwagon will get his own song?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

GER moved to defend Giorno in skipped time because nobody but Diavolo, King Crimson and Epitaph can function within it. If chaos erupts around him that he can't react to in time, I have to imagine that his stand will act on its own again to defend him, just as multiple others have done throughout the series; Star Platinum catching that bullet Jotaro shot at himself, Stone Free sewing a message into Jolene's arm after Miu Miu erased almost all of her notes, Weather Report keeping Wes from committing suicide no matter how he tried in the past, Tusk Act 4 approaching Other World Diego in stopped time, etc.

If Giorno were to fall into a manhole, I imagine one of them would notice and try to catch themselves as they did so.

But that would only happen if Giorno had GER active at the time and by the time he would notice something strange going on, it might be too late.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Darko posted:

GERs defense is auto; Giorno didn't even know it existed.

I choose to think that GER acted in skipped time because Diavolo flicked his blood on Giorno in skipped time (another instance of him doing actions in that), and I'd definitely view that as an attack on me.

By "active" I mean GE has to have the arrow lodged in it to become GER, and at the end of the fight with Diavolo it seemed that GE had separated from the arrow, indicating that GER is not a permanent thing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Was anyone able to follow Usagi's logic there? I got a little lost.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

TriffTshngo posted:

I actually didn't have a problem with the final antagonist being who it was, and the fight itself was good (most of it, anyway; count me among the people who did not like the rock animals angle), but it just went on for way too long. It seriously lasts for 34 chapters, which is 11 longer than D4C (which includes Who Shot Johnny, the train chase, and the fight on the beach).

I wouldn't go by chapter count since monthly chapters are inconsistent with their length; page count, or even volume count, is more accurate.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

WrightOfWay posted:

I'm disappointed that Araki is wrong about calendar trivia.

What's he wrong about?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

CodfishCartographer posted:

Regardless of what happens with the rest of Jojolands, it had an amazing first chapter. Maybe the strongest in all of Jojo.

How would you rank the first chapters of every part?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Someone showed me this bunch of art and I like some of them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/1b7bd38/jojos_bizarre_adventure_but_araki_was_born_in/

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm sure anything can have/be a Stand. The sun was once a Stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I don't think Jotaro had a chance to hang out with Kakyoin until that point.