Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

is it me or does ciocollata look more intimidating now than he did in the manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

X is better than part 7.

No

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Like a winter catfish

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It only makes sense really, that when the protagonists are defined by their courage, the ultimate villains are all defined by fear

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m perfectly content with how long D4C—> Love Train —> Ball Breaker is because it feels earned and the whole battle is absolutely excellent from beginning to end.
I also like High Voltage a lot as a way of rounding out Johnny’s journey.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I dunno, Diego was still kinda a bad guy. He was much more sympathetic than DIO, sure, but he still wanted the corpse in order to rule over humanity and was only allied against Valentine out of necessity. He was more callous than outright cruel, but still. I accepted Alternate Universe Diego being more twisted and resembling DIO a lot more as being just because, well, he was a different Diego.

I agree tho about C-Moon being a rad fight.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

The Best JoJo conversation is really only Jolyne or Johnny let's be honest

:hai:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

God though I can’t wait for all this stuff to get animated.
In particular the close-range fighting between Diego and Valentine is so cool. Whenever a JoJo fight involves a train you know it’s gonna be loving gold. Part 9 should just take place entirely on a train.
I want hear some crazy dubstep sounds for D4C breaking people into sponges

Augus fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 5, 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Part 6 has at least two big points in its favor
1) It has Jolyne, the coolest JoJo
2) It has the greatest panel in manga history

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

accidentally!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Am I misremembering how long the upcoming fights were because it feels like not a whole lot of material is left for 6 episodes?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Mickey isn’t there because that’s clearly a Universal Studios brochure. They should be asking where the gently caress is Shrek.

Nah there’s a sea world logo on the front too, it’s supposed to be a general tourist guide brochure.

...Where the gently caress is Shamu!?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Diavolo has a strong, intimidating presence and there’s a real feeling of build-up to the final face-off with him.
The problem is that compared to DIO and Kira that final face-off ends up being a let-down. There’s barely any direct fighting between Giorno and Diavolo before Golden Experience Requiem solves everything.

You can tell that Araki also realized this was a problem because while Part 6 and Part 7’s climaxes also involve one side calling checkmate in the form of stand evolution, they also have lengthy direct confrontations with the villain leading up to that.

I wouldn’t really have any issue with the Chariot Requiem shenanigans if it weren’t for the fact that this happens instead of a proper fight with Diavolo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Giorno gave Bruno the ladybug charm that would let him track the boss’s movements so he could ambush him, Bruno was already on board with the plan. Then he saw Trish’s arm and said “gently caress it, I’ll kill him myself right now.”

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Augus posted:

I think Kira is a better final battle because of how many different characters get to contribute meaningfully to it, how many different Chekov’s guns from previous episodes come into play, and how desperate the fight feels down to it’s final moments. It really feels like a culmination of everything that came before it.

DIO vs Jotaro is a solid third place for finales tho.

(First place is Valentine, obviously)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

well none of them have stands named Golden Experience either

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think Jolyne used to be bi but after seeing that trans dude’s penis she realized that gender is not binary but a vast, colorful spectrum, and became pan

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 3, 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

pansexual

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I wasn’t going to start that

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

never mind

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Expect My Mom posted:

Anecdotally I'll say that I've seen way more online discussion about Part 5 waaaay more than Part 4. Way more fanart/people changing their avatars to part 5 characters etc. I'll also say again that SA is a very small anime community, and I've seen a lot of anime onlys say that Part 5 is their new favorite.

Also Part 5 is brain blastingly popular in Japan so this is all a long way of me saying It's Probably Fine And There Will Def Be A Part 6

week climax aside it’s hard to argue that the 30-something episodes up to then were anything other than a spectacular rollercoaster ride

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stone Ocean is very good

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This is the taste of a man who is 89 years old!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Thumbing through thousands of “Florida man” stories taking copious notes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's been 89 frickin' chapters!!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Part 6 is loving excellent you nerds

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they all come back as marginally different versions of themselves living much happier lives and emporio rides off into the sunset with them
the ending of hamlet this ain’t

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sirtommygunn posted:

I'd say it's bittersweet. Even though they're the same souls, they're different people, and that's hosed up even if they turn out better for it. Also FF doesn't come back with the rest of them so that's extremely hosed up.

FF is still there you just can’t see her because she’s microscopic

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

somepartsareme posted:

johnny should have just let valentine bring back gyro from a different dimension, i mean he'd just be marginally different it doesnt really matter

uhh yeah that’s literally the conclusion that Johnny comes to, that even if it’s a different Gyro who doesn’t even know him, it would still be Gyro. that’s not the reason he shoots valentine. he shot valentine because valentine was going to stab him in the back the second act 4 was undone

Augus fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 3, 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

he got to cheat death and live on as a mafia turtle, what’s the downside?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ah yes, the same principle as The Hand

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

When part 8 is animated we will be the 89 year old men

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

do not skip part 6

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't loving choose one or even two or three best fights so I'm just gonna ramble off a bunch of my favs

Both D'arbys
DIO's World
Highway Star
Bites The Dust/Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable
Beach Boy/Grateful Dead
Metallica
Jail House Lock
Bohemian Rhapsody
C-Moon
Sugar Mountain
D4C/Love Train
High Voltage

on a side note, I really like High Voltage as an arc title. The ACDC reference ties the whole thing back to Valentine and shows that even though DIO is the one that's fighting, he's really just Valentine's last-ditch gambit and not the main villain in his own right.

Augus fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 15, 2020

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

great days blows

what the gently caress

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dragonwagon posted:

I still can't take Valentine's emoji speech seriously.

I love it because it really shows just how hard Valentine is bullshitting

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also that time he drank piss

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

personally i think the reason people don’t talk about haruhi much anymore is that it’s been literally a decade since the movie came out

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

animated opening for eyes of heaven 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

as jank as it was, I liked the idea of the PS2 Golden Wind game where it's kinda a 3D brawler but with really unconventional battle situations.

also Street Fighter 5 giving Seth a bunch of Jotaro and DIO's moves made me really want Capcom to make a Heritage for the Future successor