Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

Hey guys how does king crimson work

「Very Carefully」

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It seems to me like Tsurugi’s determination to keep the branch a secret has made it automatically manipulate people into getting hurt or killed. I’m assuming that’s what ends up killing Norisuke.
Also, it’s kinda strange that Oujiro seems to consider Kira a friend after what he tried to do in the beginning... but I guess Oujiro in general is strange to begin with.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Maybe we’ll learn how Karera got that picture of her, Kira, and Josefumi.
Hahaha just kidding

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hemingway To Go! posted:

is there unifying fan theory for part 8 as to the connection between the rocks that hide among people, the plant that turns part of you into rock, and the disease that turns you into a rock

Watch it all be a red herring and there’s no connection whatsoever.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Imagine all the giant tits that were floating out of 6th graders’ notebooks

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jojo is incredibly homoerotic but has a surprisingly low number of canonically LGBTQ characters. There’s what, Dio being bi, the two villain couples in Golden Wind, Pucci (who wasn’t apparently written to be gay but Araki considers it an equally valid interpretation), Valentine’s wife, and... I can’t think of any others. It’s still more than most other manga though I guess.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

CJ posted:

Today will be the end of the story and the special will be Rolling Stone though, correct?

Lol nope

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

If they make a part 6 anime thy better drat well keep Jolyne’s voice actress from the games. She’s Ono/Jotaro-levels of perfect.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Never heard that it was a last minute thing before, so I’m gonna go ahead and say it’s misinformation

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

multijoe posted:

Nah, here's the afterword where he discusses changing the ending. From his comments it seems the creation of Made in Heaven itself was part of that last minute change, so at the very least C-Moon would likely have played a larger in the original draft. Other than that I guess they'd have killed Pucci and then everyone went home, which Araki seems to think would have been a flat note to end the saga on.

Oh wow, I didn’t know about that. It’s interesting to see his thought process.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Johnny and Polnareff at the 2020 Paralympic Games

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

In Golden Wind 2 the gang needs Diavolo to help them fight an even stronger mob boss so Gold Experience Requiem has to un-gently caress him

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Zyla posted:

with part 6 im a little sad that jolyene didnt get a bigger go out with a bang moment, i mean the dolphin stuff was clutch but idk i just expected the tried and true jojo formula, which i suppose is why the ending is so effective in the first place. Maybe i would have preferred the big bad get a little more roughed up instead of just being in the ownzone the entire time, but i guess its true that a single false move 5v1 would be fatal. the whole thing was great from a holy poo poo our heroes are barely able to even stay alive and are just hanging on by strings

i was sad there was no reprise of foo fighters as well, i think they were my favorite character this turn.

also was anasui intended to be female but araki had to compromise for the sake of the censors? it sure feels this way

That’s the rumor, but I’ve never seen any actual source for it.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Like most things in Jojo, Araki had just found out about lesbians and wanted the audience to know too

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

David Productions sending people to commit crimes in Florida so they can study the prisons

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah I just assumed that one vertebrae isn't going to make a difference. Hot Pants could have probably left a finger inside Johnny and it would've still worked

Honestly, who wouldn’t want to leave a finger inside Johnny?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

tbp posted:

i just passed the first arc of part 5 where the gang fights the boss's elite guard, the one where trish starts using her stand on the plane against the weird death-activated stand (also lol its called notorious big)

im imagining it'll become more clear when he's interacted with, but is king crimson meaningfully different than the world / star platinum? i might be dumb but i genuinely can't see how "erasing time" and the boss being able to move inside the "erased" time while nobody else can is different than just "stopping time"

He can briefly see the future before using it and stuff keeps happening in the erased time but otherwise it’s basically The World.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Karera and Kyo died on their way back to their home planet. Also what the gently caress is a wall eye

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I wonder if we’ll ever find out just what D4C stands for....

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Joshu ending up in a sink and his complete utter confusion was another highlight of the Vitamin C fight

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Rock Lee is the best Naruto character so why does this feel cursed

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Christ, it’s been that long? I feel like I’m 89 years old

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

To be fair we thought the same thing about Mitsuba and she ended up becoming a major character out of nowhere

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Can Smith-san pilot a real plane or only Aerosmith

How big of an airplane are we talking

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So was that pipe/straw that sprayed out Jobin’s blood something that appeared as part of the “disaster” or was it a stand attack of some kind from Tooru?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

we're not near the endgame yet we haven't had time and space hosed with
Sure we have, it was just Araki who hosed with the timeline instead of a stand

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

yeah actually they will posted:

Yeah... if only there was someone whose stand ability had to do with affecting memories

Daiya with a bunch of little chess pieces with pictures of her dad’s fresh corpse inside

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Add me to the list of people who loved the exposition dump here. This is definitely the most bizarre part of the series so far.

I don’t think the chapter was meant to suggest that Ermes, Enya, or any of the other pictures were rock humans so much as it was just showing women in general. That’s why you’ve got statues included.

As for the references to previous parts I’m not sure if it’s saying the continuities are linked or not, but honestly? I don’t think it is. I think it’s meant to show things made with the “blessings of the earth” that it mentions. My first thought was that the images of the stand arrow and mask were to show that those artifacts also exist in the SBR-verse, but I don’t think that’s quite right.
Since the chapter Araki made about stands back during SBR also mentioned the stone mask, we know he’s explained concepts using both series before. Its possible that similarly, it’s suggesting there were rock humans in the original continuity that had a hand in making the arrow and mask (we never learned who carved the arrow so that would make sense, and rock humans would be able to blend in perfectly with the pillar men’s species as well. In fact, you could even suggest that the pillar men themselves are a form of rock human from that continuity, even if their life cycles don’t seem to line up. They did turn to stone after all.

We know the Devil’s Palms were caused by the meteor hitting the holy corpse, but we also don’t know for sure what the mechanics of it are or any other specifics, only what’s in the legend. The chapter is also vague about whether the places like it and Morioh were outright created by rock humans or if they just used them.

By the way, did we already know that the agent that came to Morioh before was Lucy?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I can’t tell if the translation is spotty or if the original is actually that vague and confusing, so I think I’ll pick up the newest Ultra Jump and let you guys know

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Ok, I bought the latest Ultra Jump on the way home and realized that I was an idiot and reading the translation wrong. When HWMN’s translation said “make places that give rock humans special powers as their homes,” I interpreted it as making a place so they could live there instead of living in those special places (which already existed). I was probably the only one though!

For the record the text is “岩人間に特別の力を与えてくれる特別の場所こそが真の棲み家なのである,” which I believe is translated right but maybe a bit awkwardly phrased in the scans. I would have phrased it as “their true habitat is places that give the rock humans special powers.” So nothing about the Devil’s Palms or Morioh is caused by the rock humans, the rock humans just live around there.

EDIT: Outside of having to look up some vocabulary I’m surprisingly understanding this better than the English translation so far, lol.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 19, 2020

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The timeline reset is different from part 7 and 8. Kars (probably) never existed in this universe.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I was actually thinking of doing my own translation of the chapter for this thread but if someone else did it already then that’s probably overkill.
If you guys have any lines you’re curious about I can check my copy and clear it up!

EDIT: the dogpark translation reads a lot more naturally for the most part but it actually gets several lines completely wrong.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 19, 2020

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hmm... I think I’m gonna go ahead and post my own translation of the chapter here for comparison. I need the practice and I have bilingual Japanese friends who can check anything I’m not 100% sure of for me. I’m aware this will probably piss off scanlators and will probably just be a one time thing.

I won’t scan anything (I don’t want to get fined/arrested/deported) but I’m sure someone could just plug the text into the existing scans.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 20, 2020

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Is it possible that poor tom's death was a result of the calamity

I guess it could be possible since we don’t see where the bullet came from IIRC (I think it was a different direction from the a ambulance), but Poor Tom didn’t actually know which of his allies came for the branch and I think Wonder of U needs the person to want to pursue it/Akefu. He might’ve just gotten sniped by Urban Guerrilla off-screen (unless I’m misremembering and the bullet did come from the ambulance).
For the record, the “head doctor” was definitely onboard (the driver I believe) but we can’t see if it’s Tohru or Akefu.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

Don't Rock humans have super long lifespans, or did my brain just invent that?

They can live up to 240 years. None of the ones we’ve seen so far seem anywhere near that though.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

My favorite forgotten detail of Pucci's disc ability is that compact discs didn’t exist when he first got his stand

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m gonna do it
I’m gonna translate the chapter today probably

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

And lo, Christ did withdraw coolly for three days and three nights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dio means God....... really makes you think