Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Actually found mine a few days ago!

I saw this movie that I was sure was Dr. Seussian. And it was about Halloween. It used to scare the HELL out of me as a kid and my mom would put it on all the time to laugh at me as I hid behind the couch crying. (I love my mom).

https://youtu.be/ygSEkwRCQPM

Halloween is Grinch Night. No one ever believed me that it was real and frightening. I looked for it for nearly 30 years but all I could remember was one of the songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's 33 books in the series but I think this is the one that has those pictures (although I'm not 100% sure)

It's also entirely possible that they just grabbed those few illustrations from some other book

Oh My God. I completely forgot about those books! I had about 5 that I read every morning waiting for the school bus! Now I have a new white whale! I need them all!

Nevermind. Looks like they’re 10-20$ a book. Gonna let this whale get away.

Robokomodo fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 5, 2019

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
There is a rap song that I’m 100% sure that KRS-One was on.

Some of of the lyrics include:

“I’m not a drug rapper, I’m not a thug rapper, I’m the type of rapper to smack yo rear end and snatch your stature” (paraphrasing)
There is a lot of internal rhyming like this throughout the song.

Please help me find this.

I’ve already been to NMD identify a song for me.

No-one replied.

I did not dream this.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I am a pretty big KRS-One fan and this isn't ringing any bells. You sure it's him? I searched some of those lyrics on genius.com and got nothing with KRS-One on it. If you are convinced it is him, for the lyrics to not be on genius.com it probably means the song was a freestyle which might make it easier for you to narrow down on Youtube.

I’m positive it was KRS. At this point I’m just gonna have to relisten to his discography. I have it somewhere on a flash drive.

This song is real, unless I dreamt it. In that case I’m gonna write me a rap song.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

kerimeton posted:

A drink from the 90's that was called Izze or Itty and was a sort of electrolyte drink, but sweeter. It must have been discontinued. I can't find it on google, but I know it's real because my siblings remember it too.

This stuff? They sell it at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I have been looking for a suitable replacement for the ultimate bag o' chips

Sadly, nothing has compared. The only substitute I fall back on is Pringles pizza flavor chips, but 95% of the time the chips have a tiny smear of pizza flavor dust on them. Pizzeria chips were loving COATED in delicious artificial flavor.

Whoa. That’s a blast from the past. I loved these. I forgot all about them! I can taste them right now.