Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Cocoa Crispies posted:

2019 Dodge Charger GT, national exec aisle, Dulles

The fuckers at Dodge put a GT badge on a V6. It’s fine. I didn’t hate the automatic and it sounded interestingly different from the V6 Mustang I’m used to.

GT is the AWD model. Which can and does come with the V6. I think it's available with the hemi, but what loving rental service is gonna order that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Previa_fun posted:

The Knob owns. I have a 2015 Mazda 6 with the older style infotainment and the biggest thing keeping me from throwing in an aftermarket head unit is I don't want to lose functionality of The Knob. All hail The Knob.

On topic: Receiving a 2018 CX-9 Signature as a loaner is what made me want to upgrade from my 2011 Mazda 3. Mazda interiors have come a long long way and they're in my opinion leagues better than Honda/Toyota/Subaru and especially Nissan.

I've got a '15 6 as well and I love the knob. Whenever I drive my wife's '14 CX-5 I reach for it and get aggravated when all I get is cupholder.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

morothar posted:

Picked up a Mazda 3 AWD Turbo in Newark this week. I was briefly contemplating if a Mazda 3 would make a good 2nd family vehicle, so the opportunity to drive it for a week was a treat.

In short, it’s about a 7.5/10? Would recommend, but I suspect a Golf GTI may be a more well-rounded offering. More of a warm than hot hatch, but fun enough to drive.

The Mazda 3 is quick, but not fast. Compared to our ID4, it’s… kinda slow, but that’s EVs for you. Significant turbo lag from a stop - you smash the go pedal and it takes a full second for the car to move. The gearbox is unobtrusive; a Porsche PDK / VW Doppelkupplung it ain’t.
Hugs the road well, but kind of soft. Definitely tuned for comfort. I was surprised that it weighs in at 3,300 lbs, because it feels lighter.

Interior is upmarket, with a e.g. soft-touch middle console. It’s also snug, but I love when a car hugs me as a driver and you sit “in” the car. Rear doors are on the small side, and I’ve had some passengers complain about ingress and egress. The trunk is adequate with a narrow opening.

Would drive again.

Sedan I assume? I've been considering the hatch for when it's time to replace my 6. Your impression seems to match pretty much what I've heard/read elsewhere. "Warm" but not "hot", "sporty" but still a bit soft, quick but not exactly aggressive. I could definitely live with that as a DD.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

morothar posted:

No, it was the hatch alright. In some kind of baby diarrhea color.

Design-wise, I think it looks way better than the sedan, or the golf.

Ah, cool. "Trunk" threw me off. Sounds like it may have been their new 'Zircon Sand' color. Haven't seen it in person, but I kinda dig it based on the website.