Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello welcome to week 2 of AEW on TNT.

Tonight card.

FIRST ROUND OF THE TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT: Young bucks against Private Party

WINNER FACES JERICHO NEXT WEEK FOR THE AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: Darby Allen vs Jimmy Havoc

JON MOXLEY FIRST TV MATCH SINCE LEAVING THE WWE

EMI SAKURA DEBUT ON TNT

AFTER LAST WEEK ACTIONS DUSTY AND HANGMAN WILL FACE JERICHO AND SAMMY GUEVARA

A pretty loving stacked card if you ask me.

Enjoy the show and post your favorite AEW on TNT moments itt

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I love Emi Sakura and am glad she is going to be on the televisions of many Americans

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Jimmy Havoc looks like he's ripping a dirty fart in that match pic.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I know this is not supposed to be novel, but it really is nice knowing the full card for a night of TV coming into it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I hope Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta are on my television tonight.

I might have to start watching old Taylor and Gargano promos just to survive.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm watching AEW Dynamite right now, and it's good

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I know this is not supposed to be novel, but it really is nice knowing the full card for a night of TV coming into it.

Yeah. I like knowing what to expect and speculating on match outcomes. Ideally I'd also want to know match order, at least for PPVs and big shows.

I also enjoy the lack of formulaic "15-minute promo sets up unscheduled main event" that's plagued TV wrestling for the last 20 years.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just hope we get more ring-side interviews.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Kaveman posted:

Jimmy Havoc looks like he's ripping a dirty fart in that match pic.

Knowing Jimmy, that's entirely possible. I'm guessing he wins here so they can continue building Darby up while Jimmy eats a loss to Jericho. Never in my life did I think I'd see either of them vs. Chris Jericho, so I'm happy no matter which one wins..

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
WHERE IS CUCK TAYLOR?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I hope for the womens match riho is on commentary and speaks only Japanese

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I hope for the womens match riho is on commentary and speaks only Japanese

???
So you want a two-on-one murder of Britt Baker?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

CombineThresher posted:

Knowing Jimmy, that's entirely possible. I'm guessing he wins here so they can continue building Darby up while Jimmy eats a loss to Jericho. Never in my life did I think I'd see either of them vs. Chris Jericho, so I'm happy no matter which one wins..

can you tell us more about how you know about Jimmy Havoc's farting life

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

karmicknight posted:

???
So you want a two-on-one murder of Britt Baker?

Ah poo poo shes in the match i just realized. They should do it another time though

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is stupid as hell

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1182024145355333632

Better look up your truTV because there's no loving way a playoff baseball game is ending in less than 3 hours

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Drew McIntyre posted:

can you tell us more about how you know about Jimmy Havoc's farting life

I only have his interviews with Alicia Atout and CVV to go by, but farting during a promo photo shoot seems very much in character for him. Plus he's English and farts are like 90% of their sense of humor.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Baseball is the new top heel of AEW

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
AEW really is the RAW of this Wednesday Night War, getting pre-empted by a dog show nobody cares about.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought the Wednesday timeslot was to avoid getting pre-empted for sports?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I want Orange Cassidy on TV

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

I thought the Wednesday timeslot was to avoid getting pre-empted for sports?

It's playoffs, everything gets pre-empted for sports

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Baseball is for perverts

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i'm going to see mister america tonight so i'm going to miss about half of the show but i'm very excited to watch more good wrestling on tv

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

coconono posted:

Baseball is for perverts

But I don't like baseball

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Benne posted:

This is stupid as hell

Better look up your truTV because there's no loving way a playoff baseball game is ending in less than 3 hours

it'll end up being one of those 18 inning games just to really rub it in.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm badly pissed off that baseball killed the wednesday night wars. they will never get that audience back. everyone will think aew was an event instead of a weekly show. they are only going to have 200,000 viewers weekly after this. huge gently caress-up. I'm frustrated beyond belief. they should sue TNT for destroying the brand. i want to kill someone figuratively

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

It's playoffs, everything gets pre-empted for sports

I remember as a kid how pissed Id get when Baseball would preempt the simpsons.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

This is like the one time living on the west coast has benefitted me personally TV-wise since I moved out here.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

if you got sling blue just to watch dynamite like i did, i checked, trutv is included as well

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Benne posted:

This is stupid as hell

the feeling you get during the first weekend of the ncaa basketball tournament

that reminds me, what happens in april/may when it's nba playoff time, that's like a tnt staple

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

for some reason i had it in my head that Darby/Havoc was next week and the title match was later, so this loving rules.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

the feeling you get during the first weekend of the ncaa basketball tournament

that reminds me, what happens in april/may when it's nba playoff time, that's like a tnt staple

they only have broadcast rights to games on tuesdays and some thursdays

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Baseball is quite possibly one of the most boring sports in human history imo and I'm legit shocked people still watch it.

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
truTV plays things that aren't pawn stars and WORLDS DUMBEST FARTS PART 54?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they only have broadcast rights to games on tuesdays and some thursdays

i know, but come playoff time they're on most nights

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TNT did broadcast Wednesday night playoff games last season, so theyll probably end up making some sort of arrangement.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Baseball is quite possibly one of the most boring sports in human history imo and I'm legit shocked people still watch it.
When talking about baseball, a buddy of mine said, "you're gonna' win 50 games, and you're gonna' lose 50 games, but it's the third 50 that matter." To which I responded, "I think I misunderstood you, because the way I heard it, that makes 150 games." "More," he replied.

There are over 150 games each team plays every season. Who is watching this?

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
You guys do realize the entire point of baseball is to watch it while drinking right

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

OpenSourceBurger posted:

You guys do realize the entire point of baseball is to watch it while drinking right

You know you can do that with literally any show/sport, even AEW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

LividLiquid posted:

There are over 150 games each team plays every season. Who is watching this?

When you lay it all out like that, it is hilarious the play 162 games and then have to win a play-in game to be the last team in the playoffs.