Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz posted:

Guilly is incompetent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-160/chapter/41914?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020338

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Everyone in this manga is so loving dumb, I love it

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Namnesor posted:

Everyone in this manga is so loving dumb, I love it

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This non stop barrage of idiocy of the highest quality is just what I needed right now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:sickos:

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

i hope that at some point we get to see someone get the upper hand fighting yoru by complimenting asa

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
precious little dumdums

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The eyepatch guy is legit one of the most competent Public Safety members we saw so far in Part 2. He both knows when to hightail it and is able to when facing against a Katana Hybrid,a Fiend and Two Horse(wo)men. :v:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

My god. Power really was the smart one.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Who worked that phrase better, Katana or Yoru?

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Yoru, as expected of Chainsaw Man’s woman

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well one is an insane violent sociopath with no concept of right and wrong who holds petty grudges and seeks to make the world a worse place and the other is Yoru

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

From page one this chapter is already killing me

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

oh my god, Katana mentions that a book of poetry she wrote is going for sale next month. did she put Sentimental Drive in it

Whirling fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 26, 2024

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

My god. Power really was the smart one.

Denji is now the smartest character in the manga by process of elimination. It's horrifying.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/winonaparadise/status/1574799042156134400

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I loving love this one tiny panel

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hey, hey. you got to kill those kids. hey, kill em. kill em kids.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I dont know if Katana can ever get over hating Chainsaw Man but lowkey I want this incredibly stupid hero party to form

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The plot will go extremely off the rails when the Truck Devil hits all of them, sending them to a generic RPG fantasy world where they have to team up to survive.

The rest of the cast will be just slightly off versions of existing characters, such as the mysterious witch Amikam and the noble queen Powerell.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ImpAtom posted:

The plot will go extremely off the rails when the Truck Devil hits all of them, sending them to a generic RPG fantasy world where they have to team up to survive.

The rest of the cast will be just slightly off versions of existing characters, such as the mysterious witch Amikam and the noble queen Prime Minister Powerell.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

I dont know if Katana can ever get over hating Chainsaw Man but lowkey I want this incredibly stupid hero party to form

Don't forget he's Samurai now, which feels very self-aggrandizing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ImpAtom posted:

The rest of the cast will be just slightly off versions of existing characters, such as the mysterious witch Amikam and the noble queen Powerell.

This is how devils get to Hell and Earth. They think they're hearing chainsaws, but it's just Truck Devil's engine before moment of impact.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I have always loved you Katana Man

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Meanwhile, Denji gets out on his own and meets Reze again. As Denji neither knows nor cares about the Death Devil thing, they decide to just go bowling.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

:cawg:

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Jerkface posted:

he clearly has a crush, maybe he convinces himself he's going to ruin denji emotionally instead

mixed up sword guy and katana guy for a second, do not want the above to happen anymore

stuker fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 26, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

He was always Samurai. Samurai Sword was the only nickname he has had in universe.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

No, I refuse to call him "Samurai Sword". Ever. I don't care if that's what the official translation calls him; his REAL name is Katana Man now and forever.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

chiasaur11 posted:

Meanwhile, Denji gets out on his own and meets Reze again. As Denji neither knows nor cares about the Death Devil thing, they decide to just go bowling.

Oh no the Reze copium is leaking into this thread too.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Just want Denji's first words to him to be to ask about his balls.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Oh no the Reze copium is leaking into this thread too.
Looping the first 1/3rd of the Reze movie forever and never engaging with any more Chainsaw Man

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

He was always Samurai. Samurai Sword was the only nickname he has had in universe.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, I refuse to call him "Samurai Sword". Ever. I don't care if that's what the official translation calls him; his REAL name is Katana Man now and forever.

I thought he was Katana Man up until now, did I gaslight myself?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I thought he was Katana Man up until now, did I gaslight myself?

In the English translation and in merchandise he's called "Samurai Sword" because that's his 'official' name, but that name is so incredibly stupid sounding that everyone outside of the translation and marketing teams calls him Katana Man instead because that name doesn't completely suck.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

In the English translation and in merchandise he's called "Samurai Sword" because that's his 'official' name, but that name is so incredibly stupid sounding that everyone outside of the translation and marketing teams calls him Katana Man instead because that name doesn't completely suck.

On one hand I don't think I've literally ever called him Samurai Sword even once, and on the other hand it just fits so well that his in-universe nickname is incredibly stupid and lame that I hope it never changes, since it really rubs in how much of a loser he is that the title he has to live with sounds like an idea from a middle schooler.

Addendum: "Samurai Sword" is so incredibly cringey and pathetic that I have to assume it's an in-universe joke at his expense that Katana Man is too dumb to realize.

lightrook fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 26, 2024

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

lightrook posted:

On one hand I don't think I've literally ever called him Samurai Sword even once, and on the other hand it just fits so well that his in-universe nickname is incredibly stupid and lame that I hope it never changes, since it really rubs in how much of a loser he is that the title he has to live with sounds like an idea from a middle schooler.

You should continue not calling him Samurai Sword because that name is so lame it causes physical pain to say it out loud, but yeah Katana Man is indeed lame enough in personality that he deserves for that to be his official name. Honestly, Katana Man is lame enough that he probably loves that stupid name because he's so delusional about honor and the nobility of organized crime.