Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Scholtz posted:

Guilly is incompetent

Sounds like something someone who might have too many heads would say. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Guilly is compassionate like her namesake. How you gonna fight with no weapon and no clothes?! Huh?! IDIOT.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Lt. Lizard posted:

Wait, I just realized. Does that mean that Kobeni got arrested as a terrorist? :allears:

If she did her brother wouldn't know. Public Safety told her family she died and/or went missing

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Everyone in the manga is extremely loving competent at a small handful of specifics things and absolutely incompetent at everything else. Makima and Kishibe might be the biggest exceptions.

Aki seemed to be pretty decent at both Devil Hunting and life in general. I'd definitely put him above Kishibe, who's basically great at Devil hunting and an alcoholic mess of depression in his personal life, even before he just ditched and left Denji to raise a kid. I mean, Aki had friends!

Actually, I'd say Denji's pretty solid all around. He's a complete monster when it comes to throwing down, he's able to balance the books, he's a fast learner (passing grades in school despite being mostly illiterate a year and a half ago!), he's raising Nayuta well, and he's a shockingly good date.

Unfortunately, circumstances and others have conspired against him, so that his romantic life is the pits, he lost his hobby, his homelife was ruined, and now he's being used for human experimentation. Poor guy.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

The Guillotine Demon turns their opponents into sans-culottes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Aki seemed to be pretty decent at both Devil Hunting and life in general. I'd definitely put him above Kishibe, who's basically great at Devil hunting and an alcoholic mess of depression in his personal life, even before he just ditched and left Denji to raise a kid. I mean, Aki had friends!

Actually, I'd say Denji's pretty solid all around. He's a complete monster when it comes to throwing down, he's able to balance the books, he's a fast learner (passing grades in school despite being mostly illiterate a year and a half ago!), he's raising Nayuta well, and he's a shockingly good date.

Unfortunately, circumstances and others have conspired against him, so that his romantic life is the pits, he lost his hobby, his homelife was ruined, and now he's being used for human experimentation. Poor guy.

Aki was pretty terrible at life. He started to get better when Denji and Power came into the picture but he was also the guy who was perfectly willing to toss away years of his life on a quest for revenge and was down to like... what, 2 years left to live before he got taken out earlier? Like he *was* getting better, genuinely, and the fact that he was tragically lead to Makima deciding it was time to force the contract on him.

Denji is, I agree, on the higher end but he's still enough of a mess in some areas. (And, uh, hasn't been doing the best lately on his own merits even beyond people loving with him. )

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ImpAtom posted:

Everyone in the manga is extremely loving competent at a small handful of specifics things and absolutely incompetent at everything else. Makima and Kishibe might be the biggest exceptions.

Kishibe seems to be pretty terrible at everything that isn't his job

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nuebot posted:

Kishibe seems to be pretty terrible at everything that isn't his job

If the theories about Yoshida being Kishibe's son are true (they are, Fujimoto draws young Kishibe exactly like Yoshida) then Kishibe clears the very low bar of being one of the better fathers shown in the story by virtue of never having tried to directly kill his kid. So that's another accomplishment.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If the theories about Yoshida being Kishibe's son are true (they are, Fujimoto draws young Kishibe exactly like Yoshida)

what in the world

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Aki was pretty terrible at life. He started to get better when Denji and Power came into the picture but he was also the guy who was perfectly willing to toss away years of his life on a quest for revenge and was down to like... what, 2 years left to live before he got taken out earlier? Like he *was* getting better, genuinely, and the fact that he was tragically lead to Makima deciding it was time to force the contract on him.

Denji is, I agree, on the higher end but he's still enough of a mess in some areas. (And, uh, hasn't been doing the best lately on his own merits even beyond people loving with him. )

Aki was throwing his life away, but he had an apartment in good shape, he had solid friendships with people from work he regularly went out drinking with, he had his finances under control, and he was still kind and empathetic despite his time as a pro. (Which he'd survived for three years. I know it doesn't seem that long given how we spend most of our time with the survivors, but one year is a remarkable veteran.)

Aki is tragic, but he's tragic partially because, if he'd just walk away, he could have done well, unlike Kishibe or Yoshida, who clearly don't have the first idea what to do with a normal life.

(And people have been loving up Denji's life so much that I don't feel like he's got much blame for anything going wrong lately.)

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Regalingualius posted:

On the contrary, Gully is scarily competent, considering they managed to easily slice up guns yet didn’t leave a scratch on the people holding them

I have this thought that Fami's unintended summoning restriction on Gully makes it so Gully cannot cut humans/living creatures.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Flair posted:

I have this thought that Fami's unintended summoning restriction on Gully makes it so Gully cannot cut humans/living creatures.

Imagine if this winds up being the setup for the longest delay ever before they’re sliced to shreds.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Flair posted:

Except that Fami doesn't seem to have thought that would be a problem. Instead, she complains about Gully not following orders. And then Gully refuses to shut up when told to do that, so it's not just a single incident.

Just more of the whole "Fami is trying to play Makima, is not actually good at it" thing in play.

(Meanwhile, the Control Devil has had a lot of scenes showing she's still got it. It's just Nayuta has the happy life Makima wanted, so there's no need to go full out. However, with that life just blown up, and her only remaining family taken by the government... well. She seems to still be alive from Asa not showing a sign of her memories back. Which means I quote Machievelli.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

If Nayuta thinks she has to go to the old playbook, I can't imagine things going well for anyone involved.)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

limp dick calvin posted:

what in the world

Kishibe and Yoshida also wear the same earrings.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Hmmm, why would a Guillotine Devil not obediently follow orders of its Lord and Master...... :iiam:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

If the theories about Yoshida being Kishibe's son are true (they are, Fujimoto draws young Kishibe exactly like Yoshida) then Kishibe clears the very low bar of being one of the better fathers shown in the story by virtue of never having tried to directly kill his kid. So that's another accomplishment.

On the other hand: he raised Yoshida.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

On the other hand: he raised Yoshida.

yeah there are pluses and minuses here. nepotism isn't exactly a great idea

would make sense that Yoshida was so well trained and recruited for a large scale mission, international assassins, while still in high school

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
What if Yoshida's just a Kishibe fanboy.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's Fujimoto so it can't just be that he's Kishibe's son. Watch him just be young Kishibe somehow.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

broke: yoshida looks like young kishibe just because

woke: yoshida looks like young kishibe because he is kishibe's son

bespoke: yoshida looks like young kishibe not to illustrate things about yoshida's character, but to suggest that kishibe used to be an enormous dumbass. just an absolute dipshit

Valentin fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 16, 2024

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Valentin posted:

broke: yoshida looks like young kishibe just because

woke: yoshida looks like young kishibe because he is kishibe's son

bespoke: yoshida looks like young kishibe not to illustrate things about yoshida's character, but to suggest that kishibe used to be an enormous dumbass. just an absolute dipshit

used to be? Kishibe is basically a murder hobo that happens to have a job. he's absolutely a dumbass but a fight-man savant

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/iing_naoe/status/1768839153054318837

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
falling... my love... please come back to the series

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ImpAtom posted:

Quanxi has like four girlfriends, and was smart enough not to try and face down Makima (not that it helped)

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

quanxi had four girlfriends and hosed up so bad she got all of them killed by the exact woman she was trying not to piss off and she ended up in part 2 as a public safety automaton after the whole "get back on your leash and be a quiet dog" deal. she is doing a lot but she is decidedly not girlbossing it

Valentin fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 17, 2024

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if quanxi was smart she never would have returned to japan. she knew makima was there!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Valentin posted:

quanxi had four girlfriends and hosed up so bad she got all of them killed by the exact woman she was trying not to piss off and she ended up in part 2 as a public safety automaton after the whole "get back on your leash and be a quiet dog" deal. she is doing a lot but she is decidedly not girlbossing it

She also gave Denji the worst advice of his life, leading directly to the deaths of all three of the people he cared most about!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvgnce_7lik

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Thats insanely well done animation, nice

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is just genuinely charming animation even divorced from the context, hot drat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really hope meowy is okay

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Don't worry, Meowy only faked her death for the insurance money.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Don't worry, Meowy only faked her death for the insurance money.

I'm still going with "Meowy led the dogs to safety and literally no one knows"

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Nuebot posted:

I will choose to believe this regardless of any evidence. This loving happened.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nuebot posted:

this would absolutely be free money for fujimoto if they want to write a side story of meowy escaping with the dogs and going on an adventure

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

this would absolutely be free money for fujimoto if they want to write a side story of meowy escaping with the dogs and going on an adventure

Fujimoto had Power get crippling PTSD in the same chapter she won the popularity poll. He killed her not that much later. He killed Angel when his editor said that people would want him to survive.

Telling Fujimoto what you love is like giving him a hit list.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

chiasaur11 posted:

Fujimoto had Power get crippling PTSD in the same chapter she won the popularity poll. He killed her not that much later. He killed Angel when his editor said that people would want him to survive.

No the editor one is even funnier because he asked them to choose between Angel or Kobeni ,the editor picked Angel & he let Kobeni live

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Das Boo posted:

I will choose to believe this regardless of any evidence. This loving happened.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

But

chiasaur11 posted:

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

SirKibbles posted:

No the editor one is even funnier because he asked them to choose between Angel or Kobeni ,the editor picked Angel & he let Kobeni live

that's very funny.