Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Mulderman posted:

I love the fingersnap sending a lit fuse towards someone. Such a cool idea.

Dynamite with a laser beam, guaranteed to blow your mind, anytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Lurking Haro posted:

Devil ManMan Devil

And who the gently caress is afraid of angels?

In scripture, most appearances of angels to humans begin with the angel declaring "BE NOT AFRAID".

... Then again classic angel depictions were eldritch beings of wings, flames, eyes, and wheels, occasionally beast faces. "Human with wings" is a cop-out.

Do an image search for old testament angels, poo poo gets weird. There's a reason why the game Bayonetta's angel enemies look the way they do.

The fact that the Angel Devil drains lifespan with a touch also could be peoples depiction of the Angel of Death, aka the Christian Grim Reaper, who comes to you in your final hour.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

They really hate that flavor, apparently. Remember Katana?

"What the hell did you just make me ea-:gibs:"

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

God, Denji is just so loving stupid, and I love him

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Jesus christ what is her deal?

e: new chapter just posted last page

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I lost the ability to take the Darkness Devil seriously when I saw a comment that its stance reminded them of Carl from ATHF
e:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

I'm still surprised no one commented on how the Darkness devil used a groin based arm to pick up the doll dude.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Wark Say posted:

Also, kinda insane just how powerful hybrids really are. Like we were told that Primordial Devils are nothing to gently caress with and Santa Claus was being powered by a primordial one, and she still loving got curb-stomped by some crazy kid in 2 chapters.

Denji is too dumb to feel fear which probably didn't hurt, and Chainsaw is apparently the anti-Devil Devil, so that's probably a bit more skewed than, say, Katana or Projectile would have/did perform.

Reze probably could have pulled it off.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

I’m very excited for when Kishibe finally makes his move on Makima (we know he’s planning to and tried recruiting Quanxi) and gets horribly killed. But I think he’ll do well. Maybe recruit the devil hunter who helped against Quanxi

I imagine he's gonna get got in this upcoming mission when Makima has Denji go full DOOM

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

If you think about it, the beginning of tribes and proto-civilization would begat Authority and thus Domination, so while not Primal, Makima's definitely antediluvian

e: a thought: I wonder if Makima is the source/origin of the Devil Contract system to begin with?

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 25, 2020

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

The first chainsaws were used to chop down Californian redwoods in 1905. Denji is the Artificial Climate Change Devil.

Also, I feel we should be paying more attention to the fact that the most important person in the world to a guy with serious blood-loss issues is the Blood Devil. Power is going to end up as Denji's circulatory system.

So the blood perpetual motion machine that was prototyped against the Eternity Devil will achieve it's true form?

Their dream of winning the nobel prize will finally be achieved :allears:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

So the world's most powerful non-primal fear is femdom.

Cool

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Am I the only one who started laughing when I saw what was behind the door?

I mean it makes sense but at the same time is so absurd that all I can do is laugh.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The future is bark!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Denji realized he was resting his head on Makima's chest.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I'm glad Denji and Makima finally got to bang :v:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Million Ghosts posted:

did i miss something? why are all the spec ops dudes suddenly dead when Denji pulls his cord?

I mean generally shooting Makima has never ended well for whoever is performing the deed.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I can't believe the Chainsaw Devil is a Holocaust Denier

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Thoren posted:

Wait what happens if he eats the future devil?

I think we get (Jojo Part 6 spoiler)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The Future Is...

Well, it has potential...

Did not expect this manga to make the fulfillment of the prophecy that Denji would *actually* kill Power to be so heartfelt

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 30, 2020

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1335790047333933058

Fujimotowns

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The conversation with Pochita adds an extra little layer to the end of chapter 1 when Chainsaw Denji meets Makima and his first words, ignoring her order, are 'Hold me' :3:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

And here I thought alongside the chains it was a reference to the Flesh Halo.

But either way, good lord the entire OP is basically MAPPA going "Hey DavidPro, you like to foreshadow in your JoJo OPs? Check this poo poo out!"

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Bucky empowered by some Gun Devil shards would turn into the kind of chicken that chicken farmers know: vicious little proto velociraptor bullies

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

My one wish for the next chapter is for Kobeni to walk out of a janitor's closet, look around, and just start howling.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Ragnar34 posted:

https://twitter.com/lem00001/status/1604983662373523456

Makima was trending on twitter and this came up.

Kojima retweeted it :lmao:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Flair posted:

If only Denji ate the Eternity Devil the first time instead of just killing. That being said, if "eternity" was removed from the universe, what would change? Nothing lasts forever to begin with.

Super Mario 64 speedruns wouldn't need to glitch out that staircase at the end

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

boz posted:

I want to see the Mariana Trench devil

I think that's just Darkness with a snorkel in one of its screaming human faces' mouths.

All the severed astronauts are now in SCUBA gear

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

It was cause he didn’t want to see Quanxi die

Guy was still sentimental for her

Yeah, one of the last things Kishibe wants to see is Makima getting Quanxi head

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

Kishibe had a ton of resources at his disposal in his attempt to take out Makima, like a whole platoon of SWAT and a couple devil hunters who sacrificed themselves to contract with the Hell devil.

If that operation wasn't actually government sanctioned, then that means a significant faction went rogue- and ultimately won.

So either Kishibe just led an effective coup, or the gov't realized Makima was slipping her chain.

(also you could certainly argue that the American president dropped a WMD on Japan, which, hmm)

I feel like Makima drawing in/subduing the Gun Devil for Japan and then immediately destroying it to crank up the angst factor on her pet himbo might have soured her position.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Baron La Croix posted:

I was trying to figure out where the name Crambon comes from, and I'm pretty sure I've got it.
Kenji Miyazawa's children's story The Wild Pear features two crabs discussing something or someone called "clambon/crambon".
Whatever it is, it's dead at the bottom of the river.

It's a strange and lovely little story.

Either that or he's a fan of Tom and Jerry which would also kinda work with a cat getting messed up

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Moon Devil?!?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

Chainsaw Man(ga): Bdroom?

We may have found it.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Donkringel posted:

At first I thought Public Safety Stalker was terrible at her job.

She is giving all the details away on purpose isn't she? All of her fuckups benefit Denji in some way. She gave him an acceptable outlet for his issues by allowing Denji to beat all those men to death. She makes security mistakes that let Denji know how closely he is being watched. If she doesn't get Merced soon I think she will be a long time favorite.

She's the polar opposite of octo-boy lmao, secret competence instead of a secret fuckup

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

It's clearly the 'Fear Of Smashing Your Hand While Hammering In A Nail' Devil, look how concerned they are about the state of the students' hands

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

As the final boss of the hit N64 game Mischief Makers said: "Though fire, justice is served!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

The -ita in Pochita implies there is a bigger one.

El Pocho