Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Whoever said the change Devil is also a good guess considering the proceeding scene. Also sort of fits the story so far and could be construed as chaos or randomness.

Or the fear of the happening by m night shamalan Devil

This is also my theory, I think change definitely counts as a primal fear.

New and different things/events have always been scary for people due to how unpredictable they are-- the promotion might earn you more money, but what about long hours or more expectations? What if you can't hack it and get fired immediately? A new car would be cool, but what if it just costs you more in the long run? What if you wind up wishing things were the way they were before?

And the death tie-in -- death is both the ultimate change in life states and also completely permanent once it happens. No more scary change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Did you teleport?! :lol:

Part of me is wondering if that's just a joke, the other part is thinking it might be that some shapeshifter/other devil nonsense has been going on and this is a clue.

And the best part is that it could be either.

Edit: Also I hope it's not because I want to meet the other weapon people so bad dammit Denji join the church for real

Parasol Prophet fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 15, 2023

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Scallop Eyes posted:

Denji being ultra fast if it can get him laid makes a lot of sense, and him trying to act cool after just makes it even funnier

Nah, the more I think about it the more I think shenanigans are afoot.

Like, we've seen him take off at the prospect of affection, back in the hotel arc. We did not see him go from being a chair to waiting casually at least two flights downstairs from the same door Sword Guy just walked through, which he presumably would've had to go through also.

Unless the next chapter opens up with "Yeah, there's another door to the roof" or a shot of the top-floor window he swung/crashed through to get there first (which it could), that's not actually Denji. I'll call it here.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Cephas posted:

Denji has plenty of good qualities

-obedient
-extremely stable core

- impervious to honeytra-- wait, never mind

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Well okay there you have it. Amazing

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Well I for one appreciated the Power vs Asa essay.

I am still very curious if Power/the Blood Devil will ever come back and what they'll be like if so.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I was going to say Makima probably gave them names, but... now that I think of it, maybe she wouldn't have.

So I'm going to say no, they aren't. They only have the names we give them in our hearts.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Snooze Cruise posted:

i mean cannibalism/being-eaten is right there and has been a major cultural fear since the beginning of humanity. if they have to be anything other than chainsaws i don't see why it wouldn't just be that, instead of something abstract like forgetting. chainsaws are a weapon made of teeth.

e: one aspect with the whole fear of being eaten is it can really, well disturb your remains. so often there is an element of not only are you dead, but you can't be lay properly to rest. its not difficult to connect this with how chainsawman's eating works.

I was dismissive until you said chainsaws have teeth, because that's both clever in an abstract way and also kind of funny (and as mentioned elsewhere, there's a cinematic connection so that just makes it more likely).

Of course with all these good guesses, I'm sure this is a Falling Devil type situation and it'll turn out to be bees or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Ah yes, my old enemy Sam Uraisword.