Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Great first post OP. I always appreciate effort posts

Bomb Devil's design rules extremely hard. Thank goodness for beam. I really like that her Grenade Pin necklace has been there from the start, really neat foreshadowing.

e: Nice shoutout to the viz archive but imo also worht putting in it's onl 1.99 a month to read those series in full in every country except china and JP. not just the free chaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aki is my boy and goddamn it's going to be bad when he dies :saddowns: He's simply to pure and good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Elfface posted:

Nah, he's actually really weak because whenever he does anything it gets blamed on other devils, like Succubus Devil and Slender Man Devil.

Was just thinking this lol. Every time I hear sleep paralysis invoked it's "Okay I know what sleep paralysis is and I know how many ghost stories are just that but *goes on to describe a textbook example of sleep paralysis* you can't explain that!"

Amazing chapter. God I am so stressed for Aki all the time, he's too pure for this world. Wonder if in anyway he'll rub off on Angel. I am assuming Bomb is like Sword and Chainsaw and Reze is the real danger rather than the Bomb Devil. Like she's in the driver seat.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

It's a shame all that information about the Fox Devil not working on humans that can go devil wasn't spread around but what can you do?

Lol ya, they've been badly owned twice now by successfully eating an enemy only for Kon to be like gently caress this. Please be safe Aki.

Wonderful chapter, the Bomb Devil rules. Maybe we'll see Angel fight :mrgw:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol true but I guess they've more mythology about fox demons in Japan right? Regardless they need to stop relying on this mf.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Violence Devil making all the right moves

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I really want Kobeni to say she's quitting tomorrow everytime she appears, even/especially if she continues to be in the manga for an extended time. Hell, I don't want her to die exclusively because I find it to be a great reoccurring joke.

She's an interesting one because she's cowardly (in perspective of the others) but is clearly strong like when she kinda sonned the snake lady

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't think Denji is definitively defeating Bomb her by any stretch. She's not like Sword her power is much more established and practiced. Sword was as new to things as Denji

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aki has the same expression as when I do when I slap the dog to get off the couch

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ye power is a fiend which is a devil that takes over a corpse not whatever Denji the Sword guy and Reze are. Fiends have horns etc. so that's why I think Reze isn't one passing for human. Aki said they have weird shaped heads and the two we've seen are power with her horns and the dude with bug mandibles. Power was a blood devil rather than the as people said

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Million Ghosts posted:

the series hasn't done a great job explaining the distinctions between someone like Denji vs someone like Power or Beam. it seems like if you have a "form" you can turn on you're one thing, and if you have some kind of always there physical characteristic like the horns or sharkface, you're another. i guess Denji and Pochita were both corpses when their thing happened, compared to Pochita stealing Denji's body.

the primary difference is that denji is still his human self and power is a devil in a human body so has none of the original human in her. it also sounds like they are a distinct thing from being a devil anymore so imagine we;ll get more differentiation

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah. Denji's a human with a devil's heart, while Power is a devil in a human corpse. Symbiosis vs parasitism and all that.

So far, it seems like Devil human hybrids are as strong as or stronger than their initial forms, while Fiends are weaker.

yeds that is my reading of it too. Though on the latter I will have to reread and if we get an explanation of how it happens. If e did I can't recall and if we did not it's definitely curious why the devil does it or how it happens to them unwillingly

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Beam agreeing that Dennis is correct towards the end was great

This is still an Aki make our account though. Characters fighting with a two second prediction ability always owns so much

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Latter.

Whatever mechanism the Curse Demon uses to take life, the Angel Demon does the same thing. So, Aki just lost 2 months of his remaining 24.

Meanwhile, Denji's too stupid to die.

Didn't they say that Aki's cursed sword was one of the ones created by the Angel Demon? COuld be misrememebring, really need to reread.

Another perfect Aki chapter, glad to know he will live longand happily namaste

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aki and Denji neck and neck for purest boys. Also about Aki's weapon this is what I was thinking of

Is there a different chapter where they talk about aki's weapon coming from a different demon? This could just be a new sword then hence my mistkae

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That makes sense. I’d figured they meant his old sword at the time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hiro Protagonist posted:

One of my favorite things about this manga is how loving blatant Makima's abuse of Denji is. I've seen so many series, both Western and Japanese, that have characters like her that they try to justify or argue that the characters really DO care about the people they're horrifically abusing psychologically. Chainsaw Man completely acknowledges the monstrous nature of their relationship, and she seems like more of the villain than the Gun Devil at this point. Even if the series tried to humanize her in the future, I think it would be hard for even the densest person to consider her "good" or "right".

Well the gun devil has killed millions so hrm not sure about this op

Bomb being owned easily enough here is fine by me because Fujimoto showed us a few times including Denji vs Bomb that stopping them pulling their pin really fucks them.

Angel protecting my delicate Prince Aki :kimchi:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rereading from the start over Christmas holidays and for Pochita's introduction I had forgotten he shows up hurt. Look like bullet wounds to me.

e:

Also I'm pretty sure this is the future Sword Devil

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 27, 2019

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think the only time it failed is with Makima but every time I expect the victim to get up in the background and be like “drat that hurt”

I really liked the pull back revealing Denji and a power weren’t alone

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mindblast posted:

Ugh when will I be able to buy the jump vault sub in europe. I want to read this legit! :mad:

I thought the vault was available everywhere but China and Japan or is that only latest chapters? It’s available in UK and I at least

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Latest chapters def available globally on manga plus or viz so if you be bold and catch up that’s acceptable imo cos you can be legal after that

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Violence Devil is an obvious liar and you suckers are the sort of people who would take off his mask.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mindblast posted:

Uk is the exception. Most of europe doesn't have access it seems.

What about manga plus?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay cool. That sucks for sure but at least people once caught up can follow the noble path. Hopefully archive is made global soon

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

He's a freelance devil hunter who Makima hired for this job. We've seen him in this arc before, but this is the first time he's done something notable.

Ahhh ty

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hell yes to this dude going in for round 2 with Quanxi, he’s the lad who Makima brought in before right and who hosed some of the shape shifters?

Also smart move by her throwing Kishibe out the window imo, rather than actually try to beat him which I assume would be hard and take time just end the fight.

Really curious to see him go all out too. Loved the Quanxi girl being like “lol his contracts are pretty weak” and being owned off screen. Really cool that he presumably only has weakfish contracts but is just a beast.

I wonder if what’s behind Denji’s dream door is using the Gun Devil’s power up. We’ve seen devils get stronger due to having bits of the Gun Devil in them. And we saw that Porchita was wounded from gunshots when Dennis found him. So i wonder if what’s behind that door is using the bits of the gun devil inside him (if they’re still there) to have a big power up.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 16, 2020

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Insane chapter

Seems like Tolka’s master is the real Santa and old man was a doll. Inheriting doesn’t seem right to me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I already lived in dread for Aki especially after him saving Angel. Thi is too much... pls

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Well specifically the future devil guaranteed it lol but the author is making it as horrific as possible beforehand lol

God this manga is so loving good. Captain Kishibe owns. I liked the dolls assessing his devils as really weak then all being owned lol

E: Halloween

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

Him getting murked is going to break my heart.

Fujimoto: “Okay so this future devil says he’s gonna die horrifically, I’ve shown that sensitive truly kind people get hosed up the worst, multiple characters have had this happen or said this, everything about this guy is making it clear he’ll die and badly”

My treacherous heart: “mayhaps...aki will live happily ever after :kiddo:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Unlike Denji Aki’s already an angel :angel:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m almost tempted to try fire punch again but it got way too :wtc: for me way too fast.

Aki will live till 88 then fall in a giant novelty blender

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought power from the gun devil might be in there. When Porchita first shows up he has bullet wounds and we know the gun devil powers people up

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How’s Aki going to wriggle out of this jame. Entirely safely I imagine

Me in the first half of the chapter with cute Aki and Angel scenes

Me in the second half

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don’t think Makima will turn Evil or be a villain I think she is just an awful person on the side of public safety.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think she will turn evil either. After all she's been evil all along! :twisted:

They're laying it on strong enough that i've got tp imagine there's more to it than that though. But I still really doubt she's on the side of the public safety team.

Yeah kind of lol. Even if she doesn’t work for public safety she’s just horrible lol. Though I think similarly about public safety if they’ve hired her. I assume Kishibe is ants to kill her because he’s a nice old man now

Kishibe all our fight when Fuji

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Perhaps but she could probably be even higher up. Maybe her bosses are even worse etc. I just think the whole organisation will be rotten not just her

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I’m very excited for when Kishibe finally makes his move on Makima (we know he’s planning to and tried recruiting Quanxi) and gets horribly killed. But I think he’ll do well. Maybe recruit the devil hunter who helped against Quanxi

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh yeah I forgot Makima was asked for specifically, that’s strange. Probably nothing to worry about.

IMO Kishibe will get got but will come close or closer than expected. With Quanxi’s dolls they mention he has garbage devils but he seemed to effortlessly beat them so i think he’s insanely seasoned and probably one of the people most familiar with Makima’s contracts and whatever the gently caress she is.

I also really liked that the resolution to his fight with Quanxi was him being thrown out a window because she didn’t have time to actually fight him. Was a cool way to end things without either of them looking weaker imo.

Also please DMif you are interested in joining the Aki defence squad where we parachute into the chainsaw universe and save him. I’ve only done this once before so no time wasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What did Beam say to Denji before dying again?