Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I just binged the whole thing and i think something's up with Makima

More seriously, it kicks rear end. Power is perfect. Is "fiend" like, the official translation for what used to be "devilman" in the earlier chapters? Also what on earth happened in Hell? I'm kinda slow on the uptake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I miss Beam. :smith:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
That's dumb. That's it??

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RatHat posted:

So Makima’s subordinate devils names might be mistranslated(not that it’s the translator’s fault) and might actually be named after the Christian Angel Hierarchy

Beam=Bim, as in CheruBim
Prinz=Princ as in Principalities
Power is also an angel rank.
And obviously the actual Angel devil, who hasn’t been given a name.

The Violence devil doesn’t fit this but it was never given a name. All this makes the angel imagery with Makima make a lot more sense. If any more get introduced this’ll be easy to prove or disprove.

EDIT: I guess that would make Denji Lucifer? He will rebel against Heaven(Makima) and get cast out. The painting wasn’t referring to her, it was him.

are you the translator trying to cope to a mistake or did you just like, predict this

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

CodfishCartographer posted:

To clarify: i say it's likely they're just giving up their own lives, as it seems like they're entering a contract with the Hell Devil. They're giving the Hell Devil their lives in order to convince it to do them a favor. We don't really know for certain what happens to a human who gives their life to a devil, such as when Himeno gave "everything" to the Ghost Devil - presumably Himeno just died when this happened, but we don't really know for sure, so we can't really be certain what happens when you give your life up to any given devil. If doing so somehow sends you to hell, or to some specific torture or something caused by the devil you gave your life to, then that sucks for the millions of Americans that the president gave 1 year of life from to the Gun Devil!!

All americans are bound to hell regardless

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

EmmyOk posted:

I think the question is still why do devils care if you make those sacrifices. Can they use life force that’s given up?

devils find it extremely funny to see a guy kill himself in their name

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Do you think the war on drugs empowered the Weed Devil?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Spiderdrake posted:

Stick? Big Stick guy? alive?

His head kinda looks like a futuristic car so I choose to believe it's the car accident fiend

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
bones aren't a part of what makes a person

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I am yelling at the top of my lungs

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Popo posted:

While I'm here, I only just tore through the series in the last few days and while I know there's no definitive answer for what I'm about to ask since the manga left it ambiguous: Is there a general consensus on what happens when Chainsaw Man eats another Devil? Like, if he ate Power I don't imagine blood would cease to exist and if he ate Darkness I the physics of light would change so do we think it's more along the lines the fears and memories cease to exist? That whole part was just a bit confusing in what it was trying to say. Makima says the names escape even her memory only to list several examples (AIDs, Nazis) of concepts that got gobbled up in the next speech bubble. I don't mind it being weird and nebulous but I'd be interested to hear what you folks made of it.

Don’t Worry About It

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The polish translation of Chainsaw Man came out and rereading the early volumes really made me realize what a loving left turn this series took after the Gun Devil actually showed up

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
jesus christ

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Finally a Togata oneshot

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
If it was the Justice Devil who pushed class prez to trip Mitaka, does that mean Bucky’s death was just?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RuBisCO posted:

What's the deal with Fire Punch? I've never read it

It’s a biting commentary about the Star Wars fandom

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

e: fire punch is way too interested in star wars

Might as well say that Look Back is way too interested in manga. Togata is the main character and everything Agni does is incidental

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RatHat posted:

Looks like she’s a special kind of fiend then.
By the way, the new guy is Yoshida, the devil Hunter who uses the Octopus devil. Presumably he’s undercover for some reason.

Oh my god I forgot about this guy existing

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Teaching War to love

love can bloom even on a battlefield

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Yuko is 100% gonna die

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Wtf is it with all the Power haters.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Asa is Kobeni’s reincarnation

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

power is a higher concept than war, same with a chainsaw. if you have power you can build things, and you'll need a chainsaw. you have the fear of power and fear of a chainsaw, but you can build things with both. war only destroys, so I don't see it getting that far lol

Do you think Power was a Power devil

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Other than Makima, she's the only devil or fiend I can recall who had a name (Power) different from their domain (Blood). Either that means something or the character had been named before the demonology was fully fleshed out.

How quickly we forget Bucky

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

High school costs money in Japan

Wait what

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

thetoughestbean posted:

Denji’s Bar Mitzvah raises questions about how his regeneration would interact with circumcision requirements

The questions posed by Fire Punch remain in Fujimoto’s works forever

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://i.imgur.com/bwoRJPc.mp4

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ImpAtom posted:

And even then you have the US President literally sacrificing the entire country to a devil.

Which hit harder in the Before Times

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

You see her chained to Makima. She's dead. A spider devil with no limbs would be.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Elephant Parade posted:

Isn't this from when she's killing the Gun Fiend, at which point Aki and the Angel Devil are -- presuming she didn't kill them off-camera -- still alive?

This specific panel is after Aki's name shows up in the death name list! And, to quote the actual page,

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

chiasaur11 posted:

If she was dead, she'd have come back to life in Hell. It's only because she's still alive that Makima can use her.

Actually, if she died in hell, she'd come back to life on Earth :P

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
She looks nothing like Nayuta, you guys are mental

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

galagazombie posted:

I know I’m overthinking it and it being nonsensical is the point, but I really still don’t get the “Halloween” part of Cosmos’ power. Like I get driving you crazy with omniscience. But why the word Halloween in particular?

Why is the Boltzmann constant 8.314

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

LostRook posted:

It was four students from one class. Also, Yuko killed two of the bullies so the numbers don't match.

bullies are okay to kill

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Jerkface posted:

Gotta think that death as a devil isn't quite as powerful as you'd think. Many people yearn for death as escape, many think of dying peacefully at the end of a long life, there are cultures and religions where death is not the end.

Zoomers were the end of Death Devil

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Electric Phantasm posted:

From the anime thread lol

Jeglect Emotionally

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Katana Man looked hotter in the manga

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

SirKibbles posted:

I thought we agreed that she was making everyone else drink for her without them noticing with her powers? Hence why they were completely wasted and she was fine.

What? I thought we agreed that she's just built different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

raocow posted:

I wonder if they teach how to make a proper devil contract in school. Like, yeah, you probably don't want to in the first place but if you're stuck in a situation, basic things to keep in mind not to just utterly screw yourself over.

holy poo poo are you the cat planet guy