Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Today my wife took Callie to the vet to cross over the Rainbow Bridge right now as I'm typing this. I couldn't bring myself to go. I already watched another cat of ours die suddenly last October in front of my eyes from a stroke or something similar. Callie had 19 good years of being one of the most loyal kitty to us while absolutely hating the other cats in the house. Her kidneys and heart were failing her - stopped eating, drinking and basically not moving much at all. She'll be truly missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
:(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

We said goodbye to our sphynx cat, Mally, on Monday, after her heart failure went into overdrive over the last few weeks. My wife is a rockstar (and a vet) and was able to manage her treatment well enough that it bought her a few extra years she wouldn't have had otherwise.

It's not the first time I've lost a pet, but this one has hit me incredibly hard. Probably because cats being cats, she picked a person to focus on, and that person was me. She was constantly glued to my side or sitting in my lap whenever I was sitting down somewhere. Whenever I'd go to bed, she'd show up 20 minutes later head butting me to get me to lift up the covers for her to crawl under and snuggle. She always looked pissed off or angry due to an eye issue, but you wouldn't know it by how much she loved to snuggle and get pets or how she loved to just rub up against my beard, especially when I was in the middle of reading something.

It was really hard to see her decline in the end, but her final moments were spent with us and she was happy enough to sit on my shoulder on last time as I said goodbye. I'm going to miss her terribly.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 14, 2022

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Today was rough. My baby girl was perky to the very end, but the tumor in her throat finally got so big she woke me up struggling to breathe. We took her to the vet and it was time to let her go.

I've had her since she was 8 weeks old, she was a rescue from a litter that was abandoned in a field. She almost made it to 14.

She got me through a lot of really hard times. I'm gonna miss you terribly, Wembley.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
My De is gone. She was only four. I knew it would happen, she had felv when I found her, but she was doing so good the last couple years I'd hoped it'd be different.

When I was awake she'd sneak into my lap without me noticing. When I was asleep she'd eat every piece of plastic she could find as loudly as possible until I was awake again. I miss her terribly.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

My De is gone. She was only four. I knew it would happen, she had felv when I found her, but she was doing so good the last couple years I'd hoped it'd be different.

When I was awake she'd sneak into my lap without me noticing. When I was asleep she'd eat every piece of plastic she could find as loudly as possible until I was awake again. I miss her terribly.

Sorry for your loss. She looks like a great friend.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Today I had to say goodbye to my childhood doggo Pepper today. She was 16 and a half and a very good girl. She loved running around despite her age and doing snoozes on couches and couch shaped beds. We all loved her so much, but she was my dad's little shadow.

Violet_Sky fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 23, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
my partner and I lost our eldest, Fenris today. She was originally his, and he was there from birth. I loved her like she was my own, and she was friendly to everyone unless if you are a boisterous tabby.

She was there for my partner in many dark moments, and for that I could never repay her. Fenris was such a wonderful girl, and enjoyed a long nap alongside someone, stealing raw meat and her purrs of acknowledgment. She saw you for you and loved you, no strings attached. I am so lucky to have been there for her last years. I am even luckier that she was there for me.

saknar dig för alltid, gumman.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

We had to say goodbye to our beautiful boy Fezz yesterday.

My wife and I adopted him and his shelter brother when we finally moved to our house (our apartment didn't allow pets), coincidentally just before the first lockdowns started.
Fezz had to be adopted with his buddy, and the burden of adopting out 2 cats was apparently pretty difficult. Even more so because our poor boy was FIV positive, but the moment we saw his pictures I knew he was meant to be our cat.

Fezz was the most loving cat you could ever meet, especially for one that spent the first years of his life outside. He would snuggle with us every day. He loved to sleep in silly positions all over the house and sometimes he would even scamper with his little buddy. He would be the first one to greet us in the morning and the first to start insisting it was time for us all to settle in to bed for the night.

I never knew that I could love a pet so deeply, or that a loss could be this painful. In time I'm sure the pain will recede, and the memories we got to make over these two years will last with us for the rest of our lives.

We love you little buddy.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Tomorrow we say goodbye to Duchess, a 14 year old beagle we inherited from a family member who had their dad pass away and left her. Duchess unfortunately was only with us since last September but every day has been a blessing. We found out 3 months ago she had bladder and abdominal cancer and my fiancé who works in veterinary medicine did all she could to keep her healthy and comfortable but the past couple weeks she’s stopped eating and nothing will help her appetite.

The cancer is likely causing the appetite problems and the past 3 days she’s ate almost nothing and only drinks a little water. We know it’s her time but it’s still so very hard to imagine life without her. I hope she gets to see her dad again after crossing the rainbow bridge and he can feed her all the stuff we wouldn’t, like chicken nuggets, hamburgers and her very own steak (yes he actually did that and it’s why we had to put her on a diet!)

We will miss you pretty girl. The best beagle puppy in the world :love:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
This morning I said goodbye to Milo, my dachshund who I've had since December 2005. He was just 2 months shy of his 17th birthday.

He was walking around last night but this morning he was just...done. He was ready but I wasn't because this just came up really fast. He'd been going downhill pretty slowly the past few weeks but today it just hit him all at once and that was that. I made a vet appointment for 10:45am and called into work.

He's been gone since around 11:20 or so. It's been 2 hours. My heart is broken and I don't know what to do. I've had him since I was 19. Now I have to adjust to life without him.

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry

RubberLuffy posted:

This morning I said goodbye to Milo, my dachshund who I've had since December 2005. He was just 2 months shy of his 17th birthday.

He was walking around last night but this morning he was just...done. He was ready but I wasn't because this just came up really fast. He'd been going downhill pretty slowly the past few weeks but today it just hit him all at once and that was that. I made a vet appointment for 10:45am and called into work.

He's been gone since around 11:20 or so. It's been 2 hours. My heart is broken and I don't know what to do. I've had him since I was 19. Now I have to adjust to life without him.

I'm so sorry. This one really hit me in the gut. I lost my almost-16-year-old dachshund Stephen on St. Patrick's Day after his cancer spread to his spine. He was living with his cancer pretty much normally and seemingly pain-free one day (there wasn't much we could do to treat it without basically killing him anyway with chemo and everything, because he was an old man); the next day he was in pain and couldn't walk, and I had to say goodbye. It was one of the worst days of my life. He was the first pet I got by myself as an adult, my only roommate for years, and just ... I know it sounds so stupid ... my baby.

I'm sorry for your loss. He looked like a sweet, blind little old man, just like my Stephen. Honestly, the only thing that took my mind off the loss was spending time with the dog my mom adopted just after Stephen died. She helped heal me.

Here's my little wiener with his favorite toy a few years ago.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Bad days for wiener dogs. Angus was 15, had heart problems, cancer... he held on for seven months after the initial seizure but we knew it was coming. We took him to the vet at 2:30 am today with heavy panting, he was gone at 3. My best little man.

This is him yesterday doing what he did best, pre-cleaning the dishes at Grandma's house.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Sadly adding to the dachshund wall of honor, today I said goodbye to Sherlock.

More recent pic of when he started losing teeth so he was constantly razzing you.

He was 16, followed me literally around the world, was a stubborn jerk and I loved him for it. I will miss him.

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry
A fine bunch of sausages in this thread. I think most dachshunds are stubborn jerks, but it's part of their charm.

Sorry for the losses of Angus and Sherlock.

Learguy2015
Feb 8, 2015

This is my best bud Winston.

The first thing my wife and I did after we bought our house was adopt Winston from a rescue. He was nine months old and had been an owner release to a kill shelter. Some people should not own dogs - apparently Winston had a minor intestinal bug that had been making potty training slightly difficult, but a course of antibiotics cleared it right up, and he never had an accident in our house until near the end of his life.

Winston was an anxious, utterly untrainable goofball, but the sweetest dog ever. There was not a single aggressive bone in his body - except on walks, for some random reason, he'd always start growling ferociously at German Shepherds. But for any human, he'd immediately roll over on his back for belly scritches.

He loved his whole "pack" - me, my wife, and my son - but my wife was definitely "his person" and he was under her feet every day.

Winston also loved to eat. I'm convinced he kept going the last couple of months just to get to the next meal. Carrots were his favorite - we could open a bag of carrots in the kitchen, and he'd come running and whining.

Over the years, he survived a knee replacement and a very scary bout with leptospirosis (which he almost certainly caught because he never met a disgusting pile of rotting organic garbage that he didn't want to scarf down). Otherwise he was healthy and active throughout his life.

In the end, he slowed down and got old. Years of jumping caught up with his hips and limited his mobility (and led to a lot of bathroom accidents, which we patiently cleaned up). Over the course of the last six months, he became increasingly blind, deaf, and anxious because he had trouble keeping track of where his people were in the house.

His 17th birthday would have been August 29 - beyond geriatric for a cocker spaniel - but he didn't quite make it. We had him put to sleep yesterday morning, using a very kind service that came to our home (he hated going to the vet). He drifted off to sleep mid-chew with his last treats - including his first taste of chocolate and multiple beloved carrots - and his favorite person petting his head.

Winston was a constant in our lives. He was there when our son came home from the hospital, and grew up alongside him. I can't imagine this house without him. It's a darker, lonelier, sadder place without his energy.

I am absolutely gutted. I feel like a broken person for even saying this, but my mom died in April after a long illness, and this feels ten times worse in terms of raw, immediate grief.

Goodbye, old friend. You made my life a ton better, and I am honored you let me be a part of your pack.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Learguy2015 posted:

I am absolutely gutted. I feel like a broken person for even saying this, but my mom died in April after a long illness, and this feels ten times worse in terms of raw, immediate grief
Grief is grief, and nobody should feel like they need to feel specific ways about certain losses. For what it's worth, I think a lot of grief has to do with change. Our parents tend not to be a daily part of our lives at a certain point, so their loss, sad as it is, changes less in our day to day.

Learguy2015
Feb 8, 2015

Slugworth posted:

Grief is grief, and nobody should feel like they need to feel specific ways about certain losses. For what it's worth, I think a lot of grief has to do with change. Our parents tend not to be a daily part of our lives at a certain point, so their loss, sad as it is, changes less in our day to day.

Thanks. That's genuinely helpful.

Day three, and not getting easier. I keep breaking down. I'm trying to get some work done, but I am still walking into rooms expecting to hear his collar jingle or see him trot round the corner. I know we are fortunate to have had him in the family as long as we did, and beyond fortunate that he had an easy death at home rather than a mad rush to an emergency vet in the middle of the night. It's still just awful, though.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Learguy2015 posted:

Thanks. That's genuinely helpful.

Day three, and not getting easier. I keep breaking down. I'm trying to get some work done, but I am still walking into rooms expecting to hear his collar jingle or see him trot round the corner. I know we are fortunate to have had him in the family as long as we did, and beyond fortunate that he had an easy death at home rather than a mad rush to an emergency vet in the middle of the night. It's still just awful, though.
Knowing you did all the right things for your pet doesn't make the feelings go away. You lost a close family member. It's going to hurt for a while.

You might want to consider talking to a therapist. It helped me a lot -- I could barely function for the first week after Ahboo passed.

For me, the hardest part was seeing constant reminders of my lost companion. His crate, his toys, even the nose marks on my car's windows. If you haven't gotten everything out of sight yet, it may be a good idea. Maybe ask a friend to come over and help? It can make things easier having someone around who knew your dog but isn't feeling the loss as intensely as you.

I'm sorry for your loss. It will get easier, eventually. Don't rush it, but do take steps to help the healing process and take care of yourself and your family.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I shared this in the YOSPOS cat thread, but I want to memorialize her here as well:

Pragmatica posted:

With a heavy heart, I’m here to share that Weasel passed away in her sleep yesterday. She had her breakfast and went to lay in her favorite bed like normal to take her after breakfast nap. I checked her an hour later, and she looked asleep. She was gone. There was no pain or struggle. We knew it would be soon and planned euthanasia at home when it was time, probably in the next couple weeks, as she has been declining the past week.

Just last month we celebrated her birthday a little early because we weren’t sure she would be here with us in August.

Weasel was a fighter: she battled cancer since March 2020 to her death. She had radiation treatment for her nasal cancer in fall 2020, and we recently found out the cancer had returned to also spread to her lungs. I am forever thankful to her oncologist and vet care team for being so kind and treating us with compassion during the hardest two and a half years of my life.

I love her so much, and so many people will miss her everyday forever. 19 years old - I’ve had her half of my entire life on this planet. Keep dreaming and being a kitten, girl. You were the sweetest girl.

Aug 8, 2003 - Aug 11, 2022

From her birthday party last month:

From Tuesday this week, with her best friend Jack, who has been her brother for this entire 19 years:

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry
What a sweet little face she had, and a nice long life. I'm sorry for your loss.

I hope Jack is OK.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Have to put my seal point Siamese down tomorrow. We've had him since the summer of 2006. He was the only one of his litter of barn cats not killed by a tomcat.

He was this little tan ball of fluff when we got home...just old enough to be away from his mother. We got him a week before my wife and I closed in our first house.

He's the last thing left from before we truly became "adults" with a house and eventually kids, bills, added responsibility, etc. That part of our life will be gone tomorrow afternoon.

He was the most chill cat ever. Nothing phased him. He was a little standoffish when we first brought home our other two cats, and the only time I ever saw him hiss was at one of the "new" cats who decided to attack his tail when he was eating. He was great with our kids picking him up, carrying him around, etc.

He's been in poor health for a few months, and he stopped grooming himself weeks ago. But he really took a turn this weekend and declined pretty rapidly. I'm dreading taking him to the vet tomorrow, but I know it's the right thing to do.

I love you, Gizmo. I'm so sorry. You were such a good boy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Have to put my seal point Siamese down tomorrow. We've had him since the summer of 2006. He was the only one of his litter of barn cats not killed by a tomcat.

He was this little tan ball of fluff when we got home...just old enough to be away from his mother. We got him a week before my wife and I closed in our first house.

He's the last thing left from before we truly became "adults" with a house and eventually kids, bills, added responsibility, etc. That part of our life will be gone tomorrow afternoon.

He was the most chill cat ever. Nothing phased him. He was a little standoffish when we first brought home our other two cats, and the only time I ever saw him hiss was at one of the "new" cats who decided to attack his tail when he was eating. He was great with our kids picking him up, carrying him around, etc.

He's been in poor health for a few months, and he stopped grooming himself weeks ago. But he really took a turn this weekend and declined pretty rapidly. I'm dreading taking him to the vet tomorrow, but I know it's the right thing to do.

I love you, Gizmo. I'm so sorry. You were such a good boy.

You gave Gizmo a lovely home and a lot of love and that's all that matters.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This is Robert. He was a rescue from a puppy mill in which all the humans went to jail, and all the dogs found new forever homes.

My mother adopted him, and for the next seven years, he lived on a farm in rural Dodge County, Wisconsin. Then they moved to Berkeley in 2011. Robert was three when he was rescued, and he lived as full a life as a terrier could for 21 years. My mother loved him so much, and this morning we had to say goodbye. Like all dogs, he was, of course, the best dog and a very good boy.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
https://imgur.com/a/8qM5akF

Callie the most badbass outdoor cat. She refused to be inside despite many attempts to bring her in. She would only let us keep her inside when it got cold.

She brought the entire complex together. 13 years is a pretty good run for any kitty. Especially one that lived outside.

Morning a loss once is bad enough. But twice is going to take a while.

( She disappeared about 8 months ago. I chose to believe that some nice family finally bribed her into staying inside)

She showed up two days ago looking like she went through hell. The vet said there was nothing they could do for her but...

I chose to believe that she came back home to see all her family one last time. She now resting under her tree , where she kept watch over the complex.

joebuddah fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 6, 2022

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

our sweet little Reggie had his second urinary blockage in 20 days and had to be euthanized at the emergency vet last night. he was almost a year and a half old and i'm so sorry to lose such a wonderful little cat so early in his life.

he was a real goofball

e: meant to add some more pictures before i posted

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 25, 2022

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Had to say goodbye to my avatar puppy this morning, Bo the beagle. He'd been struggling with Cushing's Disease which we only just got diagnosed Thursday, but last night he just faded fast and he passed at the vet this morning while they were fitting him with a catheter to put him to sleep. Given how much it still bothers me remembering how his predecessor Smokey died in my arms when we euthanized him, I can't help but feel he did that just so I wouldn't have to watch :sigh:. Always a loving and good boy for 13 years.

And since I mention him, one of Smokey too.

Fatz
Jul 1, 2011
Lost Louie to cancer yesterday. Not handling this very well at all. He was mobile until the very end. He walked over to me for some pets and collapsed in my hands. Terrible to watch him decline. I'm glad he didn't suffer but really having difficulty with this.

As a puppy 10 years ago:

Favorite pic.

Another favorite pic. There's alot of them.

A goon did this drawing of Louie and his brother Hank years ago:

His portly self:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Loki was our pomchi-footstool mix who we got back in October 2011. She was an adult, we got her from our local rescue with no medical history or idea on age. This morning she came in after treats and bathroom outside, having had some cooked chicken, laid down in her bed, and slept for a bit. She woke up with a series of three small barks, I went over to see if a cat was bothering her. Nope.

She turned around in her bed, was breathing a bit heavily, and maybe the temperature gauge doesn't work on dogs like it does AC vents, but it showed her at 87*. Another few yips, but her eyes were dull and she didn't respond when I called or pet her. She died about five minutes later.

No idea what happened. At least she didn't seem to be in pain.

edit: the dumb thing is, hours later I keep looking outside expecting to see her, and let her in because it's raining out. And then looking over to see her bed is gone, and wondering if she's in her other bed, or snuck off to pee somewhere because she didn't like to get us to take her outside to pee. It's just weird because I'm the one who found her, I'm the one who picked her up and took care of the body, but I keep looking around and catching myself wondering where she is because it's lunch time.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 15, 2022

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Had to let you go today Muz. Bloody tough, but you told us it was the end. To describe you as "a bit of a character" would be under-selling it. You were a phenomenal friend, and frankly the most bizarre, hilarious but also genuinely affectionate person I knew. People at the park would describe you as manic. I think that's unfair. You certainly chased the ball, but you also returned it. I think people saw your blue eye and thought you were crazier than you were. What not many people saw was the Murray at home.
The one that would snuggle as close as he could before unleashing the world's most rancid fart. The Murray that would paw at your leg if dinner wasn't served at bang on 3:00 pm. Every time you got into the lift at mum's house you jumped on your box. Why did you always jump on that box, you crazy dog? You are the only reason mum kept a 3 year old styrofoam food delivery box in her lift. What sort of weird super power is that?

You accompanied me in the most formative and evolving times of my life. You travelled with me from Melbourne to Perth, Great Western, Murray River (where I sat in a Murray branded camp chair with my mate Murray the idiot Boston Terrier) and even a goat farm in western NSW. I would have taken you overseas too if I could. You ran a lap of the tan every day in may for a few years, and licked the sweat off my face after a bike race. You were always with me.
You supported me through breakups, parties, shopping trips, pub steak nights, ski holidays and occasionally donned a tie to help me sell cars. You sat in the passenger seat of every car I owned and I giggle thinking of your chicken legs as you stood up to look out the window.

Right up until 30 mins before I made the ultimate decision on your beautiful life, you were still smashing cheese slices (because you deserved it). You never lost your spirit or character even as your brain was crowded against your tiny skull by a horrible disease. Your affection and love will never be forgotten.

Rest in peace Murray
Such a good boy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Murray was a great dog and I'm sorry for your loss.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Talbot is gone.

He was my buddy for the last 14 years and then hyper-thyroid and stomach cancer happened, and now he's napping on a cloud and probably wondering loudly where his dinner is .

I already miss him so much.

His last picture...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Talbot was happy with you, and regrets nothing.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

10 years ago today I lost my first real dog that was mine, Sophie. A few years into having her we found out she had fluid build up in her lungs and the vet said she wouldn't live another year, if she's lucky. She lived another 5 years and I showered her with so much love and she was the sweetest girl. I've since lost my old phone that had most of my pictures of her, but I have one that I pull out today. I miss her dearly. RIP sweet baby.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I came home from work yesterday to find her dead on the floor, just outside of her heated bed. Twisted, like she tripped.

I keep blaming myself that she was alone and afraid when she died.

Pixel was 17.

This the first time in my adult life I've been without a pet.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I am so sorry. I lost my buddy for 14 years recently, and there is a gaping hole. You can tell by that picture that she was always concerned about you.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

I brought my Drake posted:

I came home from work yesterday to find her dead on the floor, just outside of her heated bed. Twisted, like she tripped.

Pixel was 17.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

It's not your fault. You can't be home all the time, and it's one of the perils of having an older pet. You gave her a loving home and everything she needed.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

I brought my Drake posted:

Pixel was 17.

This the first time in my adult life I've been without a pet.

When I lost Dweezil last year, I beat myself up repeatedly over not catching his cancer earlier. It’s a tough feeling, and I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s ok to both have and confront those feelings. But Pixel there is looking like she was well cared for and loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.
Posting in this subforum for one of the first times, because I am quite sad. Had to put my dog (Cooper) to sleep suddenly on Sunday. More likely than not cancer. Cooper would have been 10 in April, and we had him since he was about 3 months old. A force of nature, Cooper's only fear was the low battery of a smoke alarm. A lover of ice cream, peanut butter, tennis balls, and carrots. Present for countless life events, good and bad, great with my two toddlers, always up for car ride or walk. Smart, playful, and kind with a menacing bark which was the definition of all bark and no bite. The only time he ever became aggressive in his 9 3/4 short years was about 3 months ago when a larger dog approached my daughters, and I was proud of him for it - he loved them so much. He was a good boy.

Above all else, even though it has only been a few days, there are so many things I miss about him: standing in the doorway, sitting on a couch, his nails tapping the floor and his collar jingling as he walks through a room, patting him on the head, and the loud and dramatic sigh he would make when he plopped down next to me at the end of the day after I put the kids to bed. My family is lucky to have had him in our lives. I miss him and always will.

Only registered members can see post attachments!