Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I shared this in the YOSPOS cat thread, but I want to memorialize her here as well:

Pragmatica posted:

With a heavy heart, I’m here to share that Weasel passed away in her sleep yesterday. She had her breakfast and went to lay in her favorite bed like normal to take her after breakfast nap. I checked her an hour later, and she looked asleep. She was gone. There was no pain or struggle. We knew it would be soon and planned euthanasia at home when it was time, probably in the next couple weeks, as she has been declining the past week.

Just last month we celebrated her birthday a little early because we weren’t sure she would be here with us in August.

Weasel was a fighter: she battled cancer since March 2020 to her death. She had radiation treatment for her nasal cancer in fall 2020, and we recently found out the cancer had returned to also spread to her lungs. I am forever thankful to her oncologist and vet care team for being so kind and treating us with compassion during the hardest two and a half years of my life.

I love her so much, and so many people will miss her everyday forever. 19 years old - I’ve had her half of my entire life on this planet. Keep dreaming and being a kitten, girl. You were the sweetest girl.

Aug 8, 2003 - Aug 11, 2022

From her birthday party last month:

From Tuesday this week, with her best friend Jack, who has been her brother for this entire 19 years:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
re-post to share this memorial here:

Pragmatica posted:

yesterday, i said goodbye to Jack at 1pm. he passed peacefully in my arms. the last few months his kidney disease got really bad and uncontrollable, even though we were trying everything we could to slow down the progression. on monday morning, some really concerning symptoms started to show, and i knew it was time.

i've had jack since he was about 3 weeks old, found in a garbage can outside with his siblings that did not make it. i had no idea how to take care of a kitten that small, but a vet helped me get set up with everything i needed to nurse him back to life. i was only 19 then, and now i am 40. i spent nearly 21 years with this sweet animal, over half of my life. my heart is pretty shattered from losing him as well as his kitty sister Weasel in august 2022 from cancer. i know they are running and being silly kittens again together, free of pain and old age. it feels like a pretty big chapter in my life has closed. :(

i love you, baby Jackie

sept 9, 2003 - apr 29, 2024