Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
The rest of the men in my family grew castaway levels of beard. I can't even do that. :smith: this Spanish blood in me denies me so. Beer gut is looking pretty good though..

Anyone else having trouble with their quarantine look? If your facial hair on point with the rest of the hair on your necks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
my wife has never cut hair before, but she gave me a haircut and it actually looks pretty good, i think imma just have her keep doing it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I shave :smuggo:

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Post it coward.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I am growing a thin and scruffy quarantine beard. It too is pretty lovely.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I am so very proud of all of you who are taking the opportunity that life is providing to you hear to explore your bearded side. Don't be discouraged how it looks like right now! It may fill in later on, after all.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

no pic and I still recoiled in horror at the op

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Big Beef City posted:

no pic and I still recoiled in horror at the op

Now, now, BBC, that's not a very positive way to approach the OP!

Perhaps you could try something like "I see what you are trying to do, and I respect both the effort that you have put forth and the effort that will be required in the future to achieve your goals!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How would we be able to tell

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zarin posted:

Now, now, BBC, that's not a very positive way to approach the OP!

Perhaps you could try something like "I see what you are trying to do, and I respect both the effort that you have put forth and the effort that will be required in the future to achieve your goals!"

I don't encourage Spaniards.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
My beard is naturally patchy. I want it to look like Brian Blessed but I just end up looking like I recently started chemo. I tried smearing my face with rogaine but it didn’t help. Oh well, the real reward of having a beard isn’t looking good, its not shaving.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
same OP. i have a big bald spot on my neck and the rest is patchy and not symmetrical. makes me look like a depressed alcoholic and i'm not even drinking right now

trying to figure out what i can subtract to make it look vaguely OK as i rather enjoy tugging on my chin hairs thoughtfully

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I can grow a thick, fully-connected mountain man/hobo beard in a couple weeks tops. My problems lie at the top of my head; the hairs there evidently made a collective decision to migrate to my back and shoulders some years ago. I grew it out long one last time (I knew it was my last shot forever) about 10 years ago. Since then I just shave it with the closest clippers I have. Saved a ton on haircuts in the last decade tho

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Milo and POTUS posted:

How would we be able to tell

Think real hard

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Big Beef City posted:

I would never have guessed that the city you had the big beef with was Madrid!

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

you posted a thread about how ugly you are right now, and you're not even to show us?

Don't worry about it though, I've had a pretty nice full beard for about 10 years, and I mostly do it to cover up my own ugly face.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Of all the things you can't do during quarantine, shaving is not one of them, OP

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

See how that poo poo just grows right under my souless eyes. Is that normal?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Devils Affricate posted:

Of all the things you can't do during quarantine, shaving is not one of them, OP

Ah, but it is not what we cannot do during quarantine - no, this is about what we cannot do the other 64 years of our lives before retirement: and that thing is see what happens when we try to grow the biggest fuckoff beard possible!

Or . . . even growing the first one. It's sort of an unknown on how long it will take and how it will look when it's done. This time gives us the opportunity to explore that!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm getting a white streak in my beard and not for the usual reason!

Does it make me look distinguished? Only my video chat partners know for sure!
...well and my wife probably she hasn't said anything so no. :(

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Big Beef City posted:

Its not by choice :qq:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

See how that poo poo just grows right under my souless eyes. Is that normal?

Soulless eyes made up for by the soul patch. A very...wise choice

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

I'm continuing to maintain and trim the beard I've had for years now.

Letting the hair on my head grow out...which I have never done before. It's getting annoying and I'm not sure if this is going to work out.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I am now more hair than man

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Impressive

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Growing up my father always called goatees "prison pussy"

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I presently look like a glue-huffing agoraphobe that collapsed into a pile of red Brillo pads and never got up

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Poasty posted:

So he liked them, I presume?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Hair is part of the man. You're just a larger man now.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poasty posted:

How does one grow a goatee on their rear end hole?¿

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

even if you look crappy, think how rarely you get the chance to come out of a dark time looking all hosed up Hollywood-style.

it'll also pair well with food/shitstained jammies in case you need to make a sympathy play about how affected you've been. besides, it's only been ~2months, some beards take longer to come into their own.

Poasty posted:

is that from experience? when i think goatee + prison, i picture those huge fat white supremacists. but that's 100% not from experience.

Saint Drogo fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 27, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Think real hard

the implication was that his beard was ugly and lovely the entire time

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No beard shame here. Unless i see it and its really lovely. But, its gotta be real lovely

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Saint Drogo posted:

is that from experience? when i think goatee + prison, i picture those huge fat white supremacists. but that's 100% not from experience.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

No beard shame here. Unless i see it and its really lovely. But, its gotta be real lovely

ICE to meet you!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i think that man's ferret is ill

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've learned to trim up my beard pretty well with my trimmer. Nice n short. The ladies like it I assume. I haven't talked with a girl I didn't already know in almost 2 months. :sigh:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Big Beef City posted:

ICE to meet you!

What a lovely beard. What a lovely guy too!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What a lovely beard. What a lovely guy too!

Did Ethan do something bad recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Did Ethan do something bad recently?

Eh, i just find him,personally , insufferable. Das just me tho. Im annoyed by alot of youtube meme lordz