Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Palestinian Relief Bundle
https://itch.io/b/2321/palestinian-relief-bundle
~400 items for $8
Proceeds go to Palestine Children's Relief Fund
Discussion starts on page 31 here

Comics for Gaza's Children
https://itch.io/b/2154/comics-for-gazas-children
~ 100 items for $10
Proceeds go to Palestine Children's Relief Fund
Discussion starts on page 30 here

Queer Games Bundle 2023
https://itch.io/b/1812/queer-games-bundle-2023
~450 items for $60 highly encouraged with a sliding scale available for low income people.
Proceeds go to the queer creators of these items. High proportion of visual novels in this package.

Türkiye & Syria Earthquake Relief Mega Bundle ends 5/21/23
https://itch.io/b/1805/trkiye-syria-earthquake-relief-mega-bundle
~200 items for $10
Proceeds split between Doctors Without Borders, UNICEF, White Helmets, and Ahbap

TTRPGs for Trans Rights in Florida ends 4/7/23
~500 items for $5
https://itch.io/b/1753/ttrpgs-for-trans-rights-in-florida
Proceeds will go to Zebra Youth and Transinclusive Group
Discussion of this bundle starts on page 30 here

Indie Bundle for Abortion Funds
~800 items for $10
https://itch.io/b/1472/indie-bundle-for-abortion-funds
All proceeds go to National Network for Abortion Fund's Collective Power Fund
Discussion of this bundle starts on page 29 here

Also Worthy of Better, Stronger Together for Reproductive Rights bundle
~170 items for $10, high proportion of horror games
https://itch.io/b/1471/worthy-of-better-stronger-together-for-reproductive-rights
Proceeds split 50/50 between National Organization for Women and Center for Reproductive Rights

Queer Games Bundle 2022
Over 500 items price at $60 for the primary edition
https://itch.io/b/1404/queer-games-bundle-2022
There is an optional sliding scale version for those that can't afford $60
https://itch.io/b/1405/queer-games-bundle-2022-pay-what-you-can-edition
The creators in this bundle are queer and proceeds will be split among them evenly
Discussion for this bundle starts on page 28 here

The Bundle For Ukraine has 1,000 items for a minimum donation of $10. It's mostly games but there are also tabletop RPGs, stories, and art assets. Proceeds will go to International Medical Corps and Voices of Children. Sale runs from 3/7/22/ to 3/17/22.
https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine
Discussion of this bundle starts on page 27 here

The Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality had over 700 1500 DRM-free items for a minimum donation of $5. The sale ended on 6/16/20. Proceeds from the bundle were split 50/50 between the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and the Community Bail Fund with over $8 million raised.
https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

The Bundle for Palestinian Aid ran from 6/4/21 to 6/11/21. This also has over 1,000 items.
https://itch.io/b/902/indie-bundle-for-palestinian-aid
Discussion of this bundle starts on page 24 here

Let's post your finds. They don't have to be the most polished games(although those are welcome). Feel free to show us something weird and experimental that you liked or something so bizarre that it made you laugh.

Too many games to post but I'll start with a few highlights(updating soon to account for new bundle)

Legend: R = Racial Justice, P = Palestinian Aid, U = Ukraine

Crosscode U - ARPG/JRPG mix with lots of puzzles and beautiful 16 bit graphics
SUPERHOT - FPS game with an interesting gimmick - enemies only move when you do
Rusty Lake Hotel U - Psychological horror mystery puzzler with an illustrated animal cast
Gonner U - Procedurally-generated 2D platformer with roguelike elements
Wandersong U - A very cute 2D game where you play a bard interacting with the world through singing
Back to Bed U - Surreal dream-like puzzler that looks like a more painterly MC Escher
Cloud Gardens U - Grow plants among industrial and urban decay. Combination of puzzler, builder, and gardening with relaxing ambience.
Curious Expedition U - Roguelike adventure and exploration game where you discover new areas and relics and try not to die by balancing your skills and resources. Theme is like the Explorer's Club or Indiana Jones.
Alt-Frequencies U - An audio mystery set in a time loop. Record, rewind time and broadcast snippets of radio shows to expose radio hosts, conspiracy theorists and politicians.

Celeste P R U - One of the best precision platformers and a hell of an emotional journey. If you can't cope with the difficulty it can even be adjusted. This game has received near universal adoration
OneShot R - Puzzle adventure game with extreme and unique meta elements. A favorite.
Minit P R U - Play for 60 seconds before you start over Groundhog Day style, learning and progressing each time
Bleed/Bleed 2 P R U - Solid action sidescrollers with very fluid gameplay
GNOG P R - A puzzle game with a striking art style. It's like playing with a 3D toy. VR supported
Underhero P R U - Vibrant pixel art RPG platformer with timing based combat
They Bleed Pixels P R U - Horror themed combat platformer featuring a girl with claws
Pikuniku P R - Highly rated puzzle exploration game with silly graphical style
Sky Rogue P R U - Plane combat game that many have likened to the original Ace Combat
Cook Serve Delicious 2 P R U - There are a million restaurant games where you assemble meals but CSD is probably the best series
Nuclear Throne P R - One of the best twin stick shooters of all time

A Night in the Woods R - A highly acclaimed narrative tale about a college dropout returning to their dying rustbelt town.
Oxenfree R - Spooky supernatural adventure game with shades of Stranger Things
Quadrilateral Cowboy R U - FPS hacking game
Astrologaster R - You are a doctor helping patients with a combination of astrology and questionable medical advice in Elizabethan England. Excellent popup book graphics, voice acting, and musical interludes. Feels like an interactive stage play.
Lenna's Inception R U - Zelda-like game with procedural generaiton

Liyla and The Shadows Of War P - The story of a child in Gaza trying to survive occupation. Platforming and puzzles with Limbo like visuals.
Baba Is You P U - One of the best games of 2019. A fantastic puzzle game where you change the rules as you play by pushing around word blocks
Sundered: Eldritch Edition P U - Lovecraftian action roguelike metroidvania with very nice hand-drawn graphics
Calico P - Life sim relaxation game where you find cute animals for the towns cat cafe. You can pick them up and pet them!
Mini Metro P - A subway route design game with clean minimalist graphics
VVVVVV P - One of those aggravating but rewarding precision platformers where you die rapidly trying to perfect your timing.
Cosmic Express P U - Alien train route puzzles with a smooth aesthetic
Hacknet P - Terminal hacking game
Luck be a Landlord P - Yet another entry in the crowded slot machine roguelike deck builder genre

Tabletop Games
BRJE Exclusive:
Blades in the Dark - "Blades in the Dark is a tabletop role-playing game about a crew of daring scoundrels seeking their fortunes on The Haunted streets of an industrial-fantasy city. There are heists, chases, occult mysteries, dangerous bargains, bloody skirmishes, and, above all, riches to be had — if you’re bold enough to seize them."
Lancer - Tactical RPG with mech combat

Books
BRJE Exclusive:
The Guide to Classic Graphic Adventures - An immense work of love. 774 pages detailing the most important games in the genre. It includes history, gameplay descriptions, screenshots, and interviews.

Browsing
Poster lunar detritus has created a web site to browse titles that is easy to navigate and allows multiple sorting options including Steam rating! You can also hit "pick a game" to view one at random. You can now also click "how to download" and paste in the URL of your bundle download page to access downloads much faster.
https://randombundlegame.com/browse

reddit user u/theredmist has also created a google spreadsheet with everything in the bundle as a categorized text spreadsheet.
BRJE:
Original reddit post.
Spreadsheet
Palestinian Aid:
Original reddit post
Spreadsheet

A big thanks to these two or it would be much harder to sort through any of this.

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Beacon
This is an enjoyable twinstick roguelite. You have two active use items, a grenade, two weapons, a dash attack, and whatever passives you've collected. The weapons and items have a pleasing variety and humorous flavor text. The real standout feature of this game is the genetic mutations. You collect strands of DNA, socket them in, and if you're lucky you get cool mutations with mechanical effects upon sequencing instead of just stat boosts. My current character has a flaming skull, four claws that I use to burrow through the ground instead of dashing, and some kind of gas bladder that adds to my HP at the cost of slowing me down.

The art style and sound design are pleasing. The one drawback for me is that the levels are a little too complex and vertical for my liking. I just want to loot and shoot. Sometimes you have to do something counter-intuitive like dive several screens down to hit a jump pad that propels you to the very top of the level, or find a side area to deactivate a forcefield or deploy a bridge. Overall it's worth trying and it's fun to see what kind of shambling horror your character will turn into.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Xenogunner is a Gunstar Heroes/Alien Soldier inspired run and gun game with a ton of bosses (it definitely qualifies as a 'boss rush' game), with a lot of creative ideas.

Myth Bearer takes the Desktop Dungeons style of RPG puzzle game and applies it to a full overworld with interconnected paths.

Lenna's Inception (to be added this week) is a Zelda-like inspired by the Link to the Past randomizer. SeXReX approved

Pendula Swing is hard to describe. Some people will compare it to Disco Elysium but I think that's unfair (and Pendula is waaaaay jankier). I guess I'd describe it as a point-n-click isometric adventure game? It controls like a baldurgate but you're not fighting anything, just running around talking to people, picking up things, doing little sidequests, etc. it's got a bunch of fantasy races living together in the 1920s.

Skeletris is a dungeon crawler that celebrates Inventory Tetris by making it a core mechanic of the game.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 9, 2020

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
A good thread idea! 750 games is just too many, my eyes glaze over trying to scroll the list.

Netrunner
Aug 31, 2019

They did add a search option the bundle page now, in case anyone was flipping through 25 pages to find what they wanted still.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Netrunner posted:

They did add a search option the bundle page now, in case anyone was flipping through 25 pages to find what they wanted still.

Nice!

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Desktop Goose (though already free to download) is included in the bundle. It is not a game and serves no purpose but is sort of entertaining for 5-10 minutes.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Play A Short Hike

It's wholesome as gently caress. It looks like a PS1/DS era game but it's very pretty in spite of that retro aesthetic. (Watch it in motion, screens really don't do it justice.)
You are a penguin/some sort of... sparrow or crow? and you're at summer camp and you want to climb a big mountain. It's got mini games and fishing and some of the most charming character writing you'll find since Night in the Woods. It's a very chill exploration game that feels like traversing that first island in Wind Waker.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I made a post in the Steam thread earlier about some of my picks, though I'll be removing the ones already talked here:

(Linking towards either Steam pages or some curator/reviewer site because I'm very bad at explaining things)

Overland

Take care of a group of travelers on a post-apocalyptic road-trip across the United States in this turn-based survival game. Fight scary creatures, rescue stranded survivors, and scavenge for supplies like fuel, first aid kits, and weapons. Decide where to go next, whether it's upgrading this wrecked car, or rescuing that dog. Just remember, there are consequences for every action. Get ready for close calls, dramatic escapes, hard choices, arguing about whether or not that dog gets rescued, and the end of the world.

Fortune-499

Fortune-499 is a game about money and magic. You play a fortune teller working in the magical resources department of a large corporation. You engage in day-to-day office activities such as forwarding emails, attending meetings, fighting back hordes of monsters, and dealing with printer jams. With some tricky magic up your sleeve and your job on the line, it's up to you to build a future out of the hand you've been dealt.

Sagebrush
https://i.imgur.com/1ZVBDu0.gifv
Sagebrush is a short-form first-person narrative adventure about exploring the compound of an apocalyptic Millenialist cult in remote New Mexico years after they collectively took their lives in a mass suicide event.

Gunhouse

Gunhouse is part puzzle, part active tower defense, as you make big combos to launch a hail of bullets and special attacks at the alien invaders who would like nothing better than to consume your delicious orphan friends.

I have low stats but my class is "Leader" so I recruited everyone I know to fight the Dark Lord

In 'I Have Low Stats But My Class Is "Leader", So I Recruited Everyone I Know To Fight The Dark Lord', or 'IHLSBMCILSIREIKTFTDL' for short, you primarily play as the main character Josephine, fated to defeat the Dark Lord. However, as she's generally unskilled in combat, she recruits literally everyone in her hometown to fight enemies with a party of 99 characters!

Us, Lovely Corpses

US LOVELY CORPSES is a short surreal-horror-romance visual novel about helping a friend. Go through the house, cut the roses, and save the girl. Just remember: the monster knows you're here. There will be puzzles that you can only solve with hints from the roses, so try to keep an open ear while doing your job.

Astrologaster

Play as ‘Doctor’ Simon Forman - unlicensed medical professional and astrologer - and help him win a medical licence. Astrologaster is a narrative-based comedy game.

Explore Forman’s life, his work, and his relationships with his clients. Make story choices by performing astrological readings. Choose strategically or make decisions just for fun - but be aware that your choices will have consequences (and unpredictable side effects!)

Double Cross
https://i.imgur.com/OoOLrec.gifv
Explore alternate dimensions, fight interdimensional criminals, and solve crimes in this thrilling action platformer!

Death & Taxes

In this 2D, short narrative-based game, you assume the role of the Grim Reaper... on an office job. Your job is to decide which people are going to live or die. The consequences of your choices are yours to bear, while the mystery of your incarnation awaits revelation!

Glittermitten Grove

Frog Fractions 2

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 9, 2020

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Cook Serve Delicious 2 - There are a million restaurant games where you assemble meals but CSD is probably the best series.

Never played one of these before. Played about 30 minutes. Holy poo poo, this is like designed to trigger my anxiety. Why would anyone do this?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Never played one of these before. Played about 30 minutes. Holy poo poo, this is like designed to trigger my anxiety. Why would anyone do this?

it's very satisfying when you get into a good cooking rhythm

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Samuringa posted:

I made a post in the Steam thread earlier about some of my picks, though I'll be removing the ones already talked here

Minor correction but Finji was a publisher for NitW, Overland has different developers

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 9, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
thanks for posting, please curate this giant blob of content for me.

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
someone post all the multiplayer games tia

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I'd say have two separate recommendation lists in the OP for the video games and then the tabletop games.

The lesser known ones or all of them can have supporting votes on them too. Or nays.

Example:

Beglitched (+3)(-1)
Three Lesbians in a Barrow (+69)(-7)

Good luck to everyone on their treasure hunt.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I was toying with the idea of using the bundle as an excuse to start a thread for a 'book club' thing but this beats me to it, nice

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Hub Cat posted:

Minor correction but Finji was a publisher for NitW, Overland has different developers

Huh, weird. Steam has both Developer and Publisher categories so I thought that clicking Finji(dev on Overland) and also having NitW show meant it was for both but I see that it is different if I actually visit the store page. My bad.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
tabletop:
Blades in the Dark was mentioned in the steam thread (or the free games thread), but it's a rpg where you play "a group of daring scoundrels building a criminal enterprise on the haunted streets of an industrial-fantasy city." From what I've read of it, it seems kind of like the tv show Leverage but in Dunwall (from Dishonored). Related to it, I've also found the Sleuth playbook (kind of a "class handbook" for BitD, which uses open-ended archetypes instead of rigidly-defined classes) and Heist, a single-session modern-day variant (from a different author, but using similar mechanics).

There may be more playbooks or other things for BitD, but I've only found those couple so far. As has been mentioned a few times, there is a lot of stuff in this bundle. :)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Astrologaster is delightful. All the exposition is sung and I'm pretty sure there's no way to win. It's great.

nabo
Oct 23, 2010
I enjoyed Signs of the Sojourner. It's about the child of a storekeeper trying to save their shop after their mom dies. The setting is kind of a western, but weird. The gist is you go visit the towns around your hometown, on your own or as part of a caravan, looking for stuff to sell, which you get from conversations with several cool (and weird) characters. There are several storylines running in paralel: find out more about your mom, find out more about the area you live in, find out more about the characters you interact with, save (or not) the shop, among others. There seems to be a lot to discover, my first playthrough left me with several questions unanswered, but with hints on where to look for answers.

Gameplay wise it plays like a deck-builder game. Your deck consists of 10 cards and after every "fight"/conversation you are forced to replace one with a new one. The cards consist on two (later up to four) symbols, one on the left the other on the right. You play a card from your hand to match that card's left symbol to the card on the table's right symbol. Then the ai does the same, until you get the required number of matches to advance the conversation. If there is a mismatch, you get a failure. Each conversation has a number of successes required to win/failures required to lose. The cool thing is, you are not meant to "win" every conversation. You can get information/items/open quests from failures. So sometimes your deck will have basically no chance to win, but that's fine because you still get something from it. Oh, and the card rewards are based on what your "opponent" played, so next time you will be better prepared to match cards from the type that opponent uses. Oh, and cards can have different abilities (such as "chatter": play another card) that can lead to cool combinations.

The game is actually pretty chill and short (took me around 2 1/2 to 3 hours to beat it), but has plenty of replay value. There were lots of characters I didn't even meet, and there is at least one other ending to get (I suspect several tho). It's the kind of game that immediately got me thinking about playing again.

I hope I did a good enough job describing it :shobon:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This mega bundle reminds me a lot of the 1000 in 1 game cds with gems in the poo poo.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

$2.7 million raised so far. :eyepop:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So many games, I downloaded a whole bunch to try but haven't done a deep dive yet.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Ugh alright fine I'll get it. :shepspends:

This is the first FOMO i've ever felt for a donation. The added games/entries are good incentive so I sorta wanna get in first.

Also happy about those numbers going up up up, too.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sleeper hit for me so far is Fortune 499: You're a fortune teller in some sort of wizard/magic office, having talks to your HR manager, having to defend the usefulness of fortune telling. You fight monsters in rock, paper, scissors, but you can see into the future and see tip the odds. It's very sleek and fast.

The other one is Task Force Kampas; imagine a bullet hell but the enemy bullets fly as fast as they do in like iunno, Raiden maybe (I can't remember the shot speeds honestly, but it's way faster than traditional bullet hell).

EDIT: Played a bit more, and Gun Rounds is a really cool turn based aim-and-shoot roguelike. Use your mouse to point at target(s). Press 1-4 to activate the corresponding attack. Defend against bullets sent by your enemies. Reload at will, but forfeit a turn in the process. Collect different attack types. Has a minimalist 2 colour palette that's similar to Downwell, and feels just as punchy to shoot with.

Artelier fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 9, 2020

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've been playing beacon and it's legit super good. really hits that sweet spot of feeling nice to play, and slotting genomes into yourself just to watch them violently blossom into weird mutations is pleasing

i have a weird sporeling head, a goo tail that makes me fire out globs when i dash, some weird plating grafted into my chest and hosed-up robot legs that leave trails of fire when i dash

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

beats for junkies posted:

tabletop:
Blades in the Dark was mentioned in the steam thread (or the free games thread), but it's a rpg where you play "a group of daring scoundrels building a criminal enterprise on the haunted streets of an industrial-fantasy city." From what I've read of it, it seems kind of like the tv show Leverage but in Dunwall (from Dishonored). Related to it, I've also found the Sleuth playbook (kind of a "class handbook" for BitD, which uses open-ended archetypes instead of rigidly-defined classes) and Heist, a single-session modern-day variant (from a different author, but using similar mechanics).

There may be more playbooks or other things for BitD, but I've only found those couple so far. As has been mentioned a few times, there is a lot of stuff in this bundle. :)

Blades in the Dark is a really good implementation of one of the TG subforum's current favorite tabletop game engines PbtA/Powered By The Apocalypse. It's a really neat narrative driven system that's pretty easy to teach folks who don't usually play RPGs. I'm running a game for friends right now using another ruleset based on PbtA and I've cribbed heavily from Blades.
Another good tabletop gem in the bundle is Lancer which is a really neat tactical RPG based on mech combat that has been frequently compared to Titanfall.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Been having some fun with Test Tube Titans, you procedurally generate Kaiju, mutate them with radiation and then you plod around in destructible city levels and complete missions with qwop-like individual limb controls.
It's just a goofy weird game where you smash stuff up and fight the cops with giant monsters. Controller highly recommended. It has co-op and a versus mode but I haven't tried them.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 9, 2020

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Coolness Averted posted:

Blades in the Dark is a really good implementation of one of the TG subforum's current favorite tabletop game engines PbtA/Powered By The Apocalypse. It's a really neat narrative driven system that's pretty easy to teach folks who don't usually play RPGs. I'm running a game for friends right now using another ruleset based on PbtA and I've cribbed heavily from Blades.
Another good tabletop gem in the bundle is Lancer which is a really neat tactical RPG based on mech combat that has been frequently compared to Titanfall.

Came here to mention these and instead I'll signal boost: both of these tabletop RPGs are incredibly good, different from the standard d&d-likes and very different to each other as well.

If you're considering getting into tabletop RPGs but don't like the dungeons and dragons tropes then I'd recommend any of them. Lancer is very tactical, with hex grids and deep character customization that's supported by a great app that will make keeping track of things a breeze, and Blades is a narrative game of high stakes in a setting similar to Dishonored in which your players will be controlling a gang of criminals trying to build up their influence in a dark city.

You can even play them online with your friends with just a bit of trial and error using https://www.roll20.net ! Blades isn't hard to handle online, and Lancer works really well with the tactical map roll20 provides (although it does require a bit of learning to make it work).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

These are games that I haven't played, but I did maybe more clicking through to game pages than most people, so I took a look at screenshots/GIFs and thought "you know, that doesn't look like garbage":

Word Forward/Sidewords: These look to be mobile-targeted casual games involving creating words from a grid, although they take different approaches. Word Forward tasks you with eliminating all letters from the board, for example, to win.

10s: Some sort of tennis-based action game. Probably wouldn't have seemed out of place on the Virtual Boy, imo

Ring of Fire Case #1: this game's still in development so only the first case will be available to bundle owners, but it seems neat, a detective game that revolves around using the in-game search engine. So I guess like Sam Barlow's games except maybe this one will be good?

Retromancer: a twin-stick arcade roguelite, seems to be going for the robotron 2084 kind of aesthetic

Fighto Fantasy: a jrpg based on Kaiju Big Battel, officially licensed too

Eatgirl: an attempt at modernizing Pacman but in a linear singleplayer format with different levels, rather than the Championship Edition way of doing it

Vignettes: one of those 'toy' games kind of like Windosill or GNOG, where you rotate items to find the right angle to change them into something else

And All Will Cry Beware: a retro-FPS metroidvania where the guns serve as the ability unlocks

it seems like a shitload of games are going to be added within the next 24 hours so I will give the heads up on some of the interesting ones I saw in the queue:

Campfire Cooking - a puzzle game similar to stephen's sausage roll, where you prepare food by pushing it around the board in a specific order
Soundodger+ - this one used to be on Adult Swim's website but this is the premium/remastered version I guess
J.U.L.I.A. Among the Stars - Myst-style first person point n click adventure
GNOG and Windosill - hey I mentioned these above!! and now they're in the queue!
A Hole New World - seems like a Mega Man style game but when you drop down a hole you wind up in an upside-down version of the level
Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy - a point n click adventure that was one of the more popular Adventure Game Studio games back in the day, it has a full-blown sequel on Steam now, this is basically a remastering of the original game
Highway Blossoms - a yuri VN that i recall was pretty popular on Steam for a while
Blitz Breaker - a really fun precision platformer in the mold of games like Meat Boy.. you dash in a direction and can't stop until you hit something. definitely geared towards speedrunning. I really liked it

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jun 9, 2020

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Someone make a webpage that spits out the name of a random item in the bundle. Not me, though, I'm the ideas guy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

(pictured above: vektor2089)

new batch of games was just added to the bundle

games to look out for: Midnight Manor, Night of the Consumers, Radical Solitaire, The Real Texas, Highway Blossoms, Long Gone Days, The Deer God, Don't Move, Lenna's Inception, Secret Little Haven, Milkmaid of the Milky Way, Nuclear Throne, Dujanah, Tamashii, Sai, Underhero, The White Door, Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass, Halloween Forever, A New Life, The Search, Last Word, Golf Peaks, Master Spy, Shrug Island, The Floor is Jelly, Soft Body, Blitz Breaker, Risk System, Puzzle Puppers, Headliner: Novinews, Spooky Station, A Hole New World, Resistance is Fruitile, Little Bug, Teocalli, You Died But a Necromancer Revived You, Botolo, Cecconoid, Zone of Lacryma, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Bit.Trip Runner 3, Little Comet, Dimension Drive, Warden: Melody of the Overgrowth, They Bleed Pixels

There are some very, VERY good games added in this batch.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jun 9, 2020

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Jimmy is great. It's hard and doesn't hold your hand, but at the same time if you're stuck on something, then either you shouldn't go there just yet or maybe you're not utilizing your tools properly.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Samuringa posted:

Fortune-499 - A deck building jrpg where you play as a fortune teller working for a massive corporation

This is pretty fun little game. I guess it's good to point out that it's more like a story/puzzle game using deck building and jrpg mechanics. Most of the important fights are gimmicks that require specific strategy and your deck will reset quite often, so you can't really build an ultimate deck/screw yourself.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 9, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Netrunner posted:

It's 34 pages now. :mmmsmug:

I see Mewnbase and Night of the Consumer got added.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Radical Solitaire is such a dumb spin on Solitaire that I love it. Imagine a retro-themed Solitaire game. Now imagine if you had the power to change the value of the open card to any other card you haven't uncovered yet. To do so just drag the card and RAD IT OUT. Then a game of Arkanoid starts and every time you hit the card with a ball it will change to one of the cards left. Repeat as necessary to win!

Hair Dash is One Finger Death Punch with a major emphasis on dodging. In OFDP, your goal was to keep your combo going and not get tripped up by the long sequences; there's no dodging, only hitting people before hitting you. In Hair Dash, there is definitely dodging: knives target the spot you were at, people on wheels chase you down, so it's not always in your best interests to mash your attacks - you need to leave enemies around so that you can move to them when you need to. Personally, I don't like it as much as OFDP but it's a neat spin nonetheless.

EAT GIRL is level by level Pacman with a spooky retro aesthetic. The key differences is the concept of momentum and stopping; you constantly gain speed as you don't hit anything. You can also stop on a dime. But enemies can also gain momentum and trap you...

Artelier fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 9, 2020

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

If you haven't played Oxenfree, check it out. It's a horror-themed adventure game, but it's charming and even though the characters are teenage bratty sometimes, they are great. It's about 3-5 hours long, depending on how you play.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 9, 2020

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Seriously thanks to this bundle I'm able to go through my steam wishlist and remove items because I have them now. Wow.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

Seriously thanks to this bundle I'm able to go through my steam wishlist and remove items because I have them now. Wow.

...remove......items....from...wishlist...???? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Oh hey

Voyageur! I own this on mobile, it's a great little text adventure - you're a starship pilot descending in the galaxy visiting all kinds of procedurally generated planets and society. There's some really good writing in here, and it's worth at least one or two runs. Also the trading mechanic is fun!