Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeaExcursion/status/1543685630021943296

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if you prefer a horror bent, there's DreadXP's bundle which awkwardly launched at the same time: https://itch.io/b/1471/worthy-of-better-stronger-together-for-reproductive-rights

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Stolen from the PYF meme thread and posted in the spirit of laughing because it's that or cry or make actionable threats.

Thanks for posting those.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

oh wow Hypnospace Outlaw is in this one

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm tempted to continue my streak of buying charity bundles, but man, Itch seems to make it really hard to actually dig games out of these.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

That, and steam has completely spoiled me for installing and updating games. Having to do it all manually brings me back to an era I absolutely don't miss. I had a gamebreaking bug in a bundle game and the steam version got patched fairly quickly, while the itch version took a week and I had to keep checking for it then replace the files myself, ugh

The bundles are tons of cool poo poo for good causes tho, so now I feel like an rear end even writing that out

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

flesh dance posted:

That, and steam has completely spoiled me for installing and updating games. Having to do it all manually brings me back to an era I absolutely don't miss. I had a gamebreaking bug in a bundle game and the steam version got patched fairly quickly, while the itch version took a week and I had to keep checking for it then replace the files myself, ugh

The bundles are tons of cool poo poo for good causes tho, so now I feel like an rear end even writing that out
Itch has a client you can use to install things and I assume patch them. Or something like playnite. (Won't solve the "itch version is behind" issue, though.)

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Y'know, I was actually about to edit my post to ask that. I'm not very familiar with itch, so I'll look into it, thanks!

The being behind thing isn't a big deal to me, I have a lot of games. I was just really getting into that particular one at the time, haha

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I like these bundles if only just to see which devs are cool and good and put their money where their mouth is

and, by deduction, which ones aren't.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Just got to this thread from Coupons, but, without reading the thread, I'd guess this is certainly not a hot take here:

My favorite thing about these bundles is how the quality ranges from "Indie masterpiece that was meticulously planned for the better part of a decade" to "game I made for my community college game development certificate program (I got a C-)".

Honestly, some of the past games have been utterly fantastic, but my favorite find was in the TTRPG section, where I got stuff for Troika and Acid Death Fantasy, which itches this weird combination of Mad Max, Dune, and Akira Toriyama aesthetics.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Anyone know the fast autoscript (like Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script) way of adding all these items to your account in one go?
I think I had one last time and it's not working right now.

EDIT: Found one:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/427686-itch-io-bundle-to-library

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 4, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think eventually everything just gets added to your account, when I look at stuff from the older bundles it shows them being in my account and I never ran a script for them.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Breadallelogram posted:

oh wow Hypnospace Outlaw is in this one
The bundle is worth buying just for this game! It's goon created I think? You're a content moderator on a dream-space version of 90's web pages complete with embedded midi, web rings, secrets, and scams. The aesthetic and concept is just perfect. Truly a unique game.

Edit: I stand with Gooper
https://i.imgur.com/Rd6esyn.mp4

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 4, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Uh... MODS?????
How do I report this for copyright infringement?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Stolen from the PYF meme thread and posted in the spirit of laughing because it's that or cry or make actionable threats.

Thanks for posting those.

As someone who's contributed tabletop RPGs to a few of these bundles now, there's definitely a feeling that I just can't produce new games fast enough to keep up with the cavalcade of humanitarian crises.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

"2nd American Civil War Bundle"

Br3instyrm
Jan 3, 2013
How about the economy went kaput - bundle?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Skwirl posted:

I think eventually everything just gets added to your account, when I look at stuff from the older bundles it shows them being in my account and I never ran a script for them.

I don't think so, I've only added a few games from each bundle so I would notice easily, and also probably go crazy from suddenly having like 2000 games in my account.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
The big bundle has Wanderhome in it which is a lovely TTRPG and excellent for playing with kids. A strong recommend.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Br3instyrm posted:

How about the economy went kaput - bundle?

Minimum contribution: $1 or 13 ETH

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm STILL working through 2020's racial justice bundle and these are the games that I finished and enjoyed so far. Basically a thumbs up to these.

I cant keep up with all these human rights violations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

notable games in the big one (bolded are highly recommended):
A Mortician's Tale
Adventures of Bertram Fiddle
Batbarian
Beglitched
Bleed 1 & 2
Buck Up & Drive
Calico
Catlateral Damage
Dreaming Sarah
Eatgirl
Elephantasy
Fortune 499
Grapple Force Rena
Gunhouse
Hellstar Squadron
Hypnospace Outlaw
LOVE 2: Kuso
Magic Trick (recently featured at SGDQ)
MetaWare High School Demo
Mummy Sandbox
Not the Robots
Ossuary
Shutter Stroll
Solas 128
Spooky Ghosts Dot Com
Super is Hot
The Enigma Machine
The Floor is Jelly
Wide Ocean Big Jacket

smaller games that look interesting to me:
Alien Scumbags
Apotheker
Electrogene
Eponymous
Furquest (demo)
Garden of Moving Things (demo)
Jupiter Moons: Mecha (demo)
Lavender
Little Ghost
Lofty Quest
Meta Form
Mighty Milton and the Marvelous Mastermind's Maze
Obscurant
Omen of Trident: 2704
SJ-19 Learns to Love
Solace State (demo)
Super Crane Bug
The Lava Birds
What Remains

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Synthbuttrange posted:

I cant keep up with all these human rights violations.
this was funny but also big oof

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HopperUK posted:

The big bundle has Wanderhome in it which is a lovely TTRPG and excellent for playing with kids. A strong recommend.

The book is a good read at least.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The Indie Bundle for Abortion Funds just got updated with 300+ items.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

lunar detritus posted:

The Indie Bundle for Abortion Funds just got updated with 300+ items.

Any highlights?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Saoshyant posted:

Any highlights?

Hypnospace Outlaw

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

Any highlights?
seems primarily a batch of new TTRPG stuff with some indie games but nothing particularly notable on the indie game front. I sorted by recently added and nothing particularly stood out to me as "oh, that got added"

e: oh weird, recently added is actually NOT sorting correctly. random game bundle is more accurate. let me check. alright, here are the notable/interesting additions, mostly repeats:

Antecrypt
Beacon
Brooke vs World Doom (new to bundle)
Castillo: Shattered Mirrors (new to bundle)
Choice Chamber
Depanneur Nocturne
Dogs Throwing Swords II: Three Barks to the Wind
Double Turn
GNOG
Jenny LeClue - The Journal of Professor Zazer (basically a prologue teaser from the first game)
Mewnbase
Micron
Oozescape (new to bundle)
Palace of Woe
Pet the Pup at the Party
Placebo Love (new to bundle)
Rallyween (new to bundle)
Sky Rogue
Soundodger+
Spare Parts ep 1 & 2
Speed Dating for Ghosts
Stellar Interface
The Chaotic Workshop
The Wratch's Den
The Shadow People (new to bundle)
This Strange Realm of Mine
Thousand Threads (new to bundle)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 8, 2022

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://mobile.twitter.com/KamalaKaraA1/status/1545200831422676992

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

alright, here are the notable/interesting additions, mostly repeats:

Antecrypt
Beacon
Brooke vs World Doom (new to bundle)
Castillo: Shattered Mirrors (new to bundle)
Choice Chamber
Depanneur Nocturne
Dogs Throwing Swords II: Three Barks to the Wind
Double Turn
GNOG
Jenny LeClue - The Journal of Professor Zazer (basically a prologue teaser from the first game)
Mewnbase
Micron
Oozescape (new to bundle)
Palace of Woe
Pet the Pup at the Party
Placebo Love (new to bundle)
Rallyween (new to bundle)
Sky Rogue
Soundodger+
Spare Parts ep 1 & 2
Speed Dating for Ghosts
Stellar Interface
The Chaotic Workshop
The Wratch's Den
The Shadow People (new to bundle)
This Strange Realm of Mine
Thousand Threads (new to bundle)

Thanks. From those I recognize, GNOG and Speed Dating for Ghosts get my recommendation if anyone's looking for cool/weird new stuff to try.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

having a hard time seeing anything that i wanna play :/

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mescal posted:

having a hard time seeing anything that i wanna play :/

Wait we are supposed to play the games?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sky rogue is a fun plane game until the final boss

Beacon is a neat twin stick shooter with upgrades that semi-carry over run to run

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Quickly going through and posting my reviews of stuff I've already played that're in this bundle.

Mewnbase is a cute little base building game on the moon and you're a cat.

Beacon is an ARPG where you can steal your enemies DNA and give yourself their features. I replaced my head with a lightbulb.

Thousand Threads is a weird one and definitely experimental but its basically a social connection simulator in a small community and you're the mailman and sometimes people will give you jobs and someone might rob you and you punch them back then they get their entire family to hunt you down only people see the violence and now the whole place is torn apart by violence?
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/thousand-threads-is-a-chilled-out-walking-sim-that-runs-on-petty-violence

Mortician's Tale is a small story that's done in half an hour but its quite thoughtful and interesting.

Gunhouse, interesting aesthetic plus uh... action based sorta tetris falling block thing?

Hypnospace Outlaw is good play it

Super is Hot : Baba is you mashed up with Superhot. Works better than it should.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 8, 2022

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
My game was added to the bundle. It's a tabletop rpg called Friendship, Effort, Victory. It is inspired by Shonen Battle Manga like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.

I talked at length about it in this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/s4sr50/friendship_effort_victory_a_powered_by_the/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Maybe reading through that may interest some people. The bundle default cost is lower than the price of my game and it comes with 1000 other amazing titles. Not to mention the charity which goes to a very noble cause. In case any of this helps.

Also, someone did an actual play of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N85dOZKeLlE

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The abundance of cool tabletop rpgs in these bundles make sad that I don't have friends (that like this stuff) to play them with.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

lunar detritus posted:

The abundance of cool tabletop rpgs in these bundles make sad that I don't have friends (that like this stuff) to play them with.

There are a lot of online TTRPG groups these days! Also, try your friends, you might be surprised.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Theres also a lot of lil cute books and comics in them, been enjoying myself.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAlHrWzIvWY

Found this game in a few of the bundles, pretty fun looking one.

https://punkcake.itch.io/wratchs-den

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Reminder that the current bundles are nearly over, so get in now if you were holding out for some reason.