Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Science Confirms Plato's Theory: Earth Is Made of Cubes

quote:

“We apply the theory of convex mosaics to show that the average geometry of natural two-dimensional (2D) fragments, from mud cracks to Earth’s tectonic plates, has two attractors: ‘Platonic’ quadrangles and ’Voronoi’ hexagons,” the scientists explain in their paper.

The Voronoi polygon is part of a different algorithmic way to break up material. What the scientists mean is that, say, a drying area of mud or a sheet of ceramic dropped onto concrete is likely to break into Voronoi polygons, or Plato’s “Earth” squares.

But when the scientists ran simulations of the same ideas in three dimensions, Plato’s cubes dominated over the Voronoi polygons. They explain:

“Remarkably, the average shape of natural rock fragments is cuboid. When viewed through the lens of convex mosaics, natural fragments are indeed geometric shadows of Plato’s forms.”

All of this was sampled and computed using a rock-breaking simulator and software to process the results using Voronoi and Platonic shapes as “attractor” parameters.

That's from SCIENCE, folks. Science.

quote:

"I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof."

And that is from the MAN THE MYTH THE SERPENT AND THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR LEGEND OF ZELDA HIMSELF. See now his simultaneous harmonious cube in 24 4 corner classroom days yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i wanna be the scientist who gets to break dried clay all day to see what shapes it makes i think id be pretty good at that if anything im over qualified.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

just smashing plates all hmm yes.... shapes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I never doubted it for one second

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I've run it through the rock breaking Simulator countless times and the conclusion is incontrovertible.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

oh wow a perfect tetleys trizomoid, this will be a perfect centerpiece to my obscure polygon collection.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

we used tensors, a cube based modality, to simulate the rocks... is the tail wagging the dog here? regardless, hope you are all cubed up.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Sounds more like Minecraft, OP

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Big Beef City posted:

for I have squared the circle

:bahgawd:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

this is just plain good research because it is very reproducible all you really need is something heavy to smash poo poo with. hell just use your fists making shapes is easy

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
hell ya time cube

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I've run it through the rock breaking Simulator countless times and the conclusion is incontrovertible.

I fuckin love this btw, from the way it's worded in the article it literally sounds like they ran 'rockbreaker3d.exe' and the wireframe models it uses are already the shapes they're expecting so when things 'break', holy poo poo those are the shapes they break into in the simulator.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Devils Affricate posted:

Sounds more like Minecraft, OP

It says "And not just in Minecraft" in the first goddamn sentence of the article I extremely thoughtfully linked in my beautiful harmonious 4 part 24 hour post cube.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

bad news im afraid, it was nothin but squares down in the shape mines today. lil rick woulda swore he spotted a triangle but alas, it was just a square on top of another square...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

I fuckin love this btw, from the way it's worded in the article it literally sounds like they ran 'rockbreaker3d.exe' and the wireframe models it uses are already the shapes they're expecting so when things 'break', holy poo poo those are the shapes they break into in the simulator.

I'm imagining a 90s movie, Lawnmower Man style depiction of a computer program with a sine curve pulsing in one corner, C++ streaming down the other, as the computer image pans from a vertical shot down to an isometric angle of a Blender quality 3D rock with no texturing or normal mapping, which is then shattered, blue particle effects are emitted from its bits, appropriate digital sound effects bleat out at its destruction, and a flashing red window announces "ROCK 99.7% BROKEN. FAILURE IMMINENT"

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i will admit i have a interest in unique shapes but i will also warn you everything i know about spirangles i learned from gerald donald.

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!
Kind of skeptical as I'm not quite sure how this aligns with Dr. Terrance Howard's sacred math.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Man, that makes so much sense since my balls have gradually morphed into cubical shapes over the course of my life.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Man, that makes so much sense since my balls have gradually morphed into cubical shapes over the course of my life through careful shaping using a deadblow hammer and several vices.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I AM THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE!!! RHOMBUS HRRRNNGGGGGGGGFFFRRRRRR! *shits pants* :downs:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

rocks work the same way

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mozi posted:

rocks work the same way

is this the dominatrix

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

is this the dominatrix

if so i want to be wrong, and i assure you it will take some convincing for me to agree that it is right (´・ω・)っ由

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
wait so you simps haven't been living your life according to the timecube for like the past twenty years (80) already?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah hey why don’t I postulate some bullshit theory as a shot on your ego and you can give me all your formulas and poo poo and I can take them back to the CIA and loving like take over the world so cops can use the N word without fear again. :downs:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah hey why don’t I postulate some bullshit theory as a shot on your ego and you can give me all your formulas and poo poo and I can take them back to the CIA and loving like take over the world so cops can use the N word without fear again. :downs:

is this the plot to the new deus ex?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I mean that doesn't SEEM like a good idea or funny at all, but you know best I suppose!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

I mean that doesn't SEEM like a good idea or funny at all, but you know best I suppose!

Omg I was beeeeing SARCASTIC! :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah, real STUPID :smugbert: