Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TorDotComPub/status/1486021043902816256?s=20

Please let the sword be the lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platero
Sep 11, 2001

Pillbug

Happy Landfill posted:

Please let there be a burger on the cover

yes please, we dont need a sword on there.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

Pillbug

mdemone posted:

I keep re-reading but it always slides off my perfectly smooth brain. Not very many books treat me this way.

I'm awful with names in general, and having 18 characters is too many for me to keep track of. When I do a reread pre-nona I'll probably keep a notebook next to me with them.

That's the downside of a kindle vs paper book, it's a pain flipping back and forth between the character list and wherever you are in the story.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

Pillbug

sebmojo posted:

Ten thousand years for mother

I chuckled out loud at that one, I'm glad that some memes were able to be kept for this book.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

Pillbug
Something someone pointed out on reddit that I didn't pick up on, but seems obvious in retrospect, about a teacher at the school in Nona

Mostly a side note, but did you notice that Nona misheard the name of Aim's predecessor, it's not Emma Sen, its MSN, they're named for messenger clients.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

Pillbug
Seeing the tumblr links reminded me of something that comes up every time I visit tumblr on desktop. What addon/setting do I need in order to never see someone's custom nonsense on their tumblr? I want the most vanilla layout, every time, no extra crap. It's like everyone is recreating mid 2000s myspace pages where things are moved around or missing.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

Pillbug

Happy Landfill posted:

I think we can all agree that Pyrrha is a legend

I finished a reread of Nona last night, so this is what I have to say about the spoiled image you posted:

lol, lmao

platero
Sep 11, 2001

Pillbug

mdemone posted:

Nonagesimus. It's right in Harrow's loving name.

mother fucker
edit: nona spoiler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platero
Sep 11, 2001

Pillbug

Strategic Tea posted:

I'm so glad I have almost zero awareness of any detail at all around homestuck because I think it would have ruined these novels for me

E: oh Jod what a snipe :skeltal:

When the locked tomb is all done, I might sit down and finally read homestuck. It's been a thing I've seen thrown around for a long time, and my curiosity keeps growing.