Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i got the aphrodite attack and epic hermes attack speed upgrades on this fists on my first run along with an attack chaos boon and beat hades in like two minutes, it was unbelievable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

I escaped twice but I didn’t unlock any hidden aspects what gives

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Maya Fey posted:

I escaped twice but I didn’t unlock any hidden aspects what gives

achilles eventually tells you about the hidden aspect of the spear and then you start unlocking the rest. you may have to spend blood on the spear also, since you have to spend like 4 or 5 to get the other aspects after tthe spear

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’m on attempt 50 and if I don’t make it I’m going to hit my balls with a baseball bat.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh for gently caress sake I just learned about using aspects long after running out of blood.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Oh for gently caress sake I just learned about using aspects long after running out of blood.

u get more blood (or items you can trade for blood) after beating the game once, there's difficulty levels and stuff.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got the hidden fists the other night and they kick rear end

Fists that kick. Supergiant has unlocked technology only dreamt of by the nation's third graders.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I died to Phase 2 of the final boss.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Wormskull posted:

I died to Phase 2 of the final boss.

did this like 7x in a row before i finally beat him

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The gun hidden aspect kind of sucks rear end. It's so slow and god help you with armored skulls in tartarus. I can't imagine elysium with that thing. I hope there's some epic hammer upgrades for it or something cos it desperately needs it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I hate the gun with my life. I know it has the cool rocket launcher upgrade and stuff but nothing will make me enjoy using it. That and the spear are the two weapons I just don't like using, though the aspect of Hades is kool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The gun hidden aspect kind of sucks rear end. It's so slow and god help you with armored skulls in tartarus. I can't imagine elysium with that thing. I hope there's some epic hammer upgrades for it or something cos it desperately needs it

the big things that it constantly hits so if you get demeter dionysus or zeus you can just crap out status effects. i got my win with it with demeter and the 10 chill explode effect along with the dionysus cast. also you don't have to detonate the orbs and you can usually lay out five or six before they blow up, they emit a damage blast every second or so and that can really add up quickly, especially if you get a good special boon

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I haven't unlocked the hidden aspects for the bow, shield or gun yet

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

the big things that it constantly hits so if you get demeter dionysus or zeus you can just crap out status effects. i got my win with it with demeter and the 10 chill explode effect along with the dionysus cast. also you don't have to detonate the orbs and you can usually lay out five or six before they blow up, they emit a damage blast every second or so and that can really add up quickly, especially if you get a good special boon

I won with dionysus attack and demeter special but it never felt good to play. Attack wind-up is way too slow. Ammo is also way too low imo, especially after I've gotten used to the max ammo perk on the regular gun.

The bow hidden aspect kicks rear end, it's like a full upgrade from the original

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There’s one I got that just gives it infinite ammo that never needs to be reloaded, but I think shooting the hellfire spheres is the kind of thing that works better on PC because the switch’s auto-aim kept locking to enemies

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hate the gun with my life. I know it has the cool rocket launcher upgrade and stuff but nothing will make me enjoy using it. That and the spear are the two weapons I just don't like using, though the aspect of Hades is kool

i like the hades spear, and guian yu spear. and achilles spear is okay once you dont some blud into it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

There’s one I got that just gives it infinite ammo that never needs to be reloaded, but I think shooting the hellfire spheres is the kind of thing that works better on PC because the switch’s auto-aim kept locking to enemies

The rocket aiming is fine imo, you can hold the button to movie the reticle around. The main atk just takes half a second too long to wind up and it sucks. I looked it up and there is a hammer upgrade that makes it faster so at least there's that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh I misread that. W/e leaving it up.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

After attempt 50 I started trying other ones that turned purple in the room and spear is my favorite so far.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

With the hammer that makes it rapidly attack if you hold it down.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Without that it’s a stinking rotten turd climbing out of my rear end on all fours like a poo poo lizard emerging from a swamp.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

[Risk of Rain 2] Got to the 2nd form of the final boss before being nuked by an AOE I didn't see at all. Might be I'm just not used to the game yet, I haven't played much of it at all, but the telegraphs seem really hosed up. I can't tell if it's an enemy AOE about to rip my cheeks apart or one of my own items activating.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

i was playing a lot of risk of rain 2 for a while and i was enjoying it well enough but i got really annoyed by the final boss and all the bullet sponge enemies in the last couple parts of the game. it never really gave me the satisfying feeling you get in like hades or isaac where you can get a ton of cool stuff that synergizes well and lets you pull off some insane poo poo since all the upgrades are things like +1% chance to get an hp orb or whatever. i dont want to be too down on it, its a solid game, but i wish there were some more interesting upgrades and stuff to really make each run unique

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fiend Matador posted:

i was playing a lot of risk of rain 2 for a while and i was enjoying it well enough but i got really annoyed by the final boss and all the bullet sponge enemies in the last couple parts of the game. it never really gave me the satisfying feeling you get in like hades or isaac where you can get a ton of cool stuff that synergizes well and lets you pull off some insane poo poo since all the upgrades are things like +1% chance to get an hp orb or whatever. i dont want to be too down on it, its a solid game, but i wish there were some more interesting upgrades and stuff to really make each run unique

Commando also just really sucks to play without the unlockable alt-load out shotgun. Honestly all the character unlocks feel like they require just a little too much skill or luck considering how much more drastically interesting they make the game. I got em legit but if anyone's burning out on the game I wouldn't judge if you cheated to get them, everything gets way more interesting with the other skills/characters

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I didn’t realize ror2 had a final boss. My friends and I play till we get bored, usually 2 hours deep.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ahh apparently the console version isn’t at 1.0 yet is why.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hades is so so so good I played like 60 hours since it came to switch

I didn’t try hidden gun yet I just unlocked it. I’m kinda bored with the other gun aspects so I hope I like it

It’s really cool how every other weapon I have 2 or 3 aspects I actually like playing and I rotate between them and then when I get bored of those I can still try out the guan yu spear and lose my win streak

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

The secret to the guan yu spear is to upgrade the special and spam it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Risk of Tane.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Y’all talking bout streaks and I’m over here on run 60 talking about (Kermit the frog sipping Lipton Iced tea but weeping and shuddering with sobs)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Got the credits on Hades; hard agree with everyone who said that the final fists aspect is amazing

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Y’all talking bout streaks and I’m over here on run 60 talking about (Kermit the frog sipping Lipton Iced tea but weeping and shuddering with sobs)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Wormskull posted:

Without that it’s a stinking rotten turd climbing out of my rear end on all fours like a poo poo lizard emerging from a swamp.

If you don't mind dash-attacking all the time, the spear is alright: the triple-attack hammer for dash-attacking is one of the strongest things I ran into.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
every weapon/boon/upgrade is overpowered with the right set up, end of discussion, topic locked. mods please close the thread now and permaban the op

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dash attacking is the only thing I do.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Spear atk with poseidon boons is OP. You wouldn't know your own turd if it crawled out of your rear end and slapped you awake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

apropos to nothing posted:

every weapon/boon/upgrade is overpowered with the right set up, end of discussion, topic locked. mods please close the thread now and permaban the op

Opens eyes wide. Even the Poseidon loot drop? Lmfao :smugbird: Ahahaha you are a fraud.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Wormskull posted:

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Wormskull posted:

You should use the Athena keepsake and prioritize getting deflect on dash. If you haven’t already. It makes everything so much easier.