Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Oh boy, I'm just so tired of all these Lighhouses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

"Say it! Say you like me death laser!"

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I was talking about this with my friend last night. And we both kinda agreed that instead of a 2-hour art film, it would be a lot better if you broke it up into 2-8 minute segments and projected them onto the walls of a multi-room art gallery. Maybe with some mist-sprayers and the smell of the sea.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Can anyone explain this movie to me? I liked it well enough but I didn't get it at all? Robert Pattinson wants to gently caress, but he doesn't want to gently caress Dafoe? He thinks Dafoe is loving the light or a mermaid but when he goes up there it's Chernobyl? Is the movie a plea for renewable energy?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

porfiria posted:

Can anyone explain this movie to me? I liked it well enough but I didn't get it at all? Robert Pattinson wants to gently caress, but he doesn't want to gently caress Dafoe? He thinks Dafoe is loving the light or a mermaid but when he goes up there it's Chernobyl? Is the movie a plea for renewable energy?

sounds like you nailed it dude

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

porfiria posted:

The Lighthouse is a penis.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Its a movie about gay panic. Like, Pattinson murdered a cute guy for giving him the gay and then decided the best way to escape that was to move to a giant penis metaphor with only another dude for company

That's it.

That's The Lighthouse.

Good movie, 10/10, deffo watch it with your parents

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It is a good movie.

That took me 3 days to finish.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
One of my favorite movies of all time. Willem Dafoe is an acting genius for making this sort of elevated dialogue seem believable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JockstrapManthrust
Apr 30, 2013
Now with action figures, for endless hours of HAAAARRRRRRKKK. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKK7Z4DYqg