Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Anyone know what this is? They were put in by the previous owner and they are going pretty crazy, but seem like offshoots of the main shrub. I feel like they definitely need pruning but im not sure what to cut.

Google lens wasn't crazy helpful. This is in north texas.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bobua fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Maybe someone else can help you with that picture, but I can't even make out the leaves at that quality.

Oh geeze, I was so caught up in what I thought was the weird way it had offshoots that I assumed that would be the identifiable part. As soon as I got a good leaf close up it said these were glossy abelia's.

Seems right, and matches the white flower, but no google images quite look like these. Maybe a result of really short pruning and then no pruning, or tough weather\low water or something? I'm not sure what to do with these now to get them looking good.