Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WWE Champions - Click for pictures/details etc.

Raw: WWE Champion Drew McIntyre | Raw Women's Champion Asuka | United States Champion Bobby Lashley | Tag Champions The Hurt Business | Women’s Tag Champions Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler | 24/7 Champion Peter Rosenberg
Smackdown: Universal Champion Roman Reigns | Women’s Champion Sasha Banks | Intercontinental Champion BIG E | Tag Champions Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode | Women’s Tag Champions Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler
NXT: NXT Champion Finn Bálor | Women’s Champion Io Shirai | NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano | Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Devlin | Tag Champions Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch
NXT UK: UK Champion WALTER | Women’s Champion Kay Lee Ray | Tag Team Champions Gallus

2020's Discussion Threads:
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December

My Favorite WWE Related Posts for 2020:
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December

My Favorite WWE Related Posts for 2021:
January |

January Results:
Smackdown 1/1 | Raw 1/4 | NXT 1/6 | Smackdown 1/8 | Raw 1/11 | NXT 1/13 | Smackdown 1/15 | Raw 1/18 | NXT 1/20 | Smackdown 1/22 | Raw 1/25 | NXT 1/27 | Smackdown 1/29 | Royal Rumble 1/31

WWE In December:
  • Multiple memorials played for Pat Patterson during the start of December.
  • Vince McMahon let a fart squeak lose, flew into a rage and declared that Keith Lee doesn't know how to work.
  • The Forgotten Sons returned, with Jaxson Ryker now a roadie/fan of Elias, while the other two whose names nobody remembers are henchmen of Baron Corbin's.
  • NXT held their annual War Games event. Xia Li and Boa got tortured in a warehouse somewhere throughout the whole month.
  • Smackdown Women's Champion Sasha Banks is feuding with Carmella, instead of Bayley. Carmella.
  • To prevent continual interference by Jey Uso, Kevin Owens got a shot at Universal Champion Roman Reigns in a steel cage match, but lost due to interference by Jey Uso.
  • Karrion Kross, who vacated the NXT title due to injury, returned to action. In the time he was gone, there was one NXT title match by champion Finn Balor, who himself was injured but just kept the belt and didn't do any shows while it healed.
  • Ricochet, having lost a match to Mustafa Ali, vowed to fight his way through the rest of Retribution to get to Ali. He proceeded to lose every singles match against every male member of Retribution, then lost another match to Ali.
  • WWE is trying to trademark "The Collective" as a wrestling term, despite GCW using it for years.
  • WWE determined that a match they called "The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever" was the third best wrestling match of the year.
  • Cedric Alexander is starting to cause problems in The Hurt Business, stealing the limelight, over-celebrating etc. He and Shelton Benjamin did however win the Raw Tag Titles from The New Day.
  • Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae have a new faction called My Way.
  • Leon Ruff, determined not to be treated as a joke/fluke champion, lost the NXT North American Title clean to Johnny Gargano and lost every match after that except for, bizarrely, a win over Timothy Thatcher.
  • BIG E ended the month/year defeating Sami Zayn to become the new Intercontinental Champion.
  • The Miz cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase, lost the match, then got the Money in the Bank briefcase just given back to him a couple of weeks later.
  • Randy Orton defeated Bray Wyatt in a "Set your opponent on fire match". The commentators were shocked when Randy set his opponent on fire (twice). He ended the year supposedly preparing to do the same to Alexa Bliss.
  • The culmination of a months long angle involving Lana getting put through a table by Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler ended with... Charlotte Flair becoming tag team champions with Asuka? Lana wasn't even in the building or shown on camera during the title match.
  • Raw, which hit an all time record low third hour last month, hit an all-time record low entire show in December. Since 2017, Raw has dropped from an average viewership of 3.018 million to 1.880 million in 2020. The 2019 average was 2.418 million.
  • The major story for all American wrestling in December was the sudden, unexpected death of Jon Huber - known best to wrestling fans as either Brodie Lee or, as he was known in WWE, Luke Harper - due to non-COVID related lung issues. It was a tragedy, but it was heartwarming to see wrestlers from all promotions, including WWE, speak up with love and respect for a beautiful man who loved his family with all his heart.

Thread title (current "MSK - Nash Carter and Wes Lee."):

A tag team called The Rascalz, featuring Dezmond Xavier and Zachary Wentz, are now called MSK and their names are Wes Lee and Nash Carter. No reason or explanation was given for this change.

Thread title (orignal "a swirling vortex of crap. A pivotal moment of balls being punched."):

Spiderdrake posted:

Seth isn't even the worst part.

He was feuding with Baron Corbin in his denny's waiter garb, who brought in Lacey Evans as ref for... Some reason. Becky didn't get involved til Lacey punched Seth in the balls then they kept the feud going with Corbin/Evans vs Becky/Seth before hotshotting the Belt on and off Brock since they had to use up his cash in. The cash in he won by simply walking into a mitb match, doing zero work and just taking it as the 9th man.

Then Brock just squashed Kofi in eight seconds anyway to completely belittle everyone involved. MITB, the titles, Brock, the champs including Becky, everything looked like poo poo. It's like a swirling vortex of crap with a pivotal moment of balls being punched. Always with the balls punching. It's a perfect encapsulation of how lovely WWE is.

I can't even remember the last time AEW did a balls punch. I feel like they have somewhere in the pandemic but it wasn't a pivotal moment in a title match!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Reserved for my favorite WWE-related posts for January, 2021:

MorningMoon posted:

no roman NO

Eat My Fuc posted:

have a women’s royal rumble pass the bechdel test challenge

Dango Bango posted:

Lol from Dave on WOR:

NBC Universal is paying $200M/year for $67M/year in revenue.

:psypop:

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think USA having 26 million people willing and wanting to watch current WWE would be a national crisis of mental health.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Randy the Red Nosed Wrestler
Had a very shiny nose
and if you saw him wrestle
You would even say he blows.

Seth Rollins posted:

punk packs are actually what they call z-paks now

Gavok posted:

Randy Orton will go to the flash papers if he has to.

quote:

Golden Bee posted:

Too bad he got a sword instead of sword spray

Astro7x posted:

I almost forgot about the sword spray

Lid posted:

and mother fuckers act like they forgot about spray

quote:

Justin_Brett posted:

Does WWE own this design? Would they have to explain to Vince what a V-Tuber is before he can argue they have ownership?

Yaya posted:

"A V-TUBER?! ISN'T THAT THE AEW GUY'S MOVE?!"

quote:

MassRafTer posted:

Only Road Dogg could find meme fodder so inspiring. God bless you Marine!

OctoberCountry posted:

Makes sense, Road Dogg's been helping everyone at the performance center go viral all year

quote:

Intruder posted:

It's not the first time a Goldberg segment for a dying wrestling company has been cut early by cable companies

Hirez posted:

https://twitter.com/Aid4n_w/status/1345204730574893056

they're training for the royal rumble... hips

Golden Bee posted:

It’s not selling anyone’s address if you yell “Paige Here”

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 1, 2021

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Perfect thread tag.

Don't ever change it.

All in favor?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I forgot to change it :doh:

Up to a mod if they want to fix it or not.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

let's wait to see if the wwe is bad or not :)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Procrastinator posted:

let's wait to see if the wwe is bad or not :)

Tough but fair.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also apparently Angel Garza is the 24/7 Champion now? I looked up to see when that happened and supposedly it was at a TikTok New Year's Eve Party? :wtc:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

Also apparently Angel Garza is the 24/7 Champion now? I looked up to see when that happened and supposedly it was at a TikTok New Year's Eve Party? :wtc:

honestly that sounds like the perfect way to book that belt and i have no issues with it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Karma Tornado I laughed and laughed at your post in the last thread.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Tough but fair.

Jerusalem posted:

poo poo, they started the year above 0

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

you should've stayed a mod, pal!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

echoing that this kinda owns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is smack down on tonight :)

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

new year, same bad wrestling fed

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

Also apparently Angel Garza is the 24 /7 Champion now? I looked up to see when that happened and supposedly it was at a TikTok New Year's Eve Party? :wtc:

I actually expected much more of that when the title first got announced before it became the conga-line chase roll-up win belt.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Rick posted:

Karma Tornado I laughed and laughed at your post in the last thread.

I am here to spread joy

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

boxcarhobo posted:

new year, same bad wrestling fed
time is a flat circle and so is wwe

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I made this exact same mistake like 13 hours ago!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I made this exact same mistake like 13 hours ago!

Haha for the RLM thread? I thought my app was broken when I saw two threads with the poo poo tag

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Nick Jr. Face posted:

time is a squared circle and so is wwe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cancel raw

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
but.. but... Slapjack

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Cavauro posted:

move Asuka and Drew to smackdown then cancel raw

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

cancel raw

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirez posted:

but.. but... Slapjack

TEE BAR

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Mmmmmmmmm

ace

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MMMM ACE

MMMM ACE

MMMM ACE

*air guitar*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cancel smackdown

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Cancel Main Event

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

cancel smackdown

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1345177069408321536?s=19

I swear to gently caress if Covid takes Mick Foley but leaves everyone who's a oval office I'll kill God myself.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1345177069408321536?s=19

I swear to gently caress if Covid takes Mick Foley but leaves everyone who's a oval office I'll kill God myself.

I too will join your JRPG God-murdering party if that happens

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Man, that means he missed out on Christmas with his family. That is a bummer.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Also how the gently caress do you get covid at a virtual signing? Thought the whole point was that it was basically a quick zoom call and posting signed pictures?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Also how the gently caress do you get covid at a virtual signing? Thought the whole point was that it was basically a quick zoom call and posting signed pictures?

He explained in the video he had two people in the room with him and one of those later tested positive, which caused him to get tested

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

He explained in the video he had two people in the room with him and one of those later tested positive, which caused him to get tested

Ah sorry, phone posting where I can't listen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown Results 1/1:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • The show opened with a memorial graphic for Jon Huber (Luke Harper/Brodie Lee).
  • There were only two matches advertised for the first show of 2021, and one of them was a rematch from the end of 2020.
  • Roman opened the show, but was interrupted by Kevin Owens who declared he was going to demand a match with Jey Uso.
  • Intercontinental Champion BIG E vs. Baron Corbin in a non-title match ended by DQ when Sami Zayn on guest commentary attacked BIG E. Apollo Crews came to BIG E's aid. The match, one of only two advertised, went a couple of minutes.
  • BIG E and Apollo defeated Baron Corbin and Sami Zayn in a tag match, after Corbin walked out on Sami Zayn.
  • Backstage, Kevin Owens demanded Adam Pearce give him a match against Jey Uso.
  • BIG E was interviewed backstage and announced an open challenge for his Intercontinental Title. Apollo Crews immediately accepted.
  • The Riott Squad defeated Tamina and Nattie in a tag match, "thanks" to the very vocal support of Billie Kay at ringside.
  • Bayley and Carmella defeated Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair in a tag match, with Carmella pinning Sasha Banks after she got, get this, distracted by Carmella's sommelier.
  • Roman Reigns ordered Paul Heyman to find out who approved the Owens/Uso match.
  • Sonya Deville was shown backstage and it was announced she has returned to active competition.
  • Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode jumped The Street Profits during an in-ring promo. Backstage they claimed they were going to win the Smackdown Tag Titles.
  • Daniel Bryan and Otis (with Chad Gable) defeated Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro in a tag match. Bryan submitted Nakamura. This was an unadvertised match despite having video from "earlier in the day" shown to set it up.
  • Heyman let Roman know it was Adam Pearce who okayed the match with Kevin Owens.
  • Kevin Owens defeated Jey Uso in a singles match, handcuffed him, beat him up some more in-between levels of the Thunderdome, but then got jumped by Roman Reigns.
  • Shockingly, unexpected by nobody, Roman and Jey Uso teamed up to beat up Kevin Owens! Owens was thrown off the Thunderdome and through a table and Roman stood staring down at him as the show went off the air.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine going back to 2014 and telling people that Daniel Bryan will be wrestling Shinsuke Nakamura on Smackdown and absolutely nobody will give a flying gently caress

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Nakamura is one of the saddest cases of wasted talent for me personally because before he hit WWE I had heard how amazing he was so I went back and watched some of his stuff and was incredibly impressed and wondered how they'd translate his unique personality and cool movements to WWE and as it turns out the answer is they never will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
wow they really didn't even bother to give brodie any sort of video package