Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/mcclureWX/status/1380990649000996868

It'll be done with by time the show actually starts.

i bet it won’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

:sickos:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Storms are scary as gently caress and I hope everybody that's there is safe.

Having said that.

lmao

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

They should probably cover up some of that expensive rear end tech methinks

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Good thing they're social distancing with their seating - until they all have to cram into the clubhouses to seek shelter.

We might watch at least some of this dumb thing tonight. We can do a free Peacock trial and I really love Sasha and Bianca and the fact that they're in the main event.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Yeah I’m getting some big dumb takeout something and drinking some cheap beers and am going to attempt to enjoy posting through it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The attendees did sign literal death waivers...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Maybe Vince will get struck by lightning :pray:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/spookybabushka/status/1380993425290493952

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I have a friend who tells me that I should always lower my expectations for things (I tend to be very optimistic). That being said just looking at the card on paper:

Bobby Lashley (c) (with MVP) vs. Drew McIntyre
Bad Bunny and Damian Priest vs. The Miz and John Morrison
The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) (c) vs. AJ Styles and Omos
Braun Strowman vs. Shane McMahon
Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins
Lana and Naomi vs. Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose vs. The Riott Squad (Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott) vs. Natalya and Tamina vs. Billie Kay and Carmella
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Bianca Belair

This is a really decent card. They have 4 hours blocked out on Peacock so I'm hoping this means some of the matches will get some time to breath. I'm hoping we get 20+ from both singles title matches and Cesaro vs. Rollins. Night 2 is the night that interests me more, but man, stadium wresting in front of a hot rear end crowd is going to be fun to watch.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Okada and Suzuki looking at all this like it's amateur hour

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Maybe Vince will get struck by lightning :pray:

Very very frightening!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

I have a friend who tells me that I should always lower my expectations for things (I tend to be very optimistic). That being said just looking at the card on paper:

Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins
Lana and Naomi vs. Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose vs. The Riott Squad (Liv Morgan and Ruby Riott) vs. Natalya and Tamina vs. Billie Kay and Carmella

This is a really decent card. They have 4 hours blocked out on Peacock so I'm hoping this means some of the matches will get some time to breath. I'm hoping we get 20+ from both singles title matches and Cesaro vs. Rollins. Night 2 is the night that interests me more, but man, stadium wresting in front of a hot rear end crowd is going to be fun to watch.

cold wet crowd more like lol bad weather so good

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it's very funny that the evacuation announcement was in full ring announcer cadence, the only more WWE thing they could have done was have somebody get on the PA and tell each and every one of you people that they're in imminent danger of lightning strike

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
lol eat poo poo wrestlemania

is there a thread yet

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Good thing they're social distancing with their seating - until they all have to cram into the clubhouses to seek shelter.

We might watch at least some of this dumb thing tonight. We can do a free Peacock trial and I really love Sasha and Bianca and the fact that they're in the main event.

Yeah, I have a funeral to do this next weekend for a guy who social distanced himself right into a casket. It only works so good.

They shouldn't have live people at this event :smith:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Very very frightening!

I see a little silhouetto of a man-money money money money money money moneyyy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1381001220630872064

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:sickos:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I see a little silhouetto of a man-money money money money money money moneyyy

Can he do the

FAN
-
DAN
-
GOOO?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:hmbol:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

These Undertaker entrances are getting more and more elaborate

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins

Yea the only match on there that actively offends me is Braun vs. Shane, but I would hate to see Braun in any match ever and wish he'd just not be employed by a wrestling company. There's a lot of potential in all the other matches, I think Bad Bunny will be impressive and it'll be a quick fun thing, the women's tag clusterfuck features a lot of Talent on every team, hoping for a riot squad win there. I'm interested to see what Omos can do, and both singles titles matches should absolutely deliver. On paper it looks like a better show than tomorrow's but the main event of tomorrow's is what I'm really wanting to see. I don't think Bryan will win but if he gets two Wrestlemania main event wins in his career it's vindication for all the guys I loved best never getting a win in that spot and many not ever headlining. Mania 30 was one of the happiest nights in my life and nothing will top that, but Bryan is the definition of a guy who shouldn't have succeeded but has defied all preconceived notions, if he wins here I don't see how you don't rank him the greatest WWE wrestler of all time.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1380999626661056513

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

From his personal website, i bring to you THE LORE OF KILLER KARRION KROSS

Over the last decade,
Kross has acquired several alias titles from the masses who have seen him in competition with their very own eyes.
Such monikers as:

"The Tollman"

For leaving coins on the eyes of the defeated and speaking dreadfully of a fading Time pertaining to paying A Toll.

"The Herald Of Doomsday"

For proclaiming that he brings forth an end to everything as The Way Of The Future, for the purpose of ushering in a cryptically descriptive New Beginning.

"The White Rabbit"

A horrifying conspiracy theory.
One of many surrounding Killer Kross is the story heard of a violent Aztec Rabbit Tribe Cult initially operated by Paul London who worship Kross as the second coming of Xronos.

"The People's Executioner"

For participating in events as a Champion hand chosen by The Crowd to execute their demands in dispatching a competitor in the most vicious manner.

"The Devil Of Monterrey"

El Diablo De Monterrey.
Originally surfacing as a moniker in the newspapers following a ruthless and merciless systematic annihilation of virtually an entire roster of competitors in 1 single night which took place in Monterrey, Mexico.

"Rey De La Maldad"

Translated as
" King Of The Evil "
Kross has had a hellacious undefeated streak in Lucha Libre Mexico going on for over one year- and it has been accomplished by dispatching anyone and everyone by any means necessary in malicious fashion.

Man would be real nice if any of this translated to on screen.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Reality Protester posted:

is there a thread yet

on it I guess.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964710

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1381002520550539266

god is an aew mark

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Agent Dave once again making up lies

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Congrats to Shane Helms on his Wrestlemania appearance.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Honestly I'm more surprised this hasn't happened already.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Vertical Lime posted:

god is an aew mark
new thread title

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh cool, it's easier to rip video from Peacock than the wwe network (for my own personal use, of course)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
No 4 months for 10 but I did get 7 days for free! Is there no pre show, it just starts at 7?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Honestly I'm more surprised this hasn't happened already.

For real, kind of shocking that they haven't had big issues at outdoor events before

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lamuella posted:

lol

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

it started raining here (in Orlando) like 30 minutes ago and I thought "huh I wonder how the weather is in Tampa" and lol

To be fair, it probably will blow over but in my experience with outdoor events in Central FL they have to be pretty strict about clearing out if there's lightning. A few years back I was at an MLS game that was stopped twice for like ~30-45 minutes at a time.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lamuella posted:

haha

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/RJStadium/status/1381000245828521991

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

In all honesty I do feel bad for them. Extreme weather is scary as hell, and for once this is something hosed up that is happening to WWE due to forces beyond their control rather than as the direct consequences of their own actions.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

In all honesty I do feel bad for them. Extreme weather is scary as hell, and for once this is something hosed up that is happening to WWE due to forces beyond their control rather than as the direct consequences of their own actions.

Yeah, at the end of the day I do hope the people going to the show don't end up getting hurt due to weather related causes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Lamuella posted:

https://twitter.com/ShaneHelmsCom/status/1381000889633275905