Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Between the glacial pacing and predictable punchlines, it feels like a forgetten straight-to-vhs OVA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I weep that the medium turned its back on totally sweet robots. I would trade every isekai for something new in the mold of Escaflowne or Gurren Lagann.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Like Fight Club and Starship Troopers, there are lots of nerds who idolize the surface esthetic of "cool dangerous fighters on righteous crusade!!" They're there for the power fantasy, not for themes or satire. Given how the manga is going, I predict these fans will pretend the final season doesn't exist.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Dang, Wonder Egg knocked it out of the park. I hope they can keep that level of intensity up for the whole run.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I'm a little weirded out that they animated the guinea pig car crying in fear while an armed robber holds a gun to it's head.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

If you're sleeping on Wonder Egg, you should stop doing that.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

It seems like this season of Promised Neverland has wildly diverged from the manga. Given that the original ending was disappointing, hopefully this version will be stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I burst out laughing multiple times during Sk8's incredible final episode. Between Akudama Drive, Wonder Egg and Sk8, this has been a hell of a year for original shows.

https://twitter.com/tessreid/status/1378446300874702849