Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm in if there's a slot, didn't have my poo poo together in time for most leagues kicking off, but this seems like a particularly nutty season for a fantasy league and I'd love to get one going. The scoring system you posted looks great to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Side note that the color-coding by position on this draft board is really cool

Also Joploo just PMd me and s/he is super busy right now but would like to draft Daniel Gafford (C, Chi) with the 15th overall pick :colbert:

kalensc posted:

I considered Harden at 2 overall.

After reading today's news I suppose it worked out, in terms of his usage?
Yeah I didn't second-guess KD at 14 even with the move, they're both gonna get theirs

rivetz fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 14, 2021

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Wanted Bam :mad:

I'm not really a Lavine guy but am going to have to get on board. Wish I had that pick back tbh

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I was reading up on him and had totally forgotten that he tore an ACL in his knee in 2017 and was out for 11 months. I get that not all ACL tears are the same but I'm surprised we don't hear more about that as a success story. I wonder where his statistical improvement post-recovery ranks among players who have recovered from a similar injury to play again. There are a number of guys who have done that of course, but I can't think of any of them who continued to elevate their game like he has since coming back.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Let's gooooo

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
God a 5-on-5 summer league tournament w these teams irl would own so hard

Also I assume I'm not the only one who struggles with keeping reality at bay when putting together my team, "hmm Tobias Harris pretty good value this late... but ewww that contract" etc.

rivetz fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 18, 2021

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Malone steps to the line

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm with you on Indiana, they don't seem to have any huge weaknesses. I feel like all they're missing is some consistent scoring from a wing, and if they can get that from LaVert or Warren come playoff time, they're going to be a legitimate threat to make the ECF. My only concern w then is depth in the frontcourt, not sure what they'd do if they lost Turner for any significant length of time. It seems like he's so active on the defensive end and creates opportunities for everyone else, stuff that doesn't show up on the box score

Also I have a feeling I'm going to regret passing up Brandon Clarke for JJJ, but I really wanted him and was afraid he wouldn't be there if I didn't reach a bit. Isn't he supposed to be pretty close to returning?

rivetz fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 21, 2021

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Goddammit slept late and didn't get to sub in the 10 AM guys that would have preserved my lead :mad:

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

The Maestro posted:

Rough! Don’t forget you can set your lineups in advance by hitting the little arrow at the top where the date is.
graaarrrggh I did not know this

Red Rox posted:

drat that was a crazy close one vs SheLob City - we were within 40 points for the last few days. That postponement saved me! Or will the score be updated once they play those games? How are fantasy leagues taking postponements into account?
pray we don't meet in the playoffs bithc

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Man as a first-time fantasy-NBAer I am getting repeatedly cccclowned, I keep forgetting to update my roster and losing my top two guys (KD/AD) absolutely saps my will to live. I swear I'm gonna update the poo poo out of everything going forward and spoil the gently caress out of everybody's aspirations down the stretch.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I may come to regret giving up on JJJ but I thought he'd be back a lot sooner. I would be surprised if he was back before April, and I'm sure they're going to take it really slow easing him back into the rotation. DeAndre Hunter's injury isn't as bad and has a much better recovery outlook, plus he's apparently ahead of schedule on getting back on the floor.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Thrilled just to be at .500 after being without both AD and KD for this stretch. If I can scrape together enough points to stay in the mix until they get back on the court I can be the scrappy underdog nobody wants to face™

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Whoa injuries to your two best players? Rugged man, can't imagine

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
So the playoff format's staying as-is (vs shrinking to six or eight)?

E: am I going soft or was that something that was tossed around as an idea? I skimmed lightly back through the last couple pages but couldn't find it.

also sorry re: Moses, Rick lol

fake edit F U Gary Trent for not going off against your former team and bailing me out :mad:

rivetz fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 29, 2021

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm having a lot of fun with this league/season and am totally glad I did it. Way more fun than fantasy football imo, probably because with the amount of games you're less likely to be torpedoed when a star lays an egg, and you don't worry as much about favorable/unfavorable matchups. The initial draft is obviously key, but you can make up a lot of ground by hustling on the free agents. Thanks for putting this together, Rick, it's dope and I'm definitely in for next season.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I've done some poking around on best value, biggest reach etc on this league's draft and yeah he's by far the steal. Chris Paul at #69 also sticks out. Honestly there were very few colossal gaffes in the draft

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Rebounding from a 1-4 start and loss of my top two picks to claw my way to a first-round bye = intensely satisfying ngl

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm probably gonna lose because I forgot once again that sometimes games start at 10 am Pacific time. Honestly losing will be a relief, it's pretty demoralizing to invest time day after day after day into cobbling together a starting lineup of marginal starters only to tie with someone who hasn't touched their roster in months yet still automatically puts up virtually the same score. Lesson thoroughly learned: do not build your roster around injury-prone players

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Wondering how folks feel on whether it would make sense to have either an additional bench slot or one less active lineup spot next season. Most of the time (just about all the time, in my experience) there's zero flexibility afforded in deciding who to start. I"m sure part of this is injury woes across the league making roster management trickier, but there seems to never be a choice on lineup. Most days it's just "start literally anyone/everyone who's playing that night", which obviously is still fun, but there's almost no decision-making or gambling on your lineup choices. Today was the first day literally all season that I actually had to choose between a pair of starters, and it was only because starting Porzingis would mean taking him off IR and releasing someone else off the team. At no point in this season have there been any moments like hmmm start [high-usage 6th man] against Portland's dogshit defense or [starting PG] against Utah. I don't know if that kind of juggling is more frequent in a normal season, or if it's even preferable, but this season has been largely ride-or-die w your draft and not much lineup flexibility night-to-night.

Not sure if anyone agrees/cares, just thinking out loud

EDIT: Also Rick I don't suppose being GM unlocks any export capabilities not available to regular members? Part of me want to dump everything into a spreadsheet and wallow in league stats for poo poo like biggest bust based on draft position, biggest steal not named Russell Westbrook, top undrafted player etc etc Some of this could be pulled by other means but it would be a lot easier if there was a way to take the Lothlorien season specifically and dump it to csv w scoring system intact if that makes sense. I assume that's a no but thought I'd ask.

rivetz fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 29, 2021

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Should things come to a vote, I'm on Team Fleaflicker. Migrating to a big machine like ESPN/Yahoo feels like such a sellout, whereas the homegrown vibe of this site make it totally worth any inconveniences in my book. I'm in next year regardless but I dig where we're at way more than some polished juggernaut, I don't need to see some fuckin Bud Light banner or whatever every eight seconds.

Megasite: click here for Premium membership, with instant access to insider trading tips, draft tables, positional rankings, and much more!!!
Fleaflicker: check it out, we have Dark Theme

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
pffff Westbrook with 14/21/24 whatever, I got the solution right here and his name is, um Oshae Brissett

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Congrats to the winner! That team's a lot better than just Westbrook/Jokic - solid draft right down the line and great roster work all season. Super fun season and looking forward to next go-round.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Sinking feeling of certainty that whether I end up picking AD or KD as my keeper I will spend the entire 21-22 season regretting not picking the other one

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Yeah I'm good whenever as well

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Whoa, how am I not in this w Shelob City? Did I miss some signup step or something?

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Red Rox posted:

It’s says you pick after me? Or did Rick just fix that now.
It's my column but it's Shadowfax's pick. Spent like ten minutes fuckin around trying to figure out how to draft someone before I noticed

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
This seems overbalanced, I don't see why we don't revert to serpentine coming out of the second. If we go off the idea that the keepers are top five picks, then we should proceed as if they were are picks at the top of the first, and we therefore slot in at the bottom of the second. Assuming that all keepers would be gone in the first two rounds, that translates to my 2nd and 3rd picks being 25 (okeedoke) and 38 (huh?) Makes me wish I hadn't selected a keeper. I'm fine w compensation in the second but the third is ugh imo.

Current setup effectively guarantees the new teams a pair of quality players in the first two rounds that can carry a team, that should be the goal.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Rick posted:

Then it snaked normally. Was this better?
100%, though I won't speak for anybody else. Current system has Tom Bombadillo Young Team getting a keeper, 17, and 27, vs Saruman Shoulda gets a keeper, 26, and 36. That's a huge gap between two teams that should be treated identically. Flipping to serpentine in 2nd vs 3rd seems better imo.

Also I'm probably missing something obvious but the other option here would be to just release the keepers from any teams that we can all agree are inactive, i.e. haven't contacted you and haven't posted in this thread in 2021 or whatever. Anyone too busy to post a "yeah sure" even once in the last six months isn't gonna be engaged in the season anyway; I'd rather have a smaller league than one with 50% dead teams, especially If the injury situation is anywhere as bad.

rivetz fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 17, 2021

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I don't think we need a redo, once Boromir Don't Lie picks let's either shuffle the remainder or just leave as, and finish out the 2nd round w serpentine that rolls forward from there. If you're a new member you got a late first and early second just like the team you're replacing.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I was gonna propose that if someone misses something like three consecutive picks commish can auto-draft for em at their discretion or upon informal threadvote or whatever, but I just looked back at the timeline of notifications from last year's draft and the whole thing was fifteen days?!? hilariously I would've sworn it was literally like twice that long

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Public service post for anyone else who sucks at remembering names, w links to forums profile/PM screen for trades etc

Also general note that I'm interested in pick swaps in the mid-rounds if you want KD or if I wind up grabbing someone else you had your eye on.

rivetz fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 20, 2022

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
The blessing and curse of repeat fantasy leagues is knowing w ironclad confidence who another GM is going to draft and gritting your teeth as you scratch em off your board. There are two more picks before mine and approx 0% chance the guy I want will still be there

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

rivetz posted:

The blessing and curse of repeat fantasy leagues is knowing w ironclad confidence who another GM is going to draft and gritting your teeth as you scratch em off your board. There are two more picks before mine and approx 0% chance the guy I want will still be there
:mad:

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Wild to see AD and Kyrie still on the board 25 picks in, legacy of a cursed season

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

DeimosRising posted:

The thing with you injury prone guys on stacked teams is that you know they’re going to sit a lot. Even if they don’t suffer any major boo boos, Davis and Irving are going to play 65 or so games between minor scrapes and rest
Davis and KD were my first picks in Lothlorien last year and drove me nuts all season, this thread is littered with my posts grousing about em. I swore I wasn't going to roll those dice again but at 25th or whatever I had to pull the trigger

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Totally fine by me

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Cunningham might be a bit of a reach this early but he would have been my next pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

DeimosRising posted:

I appreciate people who have the guts to bet on first and second year guys like Cade and Edwards. I can never do it, I’m too risk averse
I'm kind of the opposite, I always treat these like I'm making some cool What If bizarro squad, a la getting high and loving around in 2K franchise mode