Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The first main episode of Witch ends with one of the main female characters turning to the other main female character and saying "Hey, you're gay now and we're getting married" if that influences your decision (it should, its good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

gimme that dwarf taint trigger

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Heads up: Satoshi Kon's Paprika will have a very limited run in theaters next week in 4K. I'm talkin' one or two nights (one dub, one sub) depending on the theater.

*windmill slams Buy Tickets before checking where the theater actually is* oh gently caress me, I'm gonna have to drive like 15 miles on Friday evening to get to this.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Are there any isekai's where instead of being the Chosen Hero with an elf harem, the protagonist gets reincarnated as some lovely peasant and gets to learn about life without central heating or plumbing or antibiotics

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Doc Hawkins posted:

tanya the evil, lol

Reading the Wikipedia summary and I have to respect this dude's commitment to atheism.

galagazombie posted:

Grimgar was basically about a group of isekai teens who find out killing even a single goblin is a lot of hard traumatizing work that doesn’t really pay enough to cover equipment maintenance costs. Lots of time spent doing laundry by hand with their rapidly disintegrating sole set of clothes that they have no money to replace. They live in an uninsulated barn with no plumbing sleeping on straw. Maybe things change in the LN but the whole show is basically about them being trapped in a failure spiral.

This looks dope, ty.

Also ty to the other applicants but I can't find a decent translation of Karate Survivor and, uh, Death Attribute Magician has some troubling tags.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

galagazombie posted:

Grimgar was basically about a group of isekai teens who find out killing even a single goblin is a lot of hard traumatizing work that doesn’t really pay enough to cover equipment maintenance costs. Lots of time spent doing laundry by hand with their rapidly disintegrating sole set of clothes that they have no money to replace. They live in an uninsulated barn with no plumbing sleeping on straw. Maybe things change in the LN but the whole show is basically about them being trapped in a failure spiral.

15 minutes in and I'm questioning how dope this actually is.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zodar posted:

this has happened to me every time i have tried to watch/read an isekai. "no no it starts out with them trapped in an MMO but later they try to make a functioning government and draft legislation," "no trust me it's actually an irreverent comedy where all the leads are pathetic like Always Sunny" i don't trust like that no more

In this case, it was more than we are introduced to a gay homicidal pervert who is depicted exactly how you think that kind of character would be depicted in anime and the final ten minutes of the episode were mostly taken up by one character talking about another character's boobs.

I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt and say its because its trying to foreshadow that these are all a bunch of teenagers stuck in the game, but its still real awkward.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Finding a single girlfriend is something that could only happen to most goons in a fantasy world, so yeah, I'd say that qualifies as an isekai.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Full respect to DinD for getting kinda gross.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
In defense of Studio Trigger, that bathing scene is direct from the manga. Ryoko Kui just likes drawing tastefully hidden titties I guess.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Does Omegaverse still heavily feature dogdicks or is it just the whole stratified society and male pregnancy stuff now.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Popy posted:

just watch dubs ez

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
what light I can't find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear