Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

unlike THESE ASSHOLES

I can't help but wonder if the chandalier covering the corner like that isn't intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Brennanite posted:

I feel this picture is the epitome of more money than sense. The couch is the real crime, but the tablecloth and knick knacks aren't helping.

Given the building it's in, it could be worse.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

That painting has seen some poo poo

Home owner: I want a painting of a young woman painted in an impresionistic manner.

Artist: Ok, I think I can do that.

Home owner: Also, she must have BIG NATURALS.

Artist: Oh, I *know* I can do that.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

captain chauncey posted:

The one in Oceanside is in a 1980s faux-Tudor neighborhood where they all look like that. It’s strange in real life as you drive down the 101 with everything else being overtly Southern Californian.

Credit due on having a proper AGA. I wouldn’t want one of those running all summer in Southern California though, even at the coast summers are warmer in Socal than people think.

Just going by the sterotype of people who live in costal north county San Diego, they probably run the aga all year and turn on the air conditioner when it gets too warm.

I also bet they will insist that they live in Carlsbad and that their Oceanside address is a technicality.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

Wouldn’t be so bad if people could build more close to the coast!

Malibu is on the coast and it catches on fire all the goddamn time.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

What is this padded table for?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Every time I walk through the cheese section of wegmans I find myself imagining what kind of person buys the gigantic wheels, and what they do with them. Social gatherings? Or...as weapons of war?

Grim determination and lots of crackers.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

A relavent Peanuts strip came up in the Comics thread today:

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

wheatpuppy posted:

It looks like the faucet was installed in the overflow hole so it's weirdly low and impractical for filling the tub. And there's no shower curtain to allow for an actual shower, so how do you use it?

I assume you sit in the tub and hold the shower head in your hand when using it.

Also - does installing the faucet in the overflow hole mean that the tub doesn't have any overflow protection now? I've never seen a tub like that.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

why are there roof shingles inside the house

You can't just leave the roofing felt uncovered. It's hard to dust.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I thought the same thing.

People who design modern bathrooms are such cowards. It’s time to retvrn to the tradition of using colored tiles.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

The Zillow search term of the day is "plasterwork". Mostly in NYC.

It's nice to see a post like this filled with rich people houses that is 100% hits and no misses. Not everything is how I would have done it but there weren't any "Jesus Christ, what were they thinking?" rooms.

I guess the sort of person who keeps the plasterwork instead of turning the building into a white box has a certain amount of good taste.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I bet the ambition behind this one is "blow up a federal building."

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

were you expecting an overstuffed armchair or maybe a rocking chair? NOPE IT'S EAMES TIME BABY

It's like the opposite of Frasier's apartment.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Which is best: the skull faucet, the candle on the skull faucet, or the ominous burn marks on the wooden cabinet above the skull faucet candle?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Dream house - nightmare stairs:

https://twitter.com/archillect/status/1608811213181358080?s=20

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Massive missed chance to use two different bird sculptures to do some sort of allegorical reference to "hot" and "cold".

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I've never said this before, but not a single thing in that room works.

It's like that style that tries to mimic getting all your decor from cheap thrift stores and the trash - but they actually did get all their decor from cheap thrift stores and the trash.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

this staging is a bit much

Everything about that house and its staging was perfect. Just pure concentrated WASP.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

It's like the backrooms but designed by Thomas Kinkade.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Youth Decay, can you make tomorrow's search "featureless white void from THX1138" so a certain someone can be happy for once?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I wouldn't want to sit under the toboggan of Damocles.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

This looks like a room built for the sole purpose of providing Scandinavians a place to decide to get divorced in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

If I were an eccentric millionaire, I'd spend my money figuring out who at HGTV and Architectural Digest I needed to bribe in order to make natural wood popular again so flippers can stop ruining nice houses.