Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I am absolutely fastidious about checking my email for real memos and absolutely ignoring everything junk mail like, not even bothering to delete or file. My inbox flashed on the screen during a training presentation for associates one day and they were floored by my 3700 unread toast on my inbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

zedprime posted:

I am absolutely fastidious about checking my email for real memos and absolutely ignoring everything junk mail like, not even bothering to delete or file. My inbox flashed on the screen during a training presentation for associates one day and they were floored by my 3700 unread toast on my inbox.

Reminds me of a coworker who just... leaves all our automated emails unread and leaves them in the main folder of her inbox. I think she hit low 5 digits now after close to a decade of working in this department.
I don't know how she does it. I don't even like Outlook showing me how many junk mail messages I have, because it bothers me when there's more than 2 or 3. (I don't keep up on my personal gmail as well, but that's because I don't have to look at it as much and "read the whole email as a preview on my phone" doesn't count as "read".)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I had a boss who tried to teach us all to be like them and delete all emails. They were rather stunned by my inbox of 67,000 emails and also that apparently there is a legal requirement to not delete all records????

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Archive All is your friend in personal life and at work

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just lol if u don't have a byzantine system of folders and rules in Outlook to sort all your incoming email.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah, I don’t get people with thousands of unread emails in their inbox either but apparently they have me outnumbered so whatever.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Volmarias posted:

I found great success in moving everything that wasn't addressed directly to me or a very specific set of mailing lists out of the inbox and into something I'll check someday.
Slightly amended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

McGavin posted:

Just lol if u don't have a byzantine system of folders and rules in Outlook to sort all your incoming email.

Byzantine systems wish they were on my level