Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Verisimilidude posted:

Highly recommending water curing! Basically you take a clear glass jar, fill it with water, put the minis inside and cure it as you normally would, though you only need to do it for half the time. The UV light bounces around and refracts due to the glass and water, and you end up with a really well-cured piece that isn't over-cured.

This works especially well with water washable resin, which I'm currently using. Definitely worth giving a shot if you have an old glass jar laying around! I put my curing light right on top and it works great.

Seconded. My parts have been coming out much better since I started doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

These short exposure times make me want a new printer. My older Anycubic Photon takes much longer to print then the newer ones.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I like Printable Scenery for terrain. They've got several styles, for different fantasy or S/F looks.

https://www.printablescenery.com/

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

What are you all using for resin to print minis? I just used up the bottle of Elegoo ABS-like I had and I was wondering if there's something else I should be looking at. This is for my elderly Anycubic Photon if it makes any difference.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I got an Elegoo Mars 2 Pro in their Black Friday sale, and it's a pretty big step up from my Anycubic Photon. The difference in details is noticeable and the speed difference is just huge. Glad I spent the money for sure.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Glad I mentioned getting a Mars 2 Pro, since I was thinking of ordering a flex plate. Now I know not to spend the money.
I will say I like the shape of the tank better on the Anycubic. The Mars tank is much bigger pain in the rear end to clean so far, since it has those curved sections.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Does anyone have a good source for 40k bits files? I need some guns.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Bucnasti posted:

If you're looking for Imperial guard and Marrine weapons search for "Weapon Rack" on Cults3d

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

You can also check printables.com. It’s run by Prusa and is a much easier to find stuff on then Thingiverse.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Simple Green will dissolve the magnets at the bottom of your wash station tub. Guess how I know.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Class Warcraft posted:

Real long shot, but has anyone seen little bits of trash I could resin print to add to bases?

I'm working on some modern urban minis and I'd like to decorate the bases with things like soda cans, beer bottles, empty bags, maybe a tire - the kind of stuff you'd find on the ground in a slum.

Check out Epic Basing, looks like they have some stuff that might be what you're looking for.
https://epicbasing.com/

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

What's the current hotness for resin for printing minis? I need to print stuff for basing. This is on a Mars 2 Pro if it matters.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I've got a Neptune 3 Pro and aside from having to re-level it once in a while, it's been practically plug and play. I put a .6 nozzle in it and use it to churn out game terrain and board game organizers.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Southern Heel posted:

Thank you, I managed to clean off a bunch of the melted filament, but the nozzle appears to be jammed in place! I can’t get any kind of grip on it at all

Heat it up first. I can't get my nozzles to turn at all until I heat them to printing temps. It should be tightened hot as well. When I change nozzles I thread it most of the way when it's cold, heat it, then tighten it up the rest of the way. Just hold the heat block in place with pliers or something. Also don't just tighten as hard as you can, the nozzle itself will twist apart and you nd up with the threaded bit stuck in the block. Guess how I know.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

How many top layers are you using? Large flat surfaces like that tend to want more then smaller more detailed models. I usually use at least 4 or 5, maybe 6 with something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I've been very happy with my Elegoo Neptune. I've had a Neptune 3 Pro for several months now and It's been great.