Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

It's real useful for knowing whether there are coyotes in my neighborhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

what's the endgame of stealing pets

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

be warned everyone; the parking garage is ripping people off

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

need young high schooler to cut my grass

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

how many detectives do you think the police have assigned to investigate this ding dong ditch

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I don't know enough about wood to know if this is garbage or valuable aged dried wood

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

you broke my grill posted:

how many detectives do you think the police have assigned to investigate this ding dong ditch

people are still talking about this a month later and I think we need to apologize for making fun of the homeowner about this

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

they're still talking about ding dong ditchers

it's reasonable to shoot them because they could be the clockwork orange droogs trying to get into your house to rape you

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

thank you for your service o_o7

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

hey all I think you need to see this important scam warning

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I'm trying to get rid of my old garbage but you have to convince me you're using it for a worthwhile craft project first

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

please keep 911 on speed dial in case any hooligans are shooting off fireworks this weekend

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Disappointment. I don’t mean to sound negative, but i do wanna throw this out there to fellow nieghbors.
It seems like whenever a nieghbor asks for help with a small or fair project that can be done by someone down the street, a friendly message from a nice carpenter or painter down the street offers to work just practically wanting to get to know people through helping out. But instead advertisement for friends and families that have companies take over ...well hell, it turns into a whole other Home Adviser Site. “Call this company” Call that company!
Why not just let the little man down the street with heart and soul that goes into his work do a little work for a Nieghbor down the street kinda like the guy who walks around with a push mower and weed eater asking for small work. Not every app is meant for big companies and when I subscribed to Nextdoor before all this, I met a lot of cool people just fixing a door handle, repairing a leaning fence from hurricane damage or just painting someones porch for a small charge. It was fun but I believe that all that has ended.
Instead of throwing phone numbers out there, why not offer to help them yourself or just simply offer a trustworthy friend down the street for once. Try it! It’s not like you’re getting commission for every company you message to people. I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, just had a thought on what I think is bogus now. Thanks for reading

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

dae hate translplants

quote:

To those who have recently moved here. You moved here to better your life. Made a home for your children free from where you came. You came here to escape the city streets, the high costs of California, Washington, Oregon. The crime and riots in NY IL MN MD. Or maybe to just have a slice of the beach.

It all started with a Google search. "Cheap places to live on the coast" "small coastal towns" "where can I move -(anywhere but California)" and here we are. Welcome to what used to be a small town. If anyone says they never thought it would be this way, they are being ignorant or coy. It's a wonderful place and you can never hide that. We hope you help it flourish.

You brought your high paying jobs with you.
Your 50k+ cars.
Your endless budget for housing.
Your need to eat out.
Your need for daycare.
Your inheritance.
Your money.
We have noticed.

Some of you guys have the freedom to do anything. And to change the world. But that's far from the truth.

Where you are welcome here, remember, many were here before, and while your standards of living have gone up.

**Ours have went down**

Meals aren't cheap anymore.
Daycare if you can find it, costs 50% more.
Rental housing is no longer affordable.
Houses cost 75k+ more.
Want a dock slip? Those have tripled.
Land to build when you have more money? That now costs as much as a house
Can you even get a dollar beer anymore?

I challenge everyone. Local or not. Long time resident or not, this:

If the world has been good to you, give back. Understand that your life is better now, and now the lives of those you moved upon have become more difficult and dreams less obtainable.

Consider sponsoring a kid in the little buddy program.
Sponsor a family. Crazy how much a used washer dryer and couch can change someone's life.
Call the ------ volunteer center. They always looking.
Feed the homeless.
Walk the lake with a trash bag and fill it up.
Walk anywhere.
Habitat for humanity.
Call ANY church.
I'm sure everyone has great suggestions also.

Do something besides eat up all the avocado toast in town. (Thanks for bringing that here by the way)

Then I also challenge you. Stop posting and talking about your lavish life. The poor are watching. It hurts to watch others thrive, even though what you are doing is seemingly normal to you.

Help others.

Your children are watching. Don't advertise your good deeds. It robs the spirit of doing good. And shames those who cannot. Your neighbors, children, and friends will notice, and eventually will want in on what drives your true happiness; helping others.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

My guess was one of the Carolinas.

The bad one :ohdear:

yes it's a Carolina

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

stay safe, my neighbors

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

stay safe, neighbors, people might be using your driveway to turn around

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Nextdoor emailed me this but by the time I tried to click it to read more the post had been deleted now I think I missed an enlightening discussion about the ethics of kids being in my yard

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

every time I go on Nextdoor a banner says I need to confirm my address I just always ignore it

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

thank you Doug for keeping the neighborhood safe

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

motorcycle hooligans are killing my husband this used to be such a nice neighborhood

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

dae hate poor people

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

they're still going on about panhandlers, but this time I'm sure it's out of sincere concern for their safety

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

finally a positive story about teenagers

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

this has since been deleted it certainly looked odd to me

(and of course at some point in the comments someone was asking if the problem is our "wide open border")

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

is nextdoor just what it's like living in grand theft auto

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

My Lovely Horse posted:

You guys don't get the cards in your car windows? Might be a Europe thing. Traders send people around to stick little business cards with buying offers to every car they can find, and they're mostly looking to export them to other countries where there's a demand for older cars. Not even necessarily a scam, they might lowball you on the price or you might even get a fair deal, but you're not gonna get the very best deal and the cards tend to annoy carhavers.

you should never stop to read cards on your windows because kidnappers hide under cars and will grab your legs and capture you and sell you into human trafficking

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

dae fantasize about shooting people

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

got this in my gmail preview cant wait to view the post and see what Mark is looking for bored women for

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

why are thieves targeting cars that are easily stolen and whose parts are easily resold? Is it a TikTok challenge?

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

stay safe there could be pollsters in your neighborhood

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

dae want to kill people (who are probably illegal immigrants) for walking around the neighborhood but Liberals won't let you?

selections from a long thread

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

snagging some hot deals

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

still I don't know if it's worth $60

when I was trying to get rid of mine years ago you couldn't give them away and goodwill and other thrift stores wouldn't even take em

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I really don't know why anyone ever falls for this why tf would a business/utillity/the IRS want payment in the form of Target gift cards

after 20 posts saying 'scam scam definitely a scam, companites don't ask for gift cards, call them yourself and ask'

you broke my grill fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 18, 2024

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

finally a good ending on nextdoor

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

stay safe from burglars and trolls, especially if your neighborhood includes both young and old people

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Beach parking is actually out of control crazy expensive so indenturing your son for parking is actually a good deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Complaining about beach parking is one of the recurring themes on my local nextdoor. And rightfully so. The beach is supposed to be public access but all the homeowners on the island don't want any outsiders and make it hella expensive to park after you spend an hour looking for a space.

Also they're having a debate whether you should kill snakes you find because they eat rats. And what is a bigger nuisance: rats or snakes?
Help how do I get rid of the mongoose I released to get rid of the snakes I released.

Overall p. chill right now. No one fantasizing about shooting local kids for dingdong ditching