Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SgtSteel91 posted:

gently caress THEM UP MAKI

:ssj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean you could just make series bi-weekly, keep the same page count, and already that right there would be a game changer.
EDIT: this idea is no different than what they do with Jump offshoots, but still. Keep Shonen Jump weekly, with series alternating.

Yeah you could do better but also, if there's a baby step you can take you might as well take it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Phoenix Wright in Marvel vs Capcom 3 all over again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is the Kaisen 0 movie a One Night Only thing or is it gonna stay around for a while like a normal movie

Not sure how long it's in theaters, but I know with cinemark the sub was last night and the dub is tonight

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yuji also sits in Sukuna's bone dimension, but with a smaller throne and he's sad in it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hakari is gonna win but like a true gambler refuses to move on and just keeps on gambling well after the fight ends, forgetting he had things to do.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Oxxidation posted:

naoya thought this was going to be his big shot at revenge and the last thing he sees will be his sister sumo-wrestling a man dressed like a kappa, as he's hacked to pieces by an old fart raving about the virtues of hanzo steel

gently caress this series owns

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The chapter is entirely unnecessary--you could have left it at last chapter's cliff hanger and filled in the blanks from there.

Unless the president is going to be a recurring character I really don't give a poo poo. It's fine though--the chapter wasn't bad, just...not sure if it adds anything.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

This is the same doomsaying you all were doing leading into the intro of katana man and sumo boy, I’m going to simply trust gege to turn in a slate of all time american sickos

In terms of "moments in a series where I think things are lovely and on a downward spiral," this doesn't even qualify. Just a weird choice for a chapter.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love a giant punch

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nuebot posted:

The big climax of the series will be all the women that got unceremoniously killed off coming back for the final fight, like that one scene in the avengers and then nothing will come of it.

It's like the climax of Zeta Gundam, with the potential to be equally depressing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Conversely, people should just keep punching sukuna really hard.

Like, mega

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Taima posted:

Yeah man, agree

For what it's worth I do appreciate the post. A lot of this stuff is well above me, so someone going the extra mile is appreciated.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It makes me sad

Edit: nah, not adding context.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MonsterEnvy posted:

They seem to have a proper alliance. As he said it's just a souvenir. I doubt Kenjaku thinks it's going to give an advantage or anything.

Itadori is gonna channel his inner Chainsaw Man and devour the corpse whole

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Scallop Eyes posted:

Do you think Yuji would get a power up if he ate Sukuna's dried up body

It's what I've currently got money on just because it would make me laugh

The disrespect of the act, lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh okay

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
someone needs to kick Sukuna extremely hard in his balls

don't care who does it at this point

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I went back and rewatched the Nobara/Yuji vs the curses fight again

Goddamn those two dorks own

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I believe

I must

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
she's going to do to Itadori what he did to her

just pop out of a box with a big thumbs up

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You absolutely have to make it more explicit than that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:allears:

All those rules and restrictions? Throw them out the window. It's jazz now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have faith that someone is gonna get punched

To the max

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How many cards in the deck left?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:catdrugs: but with blood everywhere

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm laughing so hard at Sukuna essentially going "I'm built different" and then his shrine just imploding.

This fight is delivering everything it promised but also plenty of stuff it didn't and it's just such fun

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:slonk:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pootybutt posted:

that's so mean of the OP lol sigh

for real, I was mad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just to clarify

Does Sukuna classify as a curse now? I just wonder if he's at risk of getting eaten if he loses his body.

I doubt that's the path ahead but I'm really surprised we haven't had any interference yet

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It is decided who is best. And goddamn, they are the best.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There were layers to that strategy and it legitimately impressed me how well it was played.

I know you want mahoraga to adapt more and I'm going to bait you with that. Mahoraga has already built up resistance to the orb that pulls you in, but I can get pulled in ahead of him because of that resistance. What's that, ya wanna gently caress with my other orb? Incantation, I just jacked your move. Oh BTW, purple. Lol.

Just played like a fiddle. God drat.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:goku:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Outside of spoiler bars I'll just say I get some complaints with it all happening off screen, seemingly. A deliberate choice that makes me a little grumpy, even if I think I enjoyed the chapter itself.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Kashimo is squashed in two panels cause you couldn't pay me to give a poo poo about him

Get the hell out of the way old man

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EmmyOk posted:

I now think it would be funny if Gojo revived a second time before Nobara

Whole series has been her dreaming

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish Don Kanonji were here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm fine with not discussing spoilers in here, but admittedly last week was kind of a special case. Every week shouldn't get that treatment though.