Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Didnt someone in Bleach have that sort of power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You could see something like this coming a mile away but it still hurts.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah this is a power that will be greatly enhanced by being animated and boy is MAPPA gonna knock it out of the park I feel.

Like being bursted by 24 frames real quick of him beating up maki till she realizes the pattern and then SHE does the 24 frames to grab ahold of him and punch him into the floor. Or have it stop in the middle with her saying that its 24 before punching.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 5, 2021

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think its best to see the technique as a sort of buffer auto pilot ability. There is a speed increase that happens because you are essentially doing a burst of predetermined actions every second aided by sorcery. The frames are just part of the buffering system and is actually a limitation more than anything. A person with a more insane grasp of the technique could theoretically buffer more actions in a second or a variable set of actions in each second rendering one of the key weakness moot.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

The official translation.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-152/chapter/22643?action=read

Maki went and hunted down the Hei and Kukruu members that were not home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpllUQ38CKY

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fantastic

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hell yeah JJK is best when its just absolutely insane

ONE THOUSAND SUMO MATCHES

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 9, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lamebot posted:

It's the hyberbolic time chamber, but you're only allowed to do sumo.

As if you needed to do anything else

Wondering what would have happened if the schoolgirls took him up on the offer

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Maki showing up and Yuji telling her to kill fushiguro ruled.

Now off to figure out what the “bath” means.

The bath is probably is just a bunch of dead sorcerers blood and guts

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Isn't the JJK: 0 movie pretty popular? I figured that the anime-only crowd would be more familiar with Okkutsu and Geto's whole backstory compared to manga readers during this reveal.

Im watching the series with guys that only half tune in when watching stuff and despite me hinting that Kenjaku is not Geto they were still caught off guard by the reveal. They watched the movie and everything, they still thought that he was Geto and that the plot was still gonna revolve around his ideals. Maybe it was the order of things?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Yeah, there's no way Takaba is winning here because it would be too cool of a writing twist to have a major series antagonist taken out by a side character. So we have to have the funny guy lose so like, somebody far more boring can punch Kenjaku to death.

The guy will win and kenjaku will be forced to move his brain to some other lovely body. We will never see the side character again

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Conceptual powers are so loving stupid that you could conceivably treat death as a limit that you can use your powers to not reach. I dont think its going to happen, but if Gege wanted to drop 3 pages of HxH explaining that bullshit then I wouldn't be mad.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nobara coming back would make sense only if keeping her status obfuscated made sense. Like say they realize that her tech can hit sukuna directly in the event that he hijacked Itadori's body, in this case making her appear dead to Itadori would make sense since it would keep Sukuna in the dark. But that sort of went out of the window when he swapped bodies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jerkface posted:

He is going to come full circle to the death penalty being unjust.

Binding demons for seeming eternity is always easier than outright killing them so it tracks

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It was an interview with the editor where they say that the next 5 chapters are going to be pretty shocking but nothing actually was mentioned on their content

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The other principal

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

No I know we're talking about puppet principal (Tokyo), I thought he was dead too.

He is, the other principal (kyoto) learned the technique before the tokyo one died. Kyoto one is still alive.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How hyped he was when Higuruma did RCT then he sees Itadori doing it and its lost all the magic

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The bleeding edge of slander / memes is often times more entertaining than the actual text in mangas

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tosk posted:

Wednesday leaks are officially dead :(

Not sure if that means we won't be getting scans till Sundays or if groups like TCB will just be a few days later

Leaks are out already

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Here, just in case we need this later

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Maki is the setting connoisseur of cursed weapons and they had a month to collect the most appropriate cursed weapon on the entire planet from all of jujutsu, and it went through his heart with him having zero ability to defend against it. By all of the established rules of the setting the fight should be over. I guess you can argue that another established rule of the setting is that none of the established rules of the setting apply to sukuna.

I guess you could also argue that even taking a cursed weapon out of an inventory curse would have given too much notice to sukuna so Maki is stuck using boring old steel.

What makes you think he only has one heart

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

the soul is stored in the balls tho, so this fight ain't over yet

He also has 4 balls

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If theres one thing i dont like in the past few chapters its these hard cuts to other fights even if the other fights are good too. Stop giving me blue balls

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think whats funny is that Sukuna is seemingly regressing. Earlier it felt like he was above the whole thing, that if he died having a good fight he's be ok with it, but Yuji is starting to grate at his existence.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Nobara had to be removed from the story because she is too powerful. She likely hard-counters Sukuna’s body posession and also could have gotten Megumi’s rear end up.

Nobara had to be removed from the story because after sukuna and the rest of the cast dies or is horribly maimed they are going to need someone to come out of retirement to be the lead for the second, post merger, part

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I do want to see Sukuna eat it before Uraume just to get another scene with them hyping up how this is nothing and that sukuna still has tricks before him crapping out.

Just the audience stand in for sukuna stans.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah if anything Maki has to be alive so she can throwdown with Yuji in a 2 v 1 vs sukuna at least once

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rando commentary is some of the best parts of baki

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sukuna's face is hilarious when he's fighting yuji. He just looks so sick of his poo poo, compared to everyone else where he's really hyped to be fighting them.

The boys mere existence saps his will to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

I feel like they could have just…not included the weird reacharound explanation for Todo and nothing really changes except there’s less nonsense exposition.

I mean it could be set up for other characters to come up too