Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Choso’s characterization is so loving good, it’s so easy to feel for this poor freak of nature and how his siblings were treated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Choso's false memory having his remaining siblings still in tubes has me thinking they're not strong enough to incarnate like him and his special grade brother, but if they really do come back for them I guess we'll see.

And the fact that Choso's false memory isn't wanton murder or destruction but just him and his brothers living a peaceful life having picnics is so :3: dude just loves his fam.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
gently caress, knew Choso wasn’t getting outta here one way or another

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
The first rule only applies to any sorcerers like Megumi's sister that Geto prepped beforehand, right? Plus I got the impression Geto doesn't really care about killing everyone who disagrees since lol, what're they gonna do? Get hit with centipedes and fail, probably.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
They didn't have to do Panda like that...

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
You just know Maki and Mai have these exact conversations every time they get home.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Them being twins is absolutely going to matter juju-bullshit wise

I can see it being if one dies then the other gets a stronger Heavenly Restriction on par with Toji's.

Edit: Well considering only Maki's got the restriction and is part of the main cast 0% chance this scenario works out for Mai.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 17, 2021

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Naoya's loving done for.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

tweet my meat posted:

The rough drawing on those pages is the dude's eye technique containing maki right? It starts when he arrives and ends on the panel where she cuts the eyes.

It starts when he arrives but the art dips before he activates the technique

Also what was going on with Maki's thought process before she starts ripping and tearing? It kind of seemed like she had reservations but Mai's dying wish overrode them.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I’m glad I’m not the only one who couldn’t comprehend 24frames, I think I finally realized the general idea is that you can compress one action (like running towards your opponent) into one second at 24fps. The trade off being you have to commit to that action to get the ludicrous speed boost. Attempting to perform a second action or cancelling the first during your 24 frames sends you to frame hell. Usually your opponent can’t see you taking the 24 steps to complete the action but Maki’s so GOAT’d now that she can. Really I just needed to write this out so someone can explain to me if I’m wrong.

MonsterEnvy posted:

The official chapter is out.
Killing you own family is something that most people won't do even if they hate them, Toji did not do it. But them killing Mai her twin, combined with her dying wish is making her decide to destroy them. She is thinking back that she should have just remained with Mai at the bottom as a servant instead of going on her current path.

See I kinda bought into the “dying wish binding vow” theory that gets floated around but the mundane answer makes more sense.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Brought To You By posted:

I'm just going to go with this even though we've seen people get put in frames for just standing still so is them freezing up also a violation of the rules?

I think that tracks! This chapter says you’ve got one second to make your 24 frame movement so taking a second to stop and think sends you right to frame hell.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I think with Maki at the end of this chapter at least we’re seeing them both move at 24fps. Naoya was activating one 24fps after the other to increase his speed to ridiculous levels, under the presumption that Maki would never be able to fulfill the 24 movements condition. After he hit Maki with a 24fps Naoya’s first 24fps ends, and he activates a second 24fps to come strike the presumed frozen Maki. Can’t take a second to stop and assess things so by the time Naoya’s on frames 1-4 Maki’s on frames 20-24 coming at him.

For the Dagon example, Naobito is already taking to everyone before Dagon freezes. Going by this chapter you can include a 24fps restriction in your own 24fps action so I assume he noticed Dagon, immediately jumped over to slap ‘em and then Dagon missed his one second window to perform a 24fps action.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
lmao Naoya doesn’t even get the dignity of being killed by the successor to Toji

And after the initial wave of disappointment I like that the creator’s looking to tell their story and get out. Too many Shonen muddy up a strong story by massively decompressing the beats but JJK is such a tight read. And I would like to see them live.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
The six eyes are inherited within the Gojo clan right? I think they've always been a big deal but Satoru is the biggest of deals.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I kinda want a whole arc of Death Jam: Fight for Tochigi

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
With Tokyo being made into a demon realm talking panda shaped guys are probly old hat.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Magnetism seems like the most likely answer, but I saw someone mention on twitter that curse users have their technique in their name and that Kirara has star. I hope it's needlessly convoluted and her technique is to put things into orbit, like how it seems her life revolves around Hakari.

Panda has been killing it in every appearance post-Shinjuku, I adore him.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I really enjoy the simplicity and cleverness of Hakari’s trap. You can kinda assume if Yuji didn’t immediately blow it by pretending he’s never heard of the most legendary sorcerer then eventually he’d slip up and reveal something about Gojo a regular sorcerer shouldn’t know. He got a ton of character in this chapter.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
New Chapter

Poor Itadori, I forgot that despite all his new friends and brothers he's still on track to just take in the rest of Sukuna's fingers and die.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Brought To You By posted:

That is not how you throw a punch Hakari. Jesus my wrist hurt just looking at that.

Man's been blessed with a cheese grater soul, all he's gotta do is fling himself at enemies.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
So the implication is that Yuji has another cursed object within him unrelated to Sukuna's fingers? Or is it that Kenjaku masterminded getting Yuji into a scenario where he'd swallow Sukuna's finger.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Gege is so good at getting strong character moments right out the gate. Hiromi doesn’t even use his curse technique but just having him take the gavel and demand everyone stay is powerful and a great way of showing how he’s changing. I would like 10 more character introduction chapters please.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah, he's definitely going to murder people with curses. it's assholes who deserve it, though!

I wonder if Hiromi having 102 points specifically is meant to imply most if not all of his kills have been people he found guilty of random things. Does he even know there's a culling game?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like to think that even if the rules didn't apply Kenjaku still would've given the occult club a helping hand :3:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like that now that the conservative Jujutsu families have lost control people with more modern curse techniques are coming outta the woodwork.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like that propeller head was more formidable than he looked but picked the worse fight he could.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like that Higuruma didn't get himself a hosed up cursed courthouse, he's just out here at the community theatre soaking in a tub fully clothed.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It was heavily implied that all but the first death painting are Kenjaku's biological children, Choso and his brothers I think come from the first three of nine.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
We've been getting a pretty steady stream of minor antagonists these past few chapters and all of them have been loving stellar. Judgman having a mini court session and judging you for past crimes is a lot more fun than just weighing sins. And I like that we're getting to see more of Yuji's past and how he was a good kid but wasn't a good kid. Sometimes you wanna break the rules a lil!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Official Release

loving superb chapter, what else is there to say?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I think even if the fan translation is more accurate to the original Japanese, you'd want to use retrial anyways as it's not nearly as clunky and would have more impact for your english speaking audience. JJK's the one manga where I actively avoid the fan translation since the dialogue is so good and some of the concepts can already be hard to wrap your head around.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Just judging by the reaction on HIguruma's face you can tell he doesn't buy Yuji's capable of something like this. I mean this is the same kid who came to him asking to stop the forced killing rule, which a mass murderer wouldn't really care about.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I love that where you’d expect most characters to consider killing Mahito’s golems or Choso’s brothers out of their control or not even people Yuji does and more importantly he remembers that he did that. The pure hearted Shonen protagonist is a dime a dozen but it feels like we really get to see Yuji demonstrate that quality in big and small ways.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Lmao at the guy taking up Nanami’s curse technique being a complete goober

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I've just been sitting back and enjoying the ride at this point cause every chapter is great and every new culling game player is endlessly entertaining. This is probly the best tournament arc I've ever read.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It doesn't have the traditional structure of one but to me it hits enough of the same beats in new ways to qualify.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Ah see to me a battle royale is just a subcategory of tournament. It's the same basic principal of a lotta guys fighting up the ladder until there's only one guy. And in this case there are "teams" that we've seen like Yuji's group and Reggie's goons.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I'm willing to go full youtuber and monologue about how the saiyan saga was one big tournament.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
this chapter felt incredibly intimidating at first but once I realized it’s just a slot machine with fancy dressing the rest of the read went pretty smooth. Don’t really have to understand the mechanics behind pachinko Hakari’s just pulling a lever and seeing what he won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Justice for Panda my beloved