Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Bit of a whatever chapter this week. Itadori lost and then thats it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Really excited to see how they'll model Naoyas fighting style and technique in the anime. Cool fight

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

very entertaining to have him go from "okay, I need to win without using x" only to get massively owned 5 panels later and be forced to use it. Glad he isn't invincible

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

gege is gonna have to work overtime from next chapter, he's running out of women to kill. Get Nobara on-screen for a single panel to kill her

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i imagine if Gojo was fully rocking "just kill 'em and move on"' he could win easily, but that unfortunately isn't it

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i hope after JJK ends that Gege does more battle manga stuff. The weird jojo-like stuff he thinks of is very fun to read.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i mean we saw one of the other top touted characters in the series get absolutely jobbed like a loser, so I wouldn't be shocked if Gojo jobs

otoh he isn't a woman so gege might let him look slightly good

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

even maki only got to look good after fridging her sister

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

well, that was insanely cool and good

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i don't really get the complaining, i feel like anything you could possibly get out of Geto as a character has already happened. It'd just be repeating the same stuff

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

this thread looking like a CIA document for like a week also sucked last week.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

sad that narutos boyfriend isn't celebrating his birthday...but the furry is

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

what were the innovative parts

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

EmmyOk posted:

Mahoraga is almost certainly nuked. There is a small chance Sukuna dismissed it before it got eradicated. We did see the Dharma wheel disintegrate so Mahoraga's adaption ability is definitely gone.

The Ten Shadows can all be destroyed but their power remains available to the user. That's why when one of the Wolves was annihilated Megumi could resummon it merged with the other as a super wolf. That's what the Totality aspect of the ability is. It's the same thing Sukuna used to create Agito out of a bunch of the shadows. The real loss when a Shadow is destroyed is the flexibility the technique has with multiple summons is reduced.

I assume Maharaga could still be summoned as part of a combination using Totality. However he does seem a somewhat special case so I'm not sure how easy it would be to do that or you could guarantee he kept the adaption ability. The wheel being independently summoned also implies imo it may be a separate tool that is now permanently gone.

We also don't know how long it takes for the power of a destroyed Shadow to be usable for Totality or even if Totality can be done off the cuff. Sukuna summons Agito without warning but we don't know if he did that on the fly or if he prepared it during the month after Gojo's return. My feeling is the shadows are off the table unless Megumi comes back.

The exception to destroyed shadows are combination shadows that are not Totality. Totality is a permanent merging of shadows that can't be undone. Megumi's combination Frog and Nue aren't official shadows so it doesn't matter how many get destroyed they don't count as destroying Nue or Frog.

ten shadows sounds pretty broken, you start sort of understanding why Sukuna was so confused about Megumi fleeing early in the manga

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i can't believe the women love a manga with hot guys being hot while doing cool stuff.

gojo and geto are extreme shojo bait

UnderFreddy fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 19, 2023

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

leaks are out. No Break Next Week

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i think the only way Gojo returns would be as a cursed tool of sorts or as a curse himself. Gojo as Gojo is dead

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

everything with maki is cool, and the series lived up to everything she was built up to be.

maybe the 'issues' surrounding itadori and nobara come from them being more editorial inserts than maki was? we know the whole thing being in a school wasn't something gege wanted to do (and he moved away from it pretty quick lol)

though I really cant see why you'd do all this "is she dead? is she??" wink nudge stuff if she was..just dead. Or in a coma or whatever. Unless the scene Itadori asks about her and Fushigoro replies negatively is meant to be the confirmation?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

in retrospect, the only bad thing about Naoyas return is his implication about "getting adult with mai"

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

PringleCreamEgg posted:

It really feels like the author and editorial had some strong disagreements about what happens to Nobara and so we end up with Schrödinger’s Nobara.

However I currently cope by convincing myself that Nobara is fine, but they had to trick Denji into thinking she is dead or out of commission because they want Sukuna to think Nobara is no longer a factor. Meanwhile she is standing by ready to drive a nail into his finger at a key moment or as the last ditch backup plan.

wouldn't we have seen her in the room then? Sukuna is out of Yuji, he can't see what they're doing

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i did like the idea of Nobara returning as a cursed item or something like that. Her attunement with the soul does lend itself to that idea. Otherwise she's just kind of the example of "jujutsu sorcerers just die sometimes and they die with regret"

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i think i'd rather have had the "NO DEATH PENALTIES ON CHRISTMAS HAHAHA" conclusion than this. Urgh.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

bit weird to start out praising their gender ambiguousness and then just call them "her" for the full post lol.

Chapter still sits weird with me. It doesn't feel earned, just sort of feels like Sukuna stumbles into win conditions.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

hmm.

You could maybe argue that the cursed tool would've lead to a worse team for the heroes than Shrine would. It seems incredibly strong.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Still waiting for the “actually that isn’t Suguru Geto, that’s Kenjaku who was also once a Noritoshi Kamo” to significantly matter. Geto could have just been a really talented jujutsu wizard and I don’t see how anything would change.

i feel like kenjaku being yujis mother has to matter in some way.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

my dream for season 3 of the anime is that the manga readers who despise the culling game arc won't be making GBS threads be on every anime episode in the anime thread. hope we can all get there some day.

my dream for the manga is the soul switching bullshit from Yuji lol. Hadn't even realised the possibility of him forcing it on Sukuna.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Taima posted:

This is almost under-selling it; he cratered almost everything. All of the politics, the sorcerer families, really even the concept of fighting geographically located curses as a duty to society that characterized the original manga intentions. Jujutsu High? Gone. Kyoto and all of the students who were clearly supposed to grow alongside Yuji? Gone. Principal Yaga? Done real dirty.

looking at jjk 0, i'm pretty sure that's the JJK that Gege wants. All of that other stuff was editor-mandated afaik.

Principal Yaga went out like a man.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Fabricated posted:

I feel like with some fairly light text editing you could cut multiple volumes out of the culling game and no new reader would notice.

counterpoint: hakari against the manga artist guy, the samurai guy and the sumo guy with Maki vs Naoya and THE MILITARY were all really funny.

also why would Todo be around. Just to sound smart while they're discussing? Man can't fight anymore

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Jerkface posted:

Why not? he's still a genius and should have his arm back. give him a cursed tool, give him a new CT. Miwa is around and she apparently cant fight!

Hmm. I imagined his soul getting damaged by Mahito wasn't just "your CT doesn't work", and more hurting his actual ability to use CE.
Good point on Miwa, though.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i remember being a bit pissed that Yuki died, but thinking about it, characters with her role in the story usually get jobbed.

I guess it's a bit annoying that the women get subbed into the roles where the characters are made to die, but it's better that they're around imo.

nobara was killed because her power was TOO STRONG. Fugoed out

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

need nobaras curse to come up and kill some Sukunas

also Gojo as a cursed tool

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

noobara

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

if anyone is insane enough to slap a stump of a cut-off hand, it's a jujutsu sorcerer.

it's a really fun world-building thing that all sorcerers are insane in their own way. A bit like most Hunters being lunatics too

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i wonder how they're going to adapt that in a satisfying way for the anime. Just speed through a massive explanation?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

if you are unsure on who is going to win, always bet on Hakari

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

you can't tell me anyone really cared about tsumiki

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

isnt the explanation "tengen is doing some weird poo poo" and we're still waiting for the payoff on that? I feel like that's fine?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

yeah, there's clearly some setup with both Kenjaku and Tengen still waiting to happen. This won't just be "beat Sukuna and roll credits".

didn't Kenjaku even imply that Tengen has deliberately hosed the current era sorcerers at points?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

tcbscans also apparently just makes stuff up sometimes. The whole "Shokos RCT is fundamentally stuff" wasn't anywhere. Best solution is to read all the scans imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

special grade still means the same stuff it's always meant? What makes you say otherwise?