Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is a drat good one. I started reading it after watching the first anime episode and being in love with how it looked, and I caught up very fast. The series has also only gotten more interesting with time, and this last arc has opened more than a few questions, like why Rika's back with Okkotsu and what he's actually aiming towards. If it ends up in a fight between both protagonists, then that makes sense, but his personality seems very different than what it was in Volume Zero. I wonder what happened there.

Also probably worth pointing out in the first post that the manga is being translated officially and the newest three chapters can be found for free in MangaPlus (Viz too probably)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Grouchio posted:

Does the author not give a poo poo about Nobara? It's been at least 15 chapters since she got her face melted and almost died.

Calm down. It's not like the series has ignored her, Yuuji straight up asked Fushiguro about her, and the fact that he hasn't given an answer makes it clear she must've been very badly hurt, or the author's setting something up here.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The world is going to change hard after this - of the three big families, one had their strongest member (and the strongest living being in the entire world) sealed, one's getting obliterated by one of their own which they cannot stop at all, and the Kamo family, while currently untouched, at least must be looking pretty sus for the rest of the world considering the one leading the curses is one of their own, even if it is one they have been more than clear they despise as well.

It will be interesting to see the state of Jujutsu society after all of this is over. At the very least, considering how successful Maki's rampage is being, the amount of big families is surely going down from three to two.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The new Ace Attorney sure looks different but the playable character having a cursed Stand is an innovative mechanic at least.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I did not expect Itadori to be referred to as "son" but maybe I haven't been paying very good attention

You seemingly haven't. We've already seen that Kenjaku is Itadori's mother. The big surprise here is that he seemingly actually cares for him, though I imagine it's purely because he can use him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1453175614433804289

Jujutsu Kaisen Zero is the one part of the manga I haven't read so I can't wait for the movie. Though even having read the manga, if S2 keeps the quality of S1, I definitely am going to keep watching the anime too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I trust Sukuna. He knows what he's doing. He's not going to gently caress up and make Megumi stronger. This guy has been at it for centuries, he knows his stuff.

The series has shown over and over again that trusting Sukuna is a terrible idea that always ends with the person trusting him in a horrible situation, but who am I to stop you?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Would Sukuna and the Falling Devil be friends?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Skipping weeks is cool frankly

Yeah, let the mangaka rest, their working schedule is inhuman. Everyone should get the Oda treatment, at the very least.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm very confused, like this chapter was meant to come next week and Shonen Jump accidentally skipped this week's. I actually had to go check if I missed one but no, it just randomly skipped from a situation to the exact opposite with no explanation.

I wouldn't mind this ending if it made sense, but this is not good. I hope we get context soon because this is very unsatisfying like this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

chiasaur11 posted:

He'll make Sakuna remember how they were best friends in juvie, so Sakuna will take the full force of Higuruma's sentencing to pay Yuji back for when they were younger.

His last line in the manga will be "8,600 years. But with good behavior, who knows?"

Sukuna's whole thing about knowing love but not caring about it being foreshadowing to his defeat by being force-fed completely fake love would be hilarious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

Come on we just got rid of Mahoraga

He'll find a way, don't underestimate how suicidal he can be.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hypocrisy posted:

It's really, really funny that Sukuna's character development is becoming the ultimate Itadori hater. Good chapter.

Someone has to take the place with Mahito dead.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

People pointing out Sukuna's character plus what I got from the manga (unbound by society's rules, detached from other people, constantly wishing to test himself, ungodly powerful, really likes food, having a sort of "nobility" to him despite all of the above) made me think...

...Is Sukuna Goku?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

All of that just makes me wish Jujutsu Kaisen got spinoffs showing other things in the setting, like MHA got Vigilantes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This chapter was rough, not in writing but in art. It was clearly not done. Gege needs a break, this reminds me of some of MHA's rougher chapters.