Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

drat, Hakari's busted. He's especially good if he gets to fight some small fry first to get the Jackpots rolling, but might struggle if he fought a tough opponent straight away.

Also for the next chapter I demand a reaction shot of Kashimo finding out the rules of the Domain! In fact, I want to see Hakari hit his domain on like every named character just to see how they'd react.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

LET'S loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOjo

Artelier fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 19, 2023

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Fight rocks so far but immediately felt bad for the animators

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Finally managed to read it, I think the only thing this chapter needs is some sense that time has passed since the last chapter. For most of this fight, we've basically just gone from end chapter -> start of chapter with no time elapsed, so it does have a jarring feel to it, like Gojo was merced offscreen. If there was maybe one panel at the start showing Sukuna smiling plus a bit of a gap before the next panel to represent time, or if maybe we got some semblance of what things looked like after the flashback, or maybe if the first few panels was something zooming closer and closer on Gojo's overconfident face, then it would be just that bit better for me.

Also, I don't think Nobara was in the afterlife part, so she's still alive!! Definitely!!!!!!!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Mindblast posted:

I want Sukuna to deal with pachinko bullshit.

i want hakari to participate in every battle just to see everyone's reaction to bring force fed the rules

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

great face

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

His two Cutting attacks were initially translated as Cleave and Dismantle, but the meanings in the kanji were for filleting and dissecting a fish. So they were just translated as Fillet and Dissect here.

oh that makes the opening taunt vs gojo make so much more sense

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Break next week, by the by.

Gege furiously studying the Japanese legal system.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Omg it really is Sukuna vs the Japanese legal system (as interpreted by Higuruma)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Apocron posted:

Positively giddy after this chapter. I feel like we’re starting a pachinko jackpot run as we roll over how hype the last fight was into how hype this fight is going to be.
I love Yuji's exasperation about the statute of limitations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I think it makes sense that Sukuna hates Yuji; not only did Sukuna spend a good chunk of time in Yuji, but Yuji's kind selflessness is in complete, direct opposition to Sukuna's deathmatch seeking hedonism. Of course Sukuna would find that grating and really want to rub it in.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yeah, maybe you're just in a bad luck zone where the media you consume is considered a rough patch by the fans. But even literally this thread was up on JJK like a month ago, when we had Takba and Kenjaku's Fanta-sea. Hajime No Ippo is on the up and up, the recently finished Dungeon Meshi got praise the whole way....

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sukuna theorises that Gojo has the last finger just before their fight since no one seems to be able to find it. Sukuna thinks Gojo just held on one indefinitely so that the JJK society can never complete their plan of kill of Itadori once all fingers are consumed.

That's the currently in canon theory of course. I know that obviously Gojo gave the last finger to Nobara, and when all hope is lost, she smashes that finger with a nail and turns the tides for the final battle, marking her return to the fray via Todo teleport.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yuta definitely has RCT, that's how he kissed cockroach to death and it's what skywarplady whispered to him upon her reveal.

Maybe Maki doesn't have RCT?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

MorningMoon posted:

Just finished his first chapter and I dig this Higuruma guy :sickos:

One of my favourites! His fight is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

JahRoo posted:

Curious if they'll be able to get the timing right when takaba kills that special grade with a bus

I'm imagining the episode beginning with the most bombastic intro for the special grade, opening song, smash cut to the curse becoming roadkill immediately