Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

That's what all the baddies say!

It just seems silly to leave a loose end that is going to go help people like Itadori who might pose a danger to you.

I think it's believable in character. Kenjaku just has the perspective that the threat they pose is on par with what an ant poses to a normal person. You'd think someone was crazy if they took time to stamp on every ant they saw. It's just as a reader we're familiar with the Bond trope and so can easily imagine this ant coming back to cause him trouble some day; but then that highlights how skewed Kenjaku's perspective really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
It was stated that a Ten Shadows User beat a Limitless user in the past so perhaps the reason for that is revealed next chapter?

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I think the hard cut to Gojo being dead was an interesting choice but putting that hard cut between chapters rather than in the middle of a chapter was a mistake.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
This manga is peak weird power fighting which is what I want out of my battle manga. HXH and Jojo would be proud.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Anyone who is enjoying this and is curious about Japanese comedy might consider trying “Show-ha Shoten!” a try for manzai or “Akane-banashi” for rakugo.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Positively giddy after this chapter. I feel like we’re starting a pachinko jackpot run as we roll over how hype the last fight was into how hype this fight is going to be.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Its just disappointing because I don’t think we had the information that confiscation would 100% target the cursed tool. If it chose the tool by chance then that would be an acceptable outcome. If Sukuna had figured out that loophole and declared it outright that might be cool. But instead we get a text box saying that Higuruma and Sukuna both realized their chance of success was a sham except Gege fails to show their reasoning.

I guess this is the second time we’ve had a situation where there’s been a sudden turnaround, but just like Gojo being bisected this also feels weakly executed rather than demonstrating overwhelming power.

Still looking forward to seeing what the team up manages but disappointed the Higuruma strat fumbled the ball after the Takaba strat was so fun to read.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Maybe it's a tranlsation problem but it says that:

quote:

But Sukuna and Higurama had realized that the chance of success was a sham.

If the target of punishment is carrying a cursed tool then confiscation applies not to a cursed technique but to the cursed tool.

So when did they realize Higuruma had a 0% chance exactly? During the trial? after the confiscation? If it was after the confiscation and return to reality then how did they realize that the chance of confiscation was 100% directed toward the cursed tool? Surely, as far as they're aware, the tool is confiscated but it was 50/50 between the tool and Malevolent shrine?

And if Sukuna realized even before the trial (based on deduction from Yuji's experience) perhaps he was deliberately holding the tool in preparation for Higuruma's attack. Which would be fine but again there's no real explanation of how he came to that conclusion.

Besides that I thought it was a good point someone made about weapons being confiscated before a trial so he shouldn't really have been in court carrying a weapon? This is a weaker point but if the logic for the confiscation is that a murderer holding a weapon will have the weapon confiscated in preference to any ability because the judge determines it as a the murder weapon, then surely the potential murder weapon should have been confiscated before the trial.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Hypocrisy posted:

It's really, really funny that Sukuna's character development is becoming the ultimate Itadori hater. Good chapter.

Yeah, this chapter was actually a huge recovery move in my eyes. Really excited to see the next stage in the fight.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I may not reach the same highs reading this battle as I have with others but as a demonstration of slowly chipping away at an insurmountable enemy I can appreciate it. I don’t know if I’ve ever read a manga with such a grueling breakdown of the strongest enemy.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Feeling frustrated by the fight makes the catharsis this chapter so much stronger/satisfying.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I think I could watch Yuji non-stop Black Flash Sukuna for another 3 or 4 chapters and not get bored of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
:gbsmith: Makes me happy that we’re back to peak JJK in the final (?) fight. Especially when I see how the end of MHA is going. I think the Takaba fight is what restored my faith in the manga and it hasn’t been misplaced.