Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

And she can't really be blamed for anything given that the one who gave her the scars was probably the 2nd or 3rd most powerful Curse Spirit we have seen, and everyone else who got burned by him died.

I'm sure her lovely family will find a way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I do enjoy that this is a really good look at why Nanami wanted absolutely nothing to do with these people and only came back at all because the work itself was fulfilling.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Some strong Luffy vs Bellamy vibes from how that ended

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

Wow maki is fighting a digimon, i hope she’s dead so her bad character finally leaves and we get itadori or megumi back

Very normal reaction to a fight that's just kinda there

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

yum posted:

Gege may be using Naoya to show what happens when sorcerers turn into cursed spirits to introduce the 3 big Vengeful Spirits into the story line. They may even be Kenjaku's rumoured "bomb". The 3 big jujutsu families are most likely descended from them, with Gojo and Yuta being related to Michizane Sugawara.

Yeah it's my assumption that this is essentially being used to set up a foundation for something related to these transformations in the future.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao i love it

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

what even is the loving point of this lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sukuna's "lol hold up this is gonna be really loving funny, watch" was incredible.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

He's just quite literally history's greatest monster

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

all other things aside, i certainly dont think it's out of character for gojo to have just brutally killed them so i dont think the apparent method is particularly telling

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

jjk’s official localization also seems extremely bad. worse than anything else in jump right now

it really is. even beyond just accuracy, their word choice just always comes off as so incredibly stilted and lacking in weight.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Collapsing Farts posted:

It didnt upset me, so I guess I like his style

Same

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

So if im reading this situation correctly, it seems that the ultimate outcome of this in practical terms was:

-Sukuna loses Mahoraga
-Sukuna gains an incredibly specialized attack that is primarily useful against one person (now dead) and their cursed technique but otherwise not innately better than his default slashes when it comes to the rest of the cast

Which, if accurate, is ultimately a pretty good trade I'd think

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

Unless it does turn out that Sukuna's 4th ability could have circumvented Infinity. Gojo could have killed a pinnacle 10 shadow user as well as Sukuna in a 1v1 because the only reason this victory even happened is because Sukuna possessed a technique that he could augment with knowledge gained from Mahoraga. Gojo shouldn't be fluffing Sukuna.

I mean, why shouldn't he? Sukuna got a read on Gojo's abilities and then basically started working on setting up ways to circumvent them. He exhibited absolutely masterful understanding and usage of cursed techniques well beyond his own. That he needed the 10 shadows isnt really relevant - he was presented a trial in the form of someone he was a bad technique matchup against and overcame it. If you flip their roles in the story it'd be incredibly triumphant.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah, its one of those things where i view it as "....and if another method exists, Sukuna is who I'd bet on to find it."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The opening sequence to this week's episode was extremely funny to see after reading this prior lol

Conspiratiorist posted:

It's because Gojo was humbled.

From general reading around I feel like a lot of the negativity I see stems from not taking it well that, yes, Sukuna humbled the gently caress out of Gojo - that Sukuna actually was right when he said that Gojo was only considered the strongest because he was born in an era where Sukuna was dormant. Of course, where Sukuna was wrong was in calling Gojo mediocre - he wasn't, and Sukuna's given the most acknowledgment someone like him can over that. But that's not a balm to the loser, which is what Gojo is even if he took some meaningful tools out of Sukuna's hands.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 22, 2023

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

So apparently TCB did at least one post-release edit to instead have Gojo simply say that the fight would have been close even if Sukuna didn't have the 10 shadows vs the "would have lost anyway" wording they used originally. Curious to see the official now, because boy did that initial wording get people to mald.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Gojo's legs are about to start kicking rear end now that everyone's defenses are down.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It owns lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Was there as much complaining about the Geto reveal when it happened in the manga as there seems to be from the anime.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Every other thread has kicked that poo poo out and I don't see why this should be any different.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I don't think it's really the order so much as that for some reason people just genuinely seemed to take it at face value that Geto was still alive and that head scar was just...a design choice, I guess?. Also an extremely weird dash of "so why even revisit him in Hidden Inventory if he's dead? That was pointless."

It's been very strange to me.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I love him.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Sukuna fight has taught me what love is: watching an antagonist completely live up to his billing as he mulches folks

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tosk posted:

That said, are we sure he's dead? I mean the Heian age flashback and Sukuna philosophical monologuing has meant that when it's popped up before but it would be nice if we got visual confirmation.

I'll be honest I love that the last panel Kashimo apparently got while alive is his impending death lol. Just so completely hosed that there's no need to even show the deathblow that probably happened a fraction of a second later

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

She lost a coinflip and I'm ok with that.

Choso also only came out of that alive due to her and he at least got information out of it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Speaking of which man I can't wait for Yuji vs Choso next week

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I liked the Yuki/Kenjaku fight because of that page where they both realized it was gonna be a huge pain the rear end

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Conspiratiorist posted:

Watching Shibuya with my anime-only buddies:

"First all-girls team up in the series and they need to get rescued from the no-name twink by a big strong man."
"Yuji and Fushiguro wouldn't need rescuing from this guy."
"It's okay; the author is a woman so it's not sexist."
"Is... Gege Akutami a woman?"
"She is, isn't she? Otherwise, oh no laughs."
Nobara deflects the hand blade and dude tells her to 'read the room' "Don't interrupt the scene; men are talking."
"This isn't really selling me on Nobara being 'the third protagonist' if that's what they were going for."
"It's just Yuji and Fushiguro."
"No, the third protagonist is Gojo laughs."
"Oh my god - he just told her to go back to the kitchen!"

I'm starting to realize why my impressions of Nobara's place in the story seemingly differs from those of the internet fanbase.

Good lord that seems miserable

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Or just keep that poo poo elsewhere until we have an actual translated chapter as usual.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fabricated posted:

lol this dude is straight up worse than afo

who hurt you to give you this kind of reaction to this chapter lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Kenjaku loving owns

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loving golden ratio prostration lmao

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah they hosed it up. On the page it was incredibly snappy with the feel that it came down to split-second decision making (plus the additional narration to make it more obvious that Mahito made sure she couldn't see both bodies to realize what was going in the short amount of time she had). Way it was handled in the anime just made her look stupid.

That said lol that this is what people flip the gently caress out at. Nanami goes out in one of the physically grossest, most humiliating deaths in the entire manga literally right before this and that's no problem but this is Too Far.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 1, 2023

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Brought To You By posted:

I ultimately don't think we needed the sumo wrestler or the blind swordsman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

They made the right choice