Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Game abandoned, failed to fill.

A typical scene at the end of Monday Nitro.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
>> Resource guide for newer players <<
- - - - - - - - - - - -
It's been a good while since the last one and we all had a good time, so I figure why not try again!

This will be a game for 14 players. Most of you will be TOWN aligned. Some of you will be SCUM aligned. TOWN's goal is to eradicate all threats to themselves. SCUM wants to kill most of the TOWN players until they are either at parity with or hold majority against them. Most players will only have their vote to rely on, but some of you might have special Power Roles. There will be no Cult role in this game.

This game runs on two cycles, Day Phase and Night Phase.

During the Day Phase the thread is open for everyone to discuss the game and try to figure out who the scum are. If you're scum, you certainly don't want town to know about it! People vote during the day phase by typing [b]##VOTE (player name)[/ b]. A majority of the votes are needed to eliminate a player from the game. Town wants to try to vote off the scum obviously as that is their strongest method getting closer to their win condition. Scum want to lie and try to convince players to vote off someone who is town instead. There is the possibility that some players may be neither scum nor town, but instead want to win based on their own personal agenda! There is a deadline set for when the vote must be achieved. If a majority is reached, then the :redhammer: is slammed down and the day ends immediately. If a majority vote is not reached by the deadline though, then NOBODY is eliminated from the game.

Night Phase, the thread is closed. During the night phase, scum will have the ability to kill a player, removing them from the game before the next day. Other players who have Power Roles will usually get to use their actions during the Night Phase as well. It's up to you to use them wisely.

The game will cycle through Day and Night until one side has achieved victory.

This thread will feature a heavy 1990s World Championship Wrestling flavor, but try not to get too hung up on roles. Flavor will impact who is scum and who is town, but the SCUM will have fake claims anyway, so don't waste time with Flavor arguments for alignment. Just enjoy the window dressing!

Some basic rules

1. :siren:DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS WHEN THE GAME STARTS:siren:
2. don't fake day actions (day actions are codified the same way as votes, ##(action) (player)
3. don't post if you're dead.
4. don't copy/paste messages from the mods/from any masonchats or scumchats. they can be faked anyway, all doing this does is hurt the spirit of the game. don't do it.
5. don't lurk once the game starts. At the end of each Day Phase, players with less than 10 posts in the thread for the Day Phase will be placed on notice. If any player on notice makes less than ten posts again on a further day phase, or if they edit their posts and get caught, they will be killed by Ref Aubrey! have their beard shaved by Tank Abbott!

Don't let this happen to you.

SIGNUPS
1. Bluedeanie
2. The Taxman
3. LobsterMobster
4. Pinstripe Hourglass
5. frankenfreak
6. Maigius
7. Gumball Gumption
8. raeg
9. MorningMoon
10. Mob
11. Codependent Poster
12. SalTheBard

alternates
1. karmicknight

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I will play the mafia game with you, my friends and allies

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I don't know if this will get going, but I'll play.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I am ready to try and die at this thing

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I want to play the mafia game, yes

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I haven't played Mafia in years, but yeah, let's do this.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I'm in this.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'll play

Also now I want a bring your favorite wrestler mafia so that it ends up being 15 Maki Itoh's.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
I haven't played in a long time, I'll sign up

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I would but I watched the first couple days of some other one(just a barrel of shitposting/accusing and...really nothing else) and tried to read the rules but I can't really figure it out, I'm too dumb sorry

(tbf this almost makes me want to sign up anyways)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mob posted:

I would but I watched the first couple days of some other one(just a barrel of shitposting/accusing and...really nothing else) and tried to read the rules but I can't really figure it out, I'm too dumb sorry

(tbf this almost makes me want to sign up anyways)
if ur Town try to figure out who is full of poo poo and vote them.

if ur scum do the above but lie

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah let's do this

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

JOHN CENA posted:

if ur Town try to figure out who is full of poo poo and vote them.

if ur scum do the above but lie

oh ok I'm in

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Put me down as an alternate/in case you don't run out of space.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Just a reminder, I don't know how to play this game but you can only beat me via spiteful poisoned jury

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3555598

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

People should sign up for this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah its a sweet setup

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I've never played but I'll sign up. Just go easy on me because I'll probably be very bad and not able to post while I'm at work.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

play my game you cowards.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
People should sign up because I imagine it will be good and also fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I would like to play Mafia with PS(TJ)P