Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
That was some ride by Pedro Acosta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Cant believe Miller didnt get a penalty for that bullshit with Mir, he's been having temper tantrums all weekend because the Pramacs are beting him.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Skreemer posted:

Marky Marc can still ride the bike but his stamina seems to be taking a hit, he looked really bothered before going out on track for the last qualifying run.

Yeah, I think it'll be a struggle for him to finish the race, especially on a rollercoaster of a track like Portimao.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sad news about Dupasquier. I had a bit of hope when they showed a replay of the crash yesterday but it didnt look good.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sickener

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Bold strategy out of Zarco there, snatch pole then cause a yellow flag. Cunning.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Marc won that through sheer force of will,and the fact that Aleix backed everyone up when the rain warning flags came out while Marc just put his head down and went for it.

I have to say all the fuckacting and hand waving during qualyifying was really annoying.
Its one thing having the dumb teens in moto3 doing it. But alex marquez taking his hand off the throttle mid turn to wave at Miller and almost causing a 3 bike pile up should have got him put to the back of the grid.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

builds character posted:

This is the problem.

Everyones just biding their time to get Acosta on a GP bike now

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

algebra testes posted:

Acosta got run over :(

That would have been the dumbest way to get really badly hurt or killed.
They need to have the flags as lights on the bikes dash, everyone that was racing in that pack bar Acosta and McPhee had already taken the chequered flag.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Valentino just confirmed that he's retiring at the end of the season.
I've been watching him race since the 125 days and he's a couple of months older than me.
It feels like a more of a milestone than I expected that now I can no longer say that there are MotoGP races older than me.
:corsair:

echomadman fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 5, 2021

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Collateral Damage posted:

Is he going into WRC now like he's been talking about for years, or is he too old for that?

He said he wants to go race 'cars' but wasnt any more specific than that.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Good racing in Moto3 and Moto2.

MotoGP has the hardest working cleanup crew on the calender back in action again

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

the paradigm shift posted:

that was a lot more fire than I'm used to seeing from these bikes

With only 2.5 laps in they both had pretty much full tanks.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

algebra testes posted:

"Red Bull Ring too dangerous"

Red Flag Ring

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

the paradigm shift posted:

oh yeah forgot to post in actual news, petronas is leaving gp. the moto3 and 2 teams will be shuttered and SRT needs to find a new sponsor for next year. it seems really weird that they'd just leave like that considering the southeast asia bike market and their bikes were up front last year.

I'd say that 2 years with no races at their home track combined with the dismal performance from Rossi, and paradoxically his retirement, along with having to make do with whatever crap Yamaha have left from 2 seasons ago has soured Petronas on the value of the partnership.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
What a move by Brad.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

SocksAndSandals posted:

On another note, watching these Moto E bikes go quietly around the track is super strange.

They do really satisfying burnouts

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

At least when riding the Aprillia the problems probably will be with the bike and not between his ears.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Slavvy posted:

Possibly the most undeserving promotion since Xavier Simeon

Its all about getting people in to buy more Union Jack themed tshirts.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Slavvy posted:

I never thought I'd ever say this because he's so fucken hopeless but: Sam Lowes would've been a drastically better choice if it's a passport issue

Dixon is still a Petronas rider till the end of the season, out of their stable though it would have been interesting to see John McPhee get a shot on a big bike.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Collateral Damage posted:

Did motogp.com just poo poo the bed for anyone else? Like a minute before race start the site kicked me off the stream.

The account profile page just says "We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this brief suspension of service." so presumably something on the back end broke and the player can't verify my videopass status.

Yeah its just back now in a non-rewindable limited version. loving wankers, Searching twitter to see if they made any announcement just delivered a feed of spoilers posted by the Motogp official account, they finally acknowledged the problem with 3 laps left.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
they just posted the full race link
https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2021/08/29/monster-energy-british-grand-prix-motogp-race/388924

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat that was some air that Acosta got, they were really lucky no one got hit by a bike.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

They refer to a specific warning that all the teams were given before this race so they're cracking down extra hard.
3 kids killed this year across the junior classes, they're lucky they didnt add another one or two to that tally this weekend.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
That was tense. I thought Bastianini was going to skittle Fabio on that last lap.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

One day I might get sick of watching marky marc eat poo poo in Q1, but today is not that day.

how about in WUP
https://imgur.com/a/KFP2eOC

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Slavvy posted:

Files time I guess

Annoyingly its very hard to distinguish which ones have the subs and which ones have the stupid dubbing.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
I wonder if Aleix can keep it up and make Jorge eat his scarf

https://twitter.com/lorenzo99/status/1368910979212345349

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ducati lockout 1-5 on the grid. Turn 1 is going to be interesting tomorrow

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

busalover posted:

So Bastianini drives a Ducati but is not part of the Ducati Team. Is his machine an entirely different beast, build-wise? One of the tv hosts said something about old Ducati model vs new Ducati model, but I don't think they just sold him last year's model.

Its last years factory bike and the seasons worth of setup data that came with it.
The 2022 Duc seems to be a bit more sensitive to setup and they've wasted a lot of their development time on the front ride height device that they havent been able to use properly and which is banned for next season.
Ducati could probably have walked away with this season if they'd just made some incremental improvements on the 2021 bike for Pecco and Jack.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/GSIwJ4S.mp4

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bomb-omb Texting posted:

Have any of you been to watch the races in person? What was your experience and would you recommend going? I myself would have the opportunity to go and watch the Kymiring GP but I'm not sure if it's worth the tickets and drive.

I've been to Assen a bunch of times and Jerez once, I think its well worth going to a GP even if its just once. Assen is great and efficiently run in terms of transport to the circuit and facilities when you're there, Jerez is a bit more chaotic and harder to get to and from.
This is the first year in the Kymiring so its an unknown in terms of fan experience, but i'm hoping to go there next year if it looks good this season, assuming the russians dont start special military operating in Finland in the interim.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
drat that was a great Moto3 race.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

busalover posted:

Well that was dramatic.

Moto3 races on wide tracks like this are always super entertaining, they can take so many different lines through each section.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Dorna announcing a new race format for next year, going to WSBK style superpole/half race distance sprint races on saturdays.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
What an amazing ride by Sasaki.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
:japan:
I feel sorry for Taka having to follow up those two races.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Race rust on Marcs part or just bad luck with the Fabio incident?
Regarding flagging him it was 3 corners later there would hardly be time and he'd have been unlikely to see and respond to it before the bike disintegrated under him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
What a race, holy poo poo.