Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
I grew up in northern Ontario surrounded by reservations, and with a large native population in my high school. Residential schools were never once brought up.

Also Sassafras finally ate an actual ban and month probation, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

This is so loving awesome.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Jesus Christ. I support the NDP but ... Jesus Christ. I guess I know how a Leafs fan feels now. She's up against two terrible opponents and this is her line.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/LJDYGK/status/1427741340641767429

This is so stupid. You know they're gonna come out and blame some marketing company and pretend they never saw these before they were mailed out.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Chicken posted:

Tried to get my second shot for the second time and just couldn't do it. They offered a medical exemption, but on the nurse's advice I'll try one more time after I smoke a poo poo-load of weed. So hopefully that works.

All the exposure therapy, CBT, etc was completely useless so honestly unsure how I'm going to get my second dose. Fingers crossed the weed works. It's just such a loving mess to work through when I don't have a family doctor and can't even see the same walk in doctors each time. I'm just so exhausted at how poo poo our mental healthcare is. There's a therapist who deals in phobias but he's like $250 an hour. Would probably vote PPC if their mental health proposition was clearly the best (thankfully that won't be an issue).
I know people who have had good experiences with using Xanax or Ativan for that FWIW.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Wow, why would nobody bounce him out of that loving event?? LOL, he probably exposed a hundred people to COVID.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

quote:

Dr. Deena Hinshaw also said in a Zoom meeting with Primary Care Network physicians on Monday night that she "deeply" regrets her part in contributing to a narrative that "COVID's over."
Ah hahahahahhaha who could have seen this coming??

(From https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/deena-hinshaw-covid-alberta-fourth-wave-1.6175012)

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

nine-gear crow posted:

Doesn't r/canada STILL has an out and proud Neo Nazi moderator? Or was finally dealt with?

They sure do! I even private chatted with him once recently after he expressed remorse for his opinions. He was like, what can I do to show people that's not me? I advised him to stop being a moderator and he blocked me, haha.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
I wonder if there was pressure from the federal Conservatives to hold off on this until the day after the election; Kenney clearly took marching orders to shut the gently caress up for the last few weeks.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Boy I love construing the PPC, with a core platform of not allowing half of my loving family to live here, as the "anti-establishment party". Yeah three hundred racist white guys, that's certainly nothing like the establishment we've had our entire lives.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
LOL oh okay there's a couple women! This one is 100% taking horse medicine.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Toalpaz posted:

I moved away from Chang's riding. I got his emails all election. :(
Same, I miss that guy! He busted rear end in the community and lost to "I saw them on TV" :(

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Yeah committing party seppuku because one of your candidates supported Palestine is super woke.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Fart Amplifier posted:

Can you please actually provide evidence of this? I advocate for single transferrable vote. Can you please explain how this means I'm trying to stack the cards for my team?
They're saying people who want to stay with the current FPTP are keeping the cards stacked for their team, not you.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Muscle Tracer posted:

I heard the "How old are you now?" thing a few times growing up in the States, but definitely never the counting thing.
Grew up near Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and heard the counting thing a bunch up there.

Less Fat Luke fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 22, 2021

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Yep, already been to a couple restaurants that have been using the scanning app to verify the Ontario code. Seems pretty smooth.

Edit: Although weirdly the Keg wasn't using it, you'd think the big chains would by now.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Hopefully more and more start using it, seems like a gigantic loving waste of time and money to require us to show the QR code but not require the restaurant to verify it.

e;f,b

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
If you find ones you like on there you can often just order them for cheaper from the manufacturer too (like https://shop.vitacore.ca/products/can99-respirator). I bought a bunch and my nose is too big :(

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Poodlebear posted:

The Wire, in its wisdom, taught us that there are good and bad cops, just as there are good and bad criminals. It’s hard for me to imagine that’s a controversial take now, but here we are.
Yeah and every good cop will do anything to prevent the bad cops from being held accountable.

I was in downtown Toronto working on an office move the weekend of the G20 back in 2010 and was loving kettled, detained and harassed by what seemed like the entire police force and you know what? Every one of those motherfuckers on the street wore a covering over their name tags. They put one of my coworkers in a loving *dog cage* and never bothered making up a charge to press, letting him out after about 8 hours which was later part of a class action law suit.

So yeah get hosed LOL.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
The forums equivalent of "uh it was just a prank", good.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Same! I've had pretty much every symptom since Friday - did a PCR on Saturday and I'm still waiting on the results. Good luck!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Yeah Ford is definitely going to delay more (the rumour is two weeks) to let more kids get vaccinated. I can't imagine how stressful it'd be to have kids during this horseshit.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Vintersorg posted:

CBC had a story on Macron in France basically telling plague rats to get hosed or "piss off" and to start denying services. I stand with him on that. It's their fault this thing still wreaks havoc.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/rates-bonds/frances-macron-rules-out-new-covid-19-curbs-ahead-wednesday-meeting-2022-01-04/

You should have seen /r/Canada meltdown about EI being denied if you get fired for not complying with your jobs vaccine mandates. I feel like that move is already further than anything Macron would do.

Edit: 4700 comments lol https://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comments/rt5hq3/unvaccinated_workers_who_lose_jobs_ineligible_for/

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
God I miss when I didn't know what they were

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Also, from the article:

quote:

She said that ahead of the scheduled return trip, some people were putting Vaseline up their noses in an attempt to thwart COVID-19 testing.
You know, cause 30 of them tested positive.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Wow I'm glad my taxes are paying Navigator, surely this is more reasonable than the cops having done even the bare minimum about this week long chud fest.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Seems a little more serious than the one still:
https://twitter.com/TiMunoz/status/1490473045965815812

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Yeah gently caress I shouldn't engage.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Wow Hillier says he's not running for re-election. Good riddance lol.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

infernal machines posted:

Poilievre is not going to become Prime Minister.

Poilievre is not even going to win the CPC leadership. Poilievre is a gasbag who gets a lot of press because he never shuts up, not because he's a serious candidate for leadership.

He's a piece of poo poo but the front-runner in all the polls for Con leadership (well, behind "None of these" and "Don't know" LOL)

Edit: This is from a month ago and I suspect he got a bump since from being so prominent in the stupid convoy.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
tabernac!

[raspberry blowing noise]

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Peanut butter everywhere?? Is that the Canadian polite version of smearing feces on the walls?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

PT6A posted:

I swear some of the people in this thread were marched to Toronto and Vancouver at gunpoint and forced to live there forevermore.

The problem is not that Canada doesn't have enough land, it's that apparently everyone wants to live in the same loving two tiny squares of it and can't be convinced otherwise.
This is happening all over the country, even shitholes where I'm from like Sault St. Marie and Sudbury have seen home sales increases over the last few years. I briefly looked at the east coast as well (NS and Newfoundland) and things have gone through the roof in all the listings I've seen. It's not just a Toronto and Vancouver phenomenon lol.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
I for one love having trucks cut in front of me to roll coal for driving a hybrid, what's not to love about Alberta

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
It was the one time I drove there, first pandemic summer so 2020 I guess. Sorry for not saving a dashcam video of it for you.

Also my partner is non-white and like everywhere we went she was stared at but you know being from near Sault St. Marie she's used to that now so Alberta wasn't unique in that sense.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

PT6A posted:

Yes, here in Calgary we don't know what non-white people are. We certainly don't have any here. We elected Nenshi because we assumed, based on his skin, he was some sort of super-intelligent alien.

Do I believe you might have been walking around with a massive chip on your shoulder? Yeah, frankly, I do.
I didn't claim everyone was racist, nor did I mention Calgary. Much like northern Ontario there are absolutely large stretches of towns and areas where people gawk at you, I grew up in them and it's sadly nothing new to me.

Also is Nenshi your "POC friend" PT6A? Did the US stop being racist when Obama was elected? LOL.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Also outside of PT6A being himself I am so looking forward to several years of Pierre being outraged at the housing crisis with no actual plan. What depresses me though is that usually works with people - as long as you're pissed off at the same thing or blaming the same scapegoat (cough cough foreign investors) it seems real easy to play a populist hand into winning an election. Especially if Trudeau is still the front-runner when the NDP deal is done.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

PT6A posted:

Right. I'm with you, I loving hate rural Alberta, I hate going through it, I hate being in it, I hate their politics, I hate what they've done to this province.

What I'm saying is that Calgary and Edmonton are both perfectly livable, modern cities where you can get a detached house for under a million dollars.
Yeah dude I don't wanna be loving surrounded by that. It sucks.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

PT6A posted:

You just said the same thing exists in Ontario and, having lived in rural BC, I assure you it also exists in BC outside the lower mainland. This is exactly the point I'm trying to make: everywhere is having housing problems, but certain places are having them much, much worse and it's largely because of weird conceptions about the entire country outside those two metro areas.
I'm from a town of like 600 people; it's surprisingly fine. It definitely happens sometimes in the Sault, Sudbury, Parry Sound especially (which still has an Oriental section in the grocery store). Small town Alberta was next level. Been there, no thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

infernal machines posted:

Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and, uh, Halifax?
Hamilt- lol just kidding