Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Srice posted:

I was lukewarm on Lupin part 5 but I'm feeling confident that part 6 is gonna rule.

Part 5 felt too much like Part 4 Season 2 to me to really justify it being a whole 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Part 5 felt too much like Part 4 Season 2 to me to really justify it being a whole 5.

Agreed. I'm hopeful this one will feel different enough.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Perversely interested in how bad the MuvLuv anime will be. A billion hours of VN, jammed into one season. A franchise that has never had a decent anime adaption.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Has it actually been confirmed it's only one season? I can't find anything that says how long it is one way or the other

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

total eclipse got a continuous 24 episodes so i dont really see any reason they couldnt swing at least that many for the actual game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

total eclipse got a continuous 24 episodes so i dont really see any reason they couldnt swing at least that many for the actual game.

Perhaps they are, in fact, extremely stupid

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is the isekai tide starting to ebb? I only see 5, and two of those are second seasons.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
some of them got pushed back because making 40 anime in a year is harder than kadokawa thought

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at least one was pushed to next season, with kadokawa's asinine 40 goal i don't expect it'll get much better even if we're at low tide rn

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/maiyuki1929/status/1431090313200738304?s=20

The only thing I can find is the director's twitter saying that after finishing ep 7 they were now over halfway done, according to a google tl

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

muv luv's tv slot is taken in january by heike monogatari so it'd have to be split cour if it was longer

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

Is the isekai tide starting to ebb? I only see 5, and two of those are second seasons.

i did a rough count on MAL and there's around 20 announced for 2022 already.

i dont think they're gonna go away on their own, something different needs to have a mega-hit and rock the boat

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Excited for 86. Good stuff coming up this season.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Baki: still insane, still great, still bad CG

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Space Flower posted:

satojun has made perfect anime as recently as the doremi 20th movie (and probably aria movies this year but i didnt see the one thats out yet), i have no reason to doubt decades of success off the back of one work with mixed reactions

virgin amanchu: "your love is different from mine right?"

chad doremi 20th: "i dont need women because i have onpu-chan" (paraphrased slightly)

i dont care about all this, i wont forgive the man for his greatest crime: kaleido star

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Any screenshots or previews for mieruko yet? I want to see how bad the no doubt cgi horrors will be

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I don't blame the comphet parts of Amanchu season 2 on Sato Jun as that's the manga but a lot of Season 2 outside of that was just boring or dragged in places before I dropped the series and that I do blame that on the director.
that stuff was also boring and dragged in the manga

sato jun was brought in amanchu s2 specifically to be closer to the manga

the manga was bad

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Any screenshots or previews for mieruko yet? I want to see how bad the no doubt cgi horrors will be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_TGzj7oU8

i mean there's the pv from the op. the effects are so heavy on them i don't think it'll matter much if they use it, but at worst case it seems they'd be mixing in with the sort of 2d stuff you see there.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Having just binged World Trigger, I am greatly looking forward to the third season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm sure the creator would'e been pissed off if they didn't at least try and nail the aesthetic of the horrors from the manga.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

In their fall announcements, Crunchyroll is also mentioning High Guardian Spice.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/09/21-1/crunchyroll-announces-fall-2021-lineup

Is it an anime? Doesn't matter to me. I'll try giving it the 3 episode test, but I have a feeling that I'm not quite the audience for it. At any rate, I sure would like to see how it turns out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

dogsicle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD_TGzj7oU8

i mean there's the pv from the op. the effects are so heavy on them i don't think it'll matter much if they use it, but at worst case it seems they'd be mixing in with the sort of 2d stuff you see there.
whoops, missed that it had a pv link. The preview doesn't help a whole lot since it barely shows any good shots or cuts away before you'd see a face most of the time. Still, doesn't look bad all around, looks promising. Especially curious how much of the manga it'll cover, or how many chapters per episode it'll cram in.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://twitter.com/anime_shikimori/status/1443863506588209152?s=20
Yesyesyesyes :woop:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

aquatope suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks why make thing that just miserable all the time fuk u aquatope.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Haven't gotten around to watching the new episode yet, sounds like they turned it up to full melodrama.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Would be a step up considering the current state as misery is an emotion

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm actually glad this season seems kind of weak. I will finally watch Jujutsu Kaisen, and other anime in my backlog.

Only thing, that stands out for me now is Saihate no Paladin.

I finished the first season of 86, but I have no interest in the second season.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
i'm in the minority that quite liked the first half of aquatope, but the new ep was the first anime in a while that made me genuinely mad lol. The PR Director at the new aquarium's a textbook example of an IRL abusive boss, a workplace bullying lawsuit waiting to happen, but the way the episode was framed i'm like 80% sure we're going to learn he's just harsh because he loves the aquarium and wants it to succeed, and Kukuru will have to learn to work with him as part of growing up.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

heres a new PV for garanndoll that actually shows the robots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAhdQZw_WKU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

FINALLY!!! They announced that MONTHS ago.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

huh. that is not the tone i would have expected for a story about fascist alternate timeline japan conquering regular japan.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Tales of Woe posted:

I like the SD mecha designs

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I hope we’re all hype for AOTS: Build Divide: #000000

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the awful offal trash poo poo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The New Prime Minister of Japan is a big Demon Slayer Fan. He wants to boost the incomes of workers in the manga/anime industry.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I am hype for hockey idols

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kishida's mostly seen as a safe pair of hands by the ldp but at least he talks an okay game about getting more money away from megacorps and to the middle class. the anime/manga industry pay thing is probably part of him trying to project that image. who knows if it'll pan out though.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

kishida's mostly seen as a safe pair of hands by the ldp but at least he talks an okay game about getting more money away from megacorps and to the middle class. the anime/manga industry pay thing is probably part of him trying to project that image. who knows if it'll pan out though.

yeah i wouldn't support a politician based solely on them liking the same thing i do. i don't follow japanese politics so i can't really judge kishida, but that sounds all right

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So loving excited for hockey anime. I dont even care if its 90% SoL and only 10% actual hockey, I am still here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i want a dream monkeys jersey real bad