Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I finished the first season of 86, but I have no interest in the second season.
Why out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Debating if I want hockey idols to do the flying V

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why out of curiosity?

I just thought it wasn't very good? aside from the male lead and female lead, none of the other characters really grabbed my interest and the setting isn't that great either. I only really finished the first season of 86 because I was almost done, and the setting has the potential to be interesting that it never really followed through on.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i keep forgetting to watch the last ep of 86 cuz it had endings like three eps in a row. the show i watched finished like its done there's nothing more. its bewildering it got a second season.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

give me a second season of Vivy while we are at this, make it so the robot goes back in time once more and makes a better ending.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

i keep forgetting to watch the last ep of 86 cuz it had endings like three eps in a row. the show i watched finished like its done there's nothing more. its bewildering it got a second season.
its based on a light novel that is still ongoing

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A light novel that was submitted as a one-and-done volume for a contest...........then was popular enough to make more. That is why Season 1 ended the way it did.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH-NIME › Fall Season 2021: Pumpkin Spice Mecha Latte

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The show actually did a better job of handling the ending there given the continued story since the first LN basically spoils the next book and a half by telling you how things pan out for a while as an epilogue.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
86 went from a very bleak 1 volume story to a pretty standard ln series. s2 is gonna have to work hard to keep my interest.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tales of Woe posted:

heres a new PV for garanndoll that actually shows the robots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAhdQZw_WKU
super robot wars samurai pizza cat robots

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

who did this, and why

https://files.catbox.moe/fiiz7e.webm

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

RIP in Tang.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I loved pretty much everything about MUTEKING except the 3D fight/skate sequence.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
gonna watch

Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu
Mieruko-chan
Platinum End
Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu
Visual Prision

possibly some others

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

also: lots of cute vampires this season

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the first ep of Tricornered Window this morning and was very pleased with it as an adaption. It covered a lot of ground but didn't feel rushed to me although as a manga reader I knew what was getting condensed/left out so I don't know how it will feel if you're going in cold.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I probably should've expected they'd lean in on how horny the shots and paneling were in the first volume of Mieruko-chan for the adaptation, but it's still kind of disappointing to see. I'd have loved to watch this with friends but that ain't happening now. The ghosts look good in it!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Would be a step up considering the current state as misery is an emotion

I've now seen the ep and confirm it's the most engaging aquatope has been thus far, because things are actually happening for once

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah the change in setting and cast is enough for Aquatope to keep my attention.

I forgot what the early Mieruko manga was like so that was pretty jarring. They did throw a fun bone to manga readers early in the episode though.

Someone had a lot of fun animating the demon emperor. It's like a Konosuba character wandered onto the set.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 3, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sindai posted:

Mushoku Tensai: Someone had a lot of fun animating the demon emperor. It's like a Konosuba character wandered onto the set.
A pity Rudeus leers at every loli he meets. I keep forgetting he's 40.
Not that it would ruin the show for me. That poo poo I just ignore.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Vampire Cosmonaut manages to disappoint almost immediately. She's not even a vampire, she's more of a nocturnal arctic elf.

The only notable part of the episode was the completely out of nowhere weirdly sexual caviar eating.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 3, 2021

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Grouchio posted:

A pity Rudeus leers at every loli he meets. I keep forgetting he's 40.
Not that it would ruin the show for me. That poo poo I just ignore.

yeah, by far the worst thing for me in mushoku tensei is that the mentally adult mc keeps getting aroused by children. it feels really unnecessary.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

Vampire Cosmonaut manages to disappoint almost immediately. She's not even a vampire, she's more of a nocturnal arctic elf.

The only notable part of the episode was the completely out of nowhere weirdly sexual caviar eating.

Wait. She can eat food without projectile vomiting?

Man, you're right. She's not a vampire at all. Disappointing.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Fanservice: Scarier than ghosts

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i havent seen eva 4 yet because my friend is worthless

defintie watches:

demon slayer new season (once the movie recap ends)
jojo part 6
blade runner black lotus (not sure this will actually air?)
jujutsu kaisen 0 (whenever it eventually gets subbed)
way of the house husband s2
aggretsuko s4
hanma baki (still need to watch the third chunk of the previous series, again held up by aforementioned friend)

will try out:

mieruko-chan (i read the manga)
super crooks

a lot better season than summer, that's for sure

Relin fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 4, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sindai posted:

Someone had a lot of fun animating the demon emperor. It's like a Konosuba character wandered onto the set.

still in awe of that whole segment

a creature of foreign and fabled animation, surely gone from the show until like s3 or something

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Still better than Ex-Arm

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

RatHat posted:

Still better than Ex-Arm

What isn't

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

really mad that they did this since the manga looks pretty nice and has some goofy faces this 100% can't actually do

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

really mad that they did this since the manga looks pretty nice and has some goofy faces this 100% can't actually do

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

honestly just praying this show doesn't gohands me into watching it, because it's a half decent story base with the sort of utterly baffling aesthetic that makes me want to keep digging

https://files.catbox.moe/aj2bi0.webm

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 4, 2021

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ex-Arm.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

legitimately thought it was a nintendo switch game before i realized that a) it wasnt in blurry sub-720p and b) i was in the anime subforum

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yak of Wrath posted:

I loved pretty much everything about MUTEKING except the 3D fight/skate sequence.

It's silly enough that I want to see what the next episode's fight is gonna look like.

OP a bit of a bop too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr0-kR1xXSs

ED isn't as hot, but the video is really cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zF4X6t1TK8

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like Muteking's bit just fully being in throwback zone, but it will be a shame if Aurora keeps monopoly on having the wild and awesome cg performances

https://files.catbox.moe/titrna.webm

also the first ep wanting to cram too much that we couldn't get a good uninterrupted sequence :sigh:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well guess i have to watch this in full

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

mieruko-chan contained more lingering rear end shots than I was expecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dogsicle posted:

still in awe of that whole segment

a creature of foreign and fabled animation, surely gone from the show until like s3 or something
And so the Adventurer requested of the Demon: Grant me boundless wealth,
And the Demon Replied: Don't be ridiculous. Can't you see I'm penniless?
And so the Adventurer requested of the Demon: Give me reign over half the world,
And the Demon Replied: But I've never conquered half the world either.
And so the Adventurer requested of the Demon: Give me your body (lie),
And the Demon Replied: I worry about your future, but okay! :yayclod:
And then said: Well, I would if I wasn't engaged already.
And so the Adventurer beckoned: Well what do you offer?
And the Demon Replied: I give people demon eyes.
And so the Demon plucked out his eye.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 4, 2021