Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

the dragon knight anime kinda sucked

i managed to finish the dragon knight aeni but it wasn't really very good. the animation was stifled and the pacing was all over the place. that said some of the character designs were cool and the girl who can't talk was cute (probably why she got added to dota as a hero) (i'm still never going to play dota ever again, valve, 3000h was enough)

e: what the gently caress boondocks was animated by studio mir too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

KillHour posted:

Yeah but I used them all a decade ago. Now I'm just an empty husk parroting tired memes and banging my hands randomly on the keyboard until I'm either validated as a troll or run out of the thread.

I’m running you out of this thread.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

I’m running you out of this thread.

As a burnt-out anime veteran, I'm pretty sure he can only manage a sedate waddle at best.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

KillHour posted:

Yeah but I used them all a decade ago. Now I'm just an empty husk parroting tired memes and banging my hands randomly on the keyboard until I'm either validated as a troll or run out of the thread.

You should love your hobbies and post about those. We have a rule in ADTRW about how you actually have to like anime and manga to post here so you don't get a bunch of GBS posters and the like shitpostong in every thread, making every thread tedious and making everyone posting feel like poo poo.

If you want to talk about all the cool things you read and watch here, or have an earnest discussion in any of the threads here about the material I'm all for that, but posting just to troll to make people feel miserable sucks.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I was 99% sure I was going to eat a sixer for that but I really wanted to get the self dig in.

Darth Walrus posted:

As a burnt-out anime veteran, I'm pretty sure he can only manage a sedate waddle at best.

This guy gets me. Alright alright I'll stop pretending I'm Jreg.

OR WILL I!?

Yes.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i only shitpost about anime because i unapologetically love anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KillHour posted:

I was 99% sure I was going to eat a sixer for that but I really wanted to get the self dig in.

This guy gets me. Alright alright I'll stop pretending I'm Jreg.

OR WILL I!?

Yes.

look you are extremely unfunny and depressing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

marumaru
May 20, 2013

takt op sucked
dropped it by episode 5 or 6 because it felt like nothing ever happened and i'd be surprised if someone told me it went anywhere by the last episode

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

marumaru posted:

takt op sucked
dropped it by episode 5 or 6 because it felt like nothing ever happened and i'd be surprised if someone told me it went anywhere by the last episode

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Endorph posted:

look you are extremely unfunny and depressing.

I may be a sarcastic shitposter but I have feelings too you know :mad:

Edit: I'm not saying that ironically. You didn't even mean that as a joke and it hurt :(

KillHour fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 30, 2021

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
She's not wrong though.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Raposa posted:

Hmm, yes. Anime IS blood.

gently caress off. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone posted this tired rear end "joke".

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I thought that maybe we had finally made some progress as a species since nobody posted it for so long. But I was tragically wrong.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m going to destroy my posting enemies and maybe my friends too

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

I’m going to destroy my posting enemies and maybe my friends too

sometimes you've got to make the hard choices

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
didnt even know 'anime is blood' is a thing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a quote from a comic

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias can we make it the subtitle of the next season thread

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

dogsicle posted:

it's a quote from a comic

People getting awfully upset about a quote from a comic. Unless it’s a nazi comic or something like that it seems like a bit of an overreaction

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well i'm going to guess it's more than a decade old, is from a western webcomic, and was never particularly funny or relevant outside of being a dumb bit in that comics character storyline

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

but also something set this thread into being miserable and posting about posts and other posters and please god does anybody have final seasonal thoughts or can the new season drop already

at this point i'm just going to have to dump a post about what i finished and the like five other shows i have yet to finish will just wait

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread should be up sometime later today

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean for the actual animes to start

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think the yostar golf girls thing airs tomorrow but its just a one episode special and not a series

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have still been keeping up on Lupin. It is still good in a pretty standard good Lupin way. Not much news to report on that front but hey that 2nd Oshii-written episode had a fossil of an angel so it was neat to see him bring something from his canceled Lupin movie into it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

i think the yostar golf girls thing airs tomorrow but its just a one episode special and not a series

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't worry dav, there's always birdie wing: golf girls' story

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

when are they making the 4th season of tesagure

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Namtab posted:

Julias can we make it the subtitle of the next season thread

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Anime for the anime kami, manga for the mangaka.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

after months i thought i knew tesla note, that it couldn't shock me, but no. the finale is straight up missing scenes replaced by the same still shots of a blimp, shadows are freaking the gently caress out, some parts the models just don't animate, and animation errors(?) like this

goodbye you strange and kind of awful show, you at least still had some good gags until the end o7

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Show the nice blimp

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's a very butt-looking blimp

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is it better than the crunchyroll anime adaptation i already forgot the name of somehow

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I was wondering if you meant Fena at first cause that was also bad but than I remembered Ex-arm and went oh...

Also lol Crunchyroll original anime

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

after months i thought i knew tesla note, that it couldn't shock me, but no. the finale is straight up missing scenes replaced by the same still shots of a blimp, shadows are freaking the gently caress out, some parts the models just don't animate, and animation errors(?) like this

goodbye you strange and kind of awful show, you at least still had some good gags until the end o7

Did it continue having a trend of looking like there was two CGI teams working on it, one of which was competent and the other very poor, or did the quality just steadily decline overall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I was wondering if you meant Fena at first cause that was also bad but than I remembered Ex-arm and went oh...

Also lol Crunchyroll original anime

i mean fena was netflix, who has a much worse track record than cr even so