Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fena was an Adult Swim/Crunchyroll co-production and also good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
gonna blame having the other awful original production sirius on my mind for my mistake then

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also don't get me wrong, Fena is extremely flawed, but it's flawed in a very 2000s way which is very nostalgic and why I like it.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Waffleman_ posted:

Also don't get me wrong, Fena is extremely flawed, but it's flawed in a very 2000s way which is very nostalgic and why I like it.

It had 9/11, the War on Terror, Evanesence, and the Great Recession?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did it continue having a trend of looking like there was two CGI teams working on it, one of which was competent and the other very poor, or did the quality just steadily decline overall?

it felt like general production struggling decline to me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Triggerhappypilot posted:

It had 9/11, the War on Terror, Evanesence, and the Great Recession?

it took a poorly-established swerve into metaphysical bullshit in the last two episodes

try reading the last few episode summaries

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 31, 2021

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New seasonal thread is up:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989272

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Fena is very 80's and I could probably forgive it if it just had a normal ending but god the ending arc is so bad and stupid that it clearly lands on my worst list of shows that I actually watched this year. Though hey, it's not near Vlad Love or Wonder Egg Project bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best early 2000s anime swerve of all time will forever be utawarerumono.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's time for these shows to get out of the fall seasonal thread and into the 2021 year thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989334

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's a clean version for Ranking of Kings second OP and goddamn show; you're not supposed to make people feel things with just the OP in 90 seconds :qq:. (Also massive spoilers for the entire first season if you've not watched it yet, fair warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2wdRCCMHK8